Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

New Channel Page

New Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Everything is sooo big, it looks like I had my resolution on 200%.
    The panels should all be customizable and moveable.
    The Info page should be the first thing my viewer should see and not all my videos.
    The schedule plan looks like font size 150 pt. and should be much smaller and perhaps integrated in my info page.
    And at last -> let it be selectable if I want to show an Intro video or my own created banner

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevents unnecessary blur from the filtering applied when resizing the video. Great for retro game streamers using integer scaling.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The clock that ticks away below the stream video when online can stress some people out. An option to turn that off would be appreciated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  I'm a viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This also goes for "I'm a streamer"

I would honestly prefer a revert option, but if that doesn't work, at least allow an option to choose between the new style and old style.

I don't get why anyone who would have to watch my streams would have to click my profile picture and then find the tab to watch a clip, I don't get why the "About me" information box takes up so much space. Most streamers already have a custom "About" section. The schedule tab also seems really redundant.

This honestly might be the worst update I've ever seen…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Even way back to September 2019, the old channel layouts back then used to be fantastic. Now you're just making it worse each time, Twitch. We can't see who someone is following, we can't see our followers either and there's also an annoying green background in the bottom-right corner when scrolling down. And we also can't see the banners. Twitch, you're stooping lower and lower. Why not make a poll for everyone to decide which layout they prefer more?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. i dont like going into "videos" to get to clips. would like the return of the clips shortcut. i liked before being able to close the player rather than having it in the upper background.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I don't like not being able to see the title of the channel i am on because they are hosting somebody else.

Many streamers i know use their Title as a way to update viewers on what's happening especially while offline. Ex. Title may be "No stream today, will be live at usual time tomorrow" helps your viewers stay up to date, less confusion etc. However with the current setup the hosting message where the title usually is completely replaces that and is only possible to see when not hosting anybody.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How can I revert this? please, It is not yet complete, things are missing, for example, to see the followers, the option of "My Teams" in the channel configuration does not appear.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No one can find Videos now... nor is the Streaming schedule ANY helpful since its WAY to big and does NOT show ANY relevant information.
    (Streaming from 10 pm to 3pm for example just cuts every word in half and puts it into two different lines...WHY?)

Yes Panels did the same thing, and Banners too... Why do i have to design everything new? The "Channel Trailer" is a nice Idea, but DEFINETLY in the wrong place.

Using a browser zooming in and out just makes everything worse... Like try it!
    The stream even keeps running on the side of the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I spend so much time making sure that all of my VOD's and highlights have a description that is informative and useful, and I've just noticed it's been removed. Please bring the description back. It's the only way I can reference info I need to convey for that VOD.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So, in the video page I like to collapse the list of my "Followed Channels" but many channels don't show by default. So, often I have to expand it and click "Show More", then collapse it again.

Instead of having to do all that I'd like to simply click the heart icon on the top of the channel list to collapse it and expand it. The heart doesn't do anything anyways other than being a separator.

And the same can be done with the "Recommended Channels" and the "Online Friends" icons too of course.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The about section has a limit of 300 chars, which it doesn't stop you from breaking; it just truncates what you entered. This can lead to lost edits, which antagonizes creators who want to use the site's features.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The way the schedule panel is set up right now, with a full 24h time slot, if your stream begins at 10PM everyday the panels will look split between days and they won't show the full information in them, making them useless and confusing.

It would be very nice if the streamer can choose either to only show a 12h layout or a specific time slot (e.g. from 6PM to 6AM) to accomodate to these cases.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the ability to add a "Business E-Mail" address to the social links. It would be nice to have everything in one neat area.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  I'm a streamer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In all seriousness, I don’t think this is a very helpful update. I was trying to figure it out this morning, and it was very frustrating.

I liked how simple and easy it was before, it was very user friendly. I don’t know if it’s just not possible to upload a trailer now because it’s in testing, but I’ve been trying to get it to work for the past 10 minutes and it’s starting to anger me greatly.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For whatever reason, I needed to specifically UPLOAD a video to use as a channel trailer. I couldn't use any of my existing highlights, clips, or collections. If the VOD meets the criteria (less than 60s, etc), why can't we use it as a channel trailer?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would recommend to make it more visible when the channel is hosting another. Especially for new people on twitch its often very confusing.

Solution idea: for example, I would show the offline screen with a transparent screen over it (so you can still see the offline screen through it) in the center of it saying "This streamer is currently hosting XYZ" with a button to show the hosted channel on the page you are on right now, like "show" - or "hide" if you want to check out the offline screen - because quite a few of us have…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Making everything about the channel layout more accessible to mobile users would be a huge advantage, as currently the experience for mobile users is heavily compromised (inability for mobile users to interact with Twitch Polls is the exact reason I don't use them, for example).
    If the changes to this can be made in a way that makes it easier to communicate things like schedule and 'about the streamer' to a mobile user, I can get behind that, but otherwise I find there is very little redeeming about this new layout.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. While streamers may stream at the same time every week on their schedule, they may not stream the same thing on each day. Having common presets for titles, categories and tags for games or activities that we actively cycle between will make it easier when for scheduling rather than having to retype them out whenever we change things up.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?