Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. There are currently whispers that Twitch is planning to remove the rerun feature. I can provide a reasonable case why this feature should remain. I'm sure there are many communities who utilise this feature to come together and watch broadcasts outside of their time-zone, and have seen as much from twitter. I, and many others, view reruns for a different reason. We're a part of Reckful's community, many in our community only interact in chat during the reruns his Editors put on for us from time to time.

Not only do these reruns facilitate us to remember and celebrate the…

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, now, in 2022, there is a huge problem in the asmr category, 70% of streamers began to issue pre-recorded videos for real ones and play them for 40 hours, I think it is forbidden to do this! It became difficult for a real streamer to stream because the category is full of records, please stop streaming the recording and pass them off as a real stream.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I didn't know where else to put this, but I think channels should not have the "live" tag if they are a rerun. Maybe create a new tag that says "Rerun".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I cannot find where to start a rerun now that the new changes have been implemented. The dashboard spot got removed and it's not in the list anymore to re-add it to the dashboard. The only trace of reruns I can find is the new check box in the stream info manager.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reruns need to be added back as an option, I don’t understand why it was taken away, yes it may not have been a popular feature but some people still used it! If it was advertised more people may have used it more

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For years we (TheNORMIChannel) were providing educational, PSAs, and interviews about the Indoor Air Quality Industry as reruns because of work schedules of our audience. Now that you removed the rerun option, the information we provide is being limited by Twitch. I think since Covid you would agree Breathing is an important item. In any case, I fail to see how you put the importance of young girls talking while barely wearing anything over the thousands that watch our reruns about their environments and the technologies that can improve them. I understand that you run a business, but shame on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need a way to rerun our VODs. I don't want to use my encoders from my streaming software in order to play reruns. That becomes more and more complicated, especially to small and newer streamers on the platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A ferramenta reprise me ajudava demais em sempre manter meu canal ativo e isso também poder resultar em mais anúncios sendo visto na plataforma com isso gerando receita para o criador e para a plataforma , porque fazer reprises em forma de RERUN é trabalhoso demais e com isso exigindo gasto em energia e até mesmo consumindo o PC GAMER do criador , então retorne com a ferramenta REPRISES e pense no lado do CRIADOR DE CONTEÚDO dentro da plataforma!!! Desde já agradeço a atenção!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A falta de fazer as reprises sem precisar usar o obs faz uma falta muito grande isso ajuda a galera que não poder acompanhar nossos horarios poder acompanhar nos horarios que a gente avisaria sobre as reprises

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. i think we should be able to do reruns again they are useful and helpful to small streamers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. my idea is that reruns on twitch could be available to everyone not just affiliates and partners, my idea is that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think something should be done with reruns, like the feature to add overlays on top of it for follows or a chat box, and maybe some game overlay or something to make it not just feel like a VOD with a chatbox

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be helpful for channels especially NON-Affiliates who want to rebroadcast either their past broadcast stream to bring in more people to the channel or even rebroadcast highlighted content. It would expand the viewership of people because sometimes you can have a rerun playing for a different time-zone than when you stream. so if you would allow NON-Affiliated channels to be allowed the rerun feature again

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ban reruns.

Seriously, this is the most dishonest thing I ever saw. People who stream 3, 4 hours a day and keeps restreaming reruns over and over for hours and hours. This is really dishonest to people who want to start streaming because reruns are not LIVE and they keep milking viewers and subs with no effort at all, which makes really really hard to grow as streamer if you have to compete with people with +2k subs restreams. Also, what is up with the "i'm sleeping" stuff? I hope twitch can really support people who want to "WORK" as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In both the list of suggested streamers and the new "top screen half preview" thing you started doing the past week, the streamers that are showing reruns are shown as "Live" rather than "Rerun". Can the tag be changed to filter for both states?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Live vs Reruns

i think it should be made cleared when a chanel is on a rerun, it shouldn't say "LIVE"
    A way that i think they could help new streamers, or lew viewercount streamers overall is to have two subcategories, Live and Reruns.
    this would let streamers that are live have a chance to grow.

on the asmr category it's getting out of hands the amount of reruns, youtubecompilations and bots. and we can't do anything about it too. i've reported multiple channels but they are still there, even getting into front page. it's sad to see how the…

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I don't know where to find the answer to this but am i the only one who lost the ability to run reruns? theres nothing online about this subject and one day i just lost my rerun quick button

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. when you go to the "live" section there are some "repetitions" running, this make no sense,

maybe them can have its own category as "repetition"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ReRuns (Wiederholungen) sollten bei Twitch eindeutig auch als ReRuns gekennzeichnet sein. Bei Twitch werden alle Kanäle egal ob der Streamer live oder ob es eine 24/7 (ReRun) Dauerübertragung ist, als Live dargestellt. In der Kanalübersicht links nicht zu unterscheiden. Erst wenn der Kanal aufgerufen wird, sieht man um was es sich handelt. Es kann also passieren das man eine ganze Weile nur auf Wiederholungen stößt bevor man dann wirklich einen Live Kanal mit dem Streamer findet. Hinzu kommt das kleinere Streamer die wirklich live sind benachteiligt werden und somit auch weniger Beachtung bekommen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 50 votes

We're glad you're here