Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

144 results found

1. If users exit the clip editor without selecting "Publish", a clip with the stream title is still saved. These clips create clutter and detract from browsing all channel clips. Ideally these unintended clips should not be saved/posted.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Current behaviour (in web browser):

You open a clip, and it start to autoplay, but the sound is muted. So you have to click unmute, and then rewind the clip, to hear the beginning. Annoying!

(I understand that muting autoplay videos is a choice made by web browsers.)

Better behaviour would be:

You open a clip, and it doesn't autoplay. You click play to start it, and then it doesn't need to be muted.

Alternative solution:

Place a "hint" by the unmute button, showing the user how to disable this behaviour in their browser. E.g. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-autoplay

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to be able to choose the default max length of a clip when an Elgato Stream Deck is integrated. For example, I've opted to make clips myself using the "Create Clip" action on the Stream Deck. My gripe with this is that all the clips default to 30 secs. This is unfortunate when there are moments that are within the 90 sec. max, but fall outside of the 30 sec. default. So, on Twitch's end, either in the Stream Manager or in the Clips section in Settings, I'd like to see a "Change Default Max Length"…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On September 24th I posted an idea for a new app for Twitch that would be like TikTok or YouTube for Twitch clips, this is because short form content is much more consumable.

Upon discussion and feedback from streamers this should not be an app, since it would be much harder to get people to download and use the app. Instead this should be built right into the site already.

On the front page where you see the 4 purple buttons that say Games, IRL, Music and ESports, there should be a 5th tab called Discover or maybe better yet…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Over the past few years i've been clipping for several channels and I can easily say my experience using the clipping tool gets worse every year.
    First it was just a few minor issues with the tracking bar for the clip not loading in properly which took me months to realise you could refresh it to make it show up, now when I try it it can normally take dozens of tries before it will even show up at all.

These days sometimes the clip won't even load in at all or you will get a bit of audio/visual and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would really like it if twitch would include our stream titles, vod title, and clip titles in the sites meta description so it shows up in (close to real time) google search.

I recently browsed a stream on Trovo live and found that they do in real time syncing with google search twitch does not.

By even reverse searching twitch stream titles nothing shows up in google search, this is frustrating.

I would also like to be able to search in twitch for stream/clip,vod titles and have them show up in a search results page.

please add this

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would be handy to allow editors to edit the clips in general, but allowing the original viewer that clipped the clip to retain credit. Example: Maybe the clip has a cuts off a sentence mid-through, so moving the in/out point by a few frames would just clean up the clip.

Some clips I come across are really well done but no catchy title. Adding a title as an editor or broadcaster makes the clip more promotion-friendly when used on third party sites or in Discord.

Currently the only option is to create a new clip of the same content and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Implement a system that automatically uploads the Top Clips of the week (<7days) in a Twitch Story (similar to Instagram Story) - of course the Streamer has the ability to adjust the shown clips if necessary, but the initial upload is done by the system.

Short Pro's:
    - This enables viewers who can't spend several hours on Twitch to stay up to date about what happened recently in his/her favourite Twitch streams (they can easily browse through Twitch Stories without spending too much time)
    - Celebrate key moments with the community once again
    - Highlight the viewer who clipped it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would like to be able to get clips without providing a specific game/category/broadcaster id

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A lot of people make clips out of context just to harm streamers, if we can filter clips on dashbord by searching nicknames will be a lot easyer to take care of it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Their should be a way you can search through clips without seeing the same user over and over... I don't wanna see the same popular streamers clips, I want to see new streamers clips so please add an option to sort by limited 1 clip per streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Olá! Seria interessante adicionar qual jogo ou categoria o streamer estava jogando na parte dos clips (Clipes que achamos que vai gostar) na frente do nome do canal. Exemplo:

Nunca mais isso acontece
    randomchannel - jogando Resident Evil
    Criado por randomuser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I love the clips feature and highlight feature. But highlights cannot be re highlighted afterwards. It would be nice if clips could be a little longer to help include say boss fights, endings or other special circumstances that are a few to several minutes long.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My original tweet idea with a diagram: https://twitter.com/Shonen_Ronin/status/1484374423985549313

I have a new idea for clips.

A folder system for clips. Vods dont stay up long so this wouldnt work for it permanently, but on a temporary note, it would work.

It would make it so much easier for me to know what clips i edit and trimmed or re-titled for upload. So i could make folders for games. Make a new clip, title it, and drag it into said folder. Then i can have said folder titled "Clips to upload" or "Clips not to upload" for example. Now when i…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. de pouvoir télécharger les clips sur les chaines sans être éditeur

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sick idea for you Twitch. Could we get a "90 Day" selection when looking at clips. I would love to be able to see recent clips from the past few months instead of having to scroll through "All" of my clips from years back to find recent ones.

This would help creators find their recent content to use other places like in Discord, Twitter, or even making a video for a recruitment challenge a big team is having. Just a thought and I think a lot of creators including myself would love having this option to help them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I noticed that the clips are deleted by the system due to the presence of copyrighted music. In the recording of the broadcast, these places have a mute. It would be nice to turn off the sound in them instead of deleting clips.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What happens now:
    When you press the clip button on desktop it opens a new tab and the auto from the stream tab and from the clip tab are playing.

What I wish would happen:
    When you press the clip button it mutes the stream and opens the clip tab. (only clip tab has audio)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am Autor of clip.
    How can I know, why my clip is deleted?
    I Editor of channel. I can't see, who deleted my clip and why.
    Streamer can't help me too.

How can I check what happened with my clip?

Please, create an information system for this (for autors, for editors, for streamers).

• If clip is deleted by the Editor of channel — Write this "Removed by Editor" (and not required: editor comment).
    • If clip is deleted by the Twitch (Administrator/Moderator/Editor/or another role) — Write this with a reason.
    • If clip is deleted by the autonomic system — Write…
    13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Under the clip, on the clip page, have an expandable Comments section where twitch users can provide comments on the clip and other users of twitch have the ability to comment, upvote, downvote, like, or dislike other comments made by other twitch users.

The clip creator and broadcaster should have the ability to pin a comment they each like, even if they both like the same comment.

The ability to delete comments should be left to the Broadcaster.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?