Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. How about get rid of the bloody ads after we pay for a twitch sub? i am getting of sick of seeing ads every single time, sick of seeing ads covering content, sick of seeing the video hang but the vocals keep going so i have to refresh then i get another bloody ad. Sort your stupid ads out, i am not interested in paying for ads.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The reason for audio-only is >>> Audio Only <<<<

Your new ads auto-play video in Audio-Only settings.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You can place the voting option in the top right, that way it doesnt fully intrude any viewers so they dont miss any key moments

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If I sit through a preroll, I don't want to watch the stream for 15 seconds and then also sit through a midroll or an ad from the streamer. Shared Cooldown at the very least please

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If we must have ads playing incessantly, which don't get me wrong, I understand the business need for them, how about we limit them to 10 seconds or less? As much as it still stinks to miss 10 seconds of a stream, it would at least suck less than missing like 30 seconds or so. It would be a nice middle ground between Twitch getting the ad revenue it needs and us, the viewers not getting interrupted.

Secondary idea to tag on to this: Warnings when ads are about to show up. Like youtube does, or did... or does? Give…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please remove this garbage ad from Knorr with "keinpart2".
    I'd prefer to not have anybody slurping and chewing loudly into my ears, thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When comes to this idea, I do love Stream Display ads BUT there are some things I feel are really needed to improve this.
    I know it's in testing but I feel we should have some more control over them compared to current testing.

Some small things that could work by giving streamers more control, and a basic idea of what I mean that could really improve Stream Display Ads;

1) Make an option so that the only ads that show up on your stream are Stream Display Ads. (people can pick between the two systems?) Ads that don't disrupt…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's all becoming too much with the ads. Your company (who is fueled by its content creators) is ruining the twitch experience in it's entirety. Creators are forced to run ads far too often on their streams. You as a company are ruining this platform. My suggestion, only place ads when entering a stream, (and not 6 30 second ads) have 1-3 30 second ads and then THAT'S IT! Unless the creator wants to run more there shouldn't be more. Get it under control while you still can, before you lose majority of the audience. DON'T BE YOUTUBE! Thanks for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to not run ads at all. I get that streamers get revenue, but its so small to me, that it doesn't really matter. I, like a few people I've interacted with, directly or indirectly, feel like the random roll of ads (sometimes a 3 minute ad will roll) deters new viewers from sticking around longer to find if they like the streamer. There are some people who just aren't "on" for the entire stream and it takes a good 2 minutes for an interesting topic to come up, but when you already say through ads, you decide…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Commercial break in progress" has got to go. Can't even skip that with a subscribe button or an adblocker. That screen is supposed to be "30 seconds" but when the 30 seconds was up it started over again.... and again... and again and then finally I got in and was able to watch.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stream Display ads should not be the first thing you see when entering a stream. It discourages watchers to stay and see what is going on when they are forced to watch 2-5 mins of ad content before they even get to see or hear the streamer. Please set a delay on ads when a new user joins a stream. A user should not see an ad until at least 5-10 mins of stream content has been veiwed... then if you want to bombade the veiwer with ads AFTER they get a chance to watch some of the stream, go…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Intro ads are fine, closing/raid ads are fine, streamer chosen time ads are fine, banner ads on the website are fine, buying in for an ad free experience is fine. Look at all that. Now look how you are destroying your website. Nobody is fine with this. Stop at what you can actually get away with and leave the rest alone. I'm done and moving on.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Much like with subscribers, a way for the streamer to disable ads for VIPs. I have friends that can't afford to sub, but I'd like for them to still be able to have an ad-free experience on my channel.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The idea came up because for some reason people are getting Russian ads in Lithuania (and other near by regions) instead of English. New generation don't speak Russian, so it would be cool to have ads default in English. People could always just switch to Russian if they want to.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not an idea, why am I getting a Portuguese Nivea ad in the region of Belgium? Portugal/Brazil or any other Portuguese speaking countries aren't remotely close to my location. It's not an official language of my country, and I wasn't using a VPN. Is this a bug? Can you guys make sure ads appear in the right region with the right language? For example, my region of Flanders (Belgium) could be French, Dutch, German or English, but never Portuguese. Thanks for understanding.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alright, let’s be real here. The only people on Twitch that would use this feature and actually earn a few bits off of it would be large creators. Once again, let’s be real... do these large creators give two hamburger crumbs about bits? No. The only thing that they would care about is actually earning real currency off of ads. And ads don’t give you anything at all really so...

The people that will care about bits and want bits would be people that don’t stream or unpopular streamers. Let’s say you’re a unpopular streamer. How much bits would you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. They do more harm than good, when I'm trying to moderate. Especially during technical difficulties and issues with the stream staying connected.
    I have to sit through 10-30s of ads every time they get the stream back up, to help diagnose or otherwise let them know what could be the issue. Or having to get the info a second time from them because I didn't hear them when they first came back.
    Simply put, they're useless on the mod page, and in some cases, could potentially make the user experience worse because of the lack of communication between streamer and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?