Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

465 results found

1. I would love it if there was a way to offer a different cam overlay (or second camera angle) for people who sub to a second or third tier. Like I want to over content on my video that is invisible to those at lower sub levels. For example, I am an artist. Everyone can see my art cam but second and third tiers are the only ones who can also see my face cam. (or pet cam)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create a category where streamers can give a small group of people (...maybe the amount is related on how big is the channel?) full sub benefits without actually subbing, like emotes and not seeing ads (or seeing less ads). This will benefit creators who receive support from other ways, like if someone already supports a streamer on a high patreon tier, they can get the streamer's twitch emotes without needing to sub !

Will also greatly support smaller streams since emotes are a way to advertise a channel and will allow friends (and by friends i mean mods and artists…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After you activate the "Block Receiving Gifts on Channels You don't Follow" setting, if you touch any of the three settings("Hide Progressive Gifter Badge and Gifts Given Count", "Hide Subscription Status in Chat Viewer Card", "Hide Founder Badge") below it, the "Block Receiving Gifts on Channels You don't Follow" setting is therefore disabled.

I had this experience before, so I made an ticket to the support team, but at this time, I couldn't reproduce it because I didn't know the exact cause, so I just let it go.
    However, this time, I find the cause and report it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Every month when my prime subscription expires, I am forced to watch ads while the subscription menu says that my prime subscription will be available today. I have to watch ads, disrupting the stream, just because the prime subscription expires before it renews. It is a horrible user experience for prime users because the prime subscription curiously expires exactly one month after activating it, yet it renews later than one month after activating it. The event that causes the prime subscription to end after 1 month should also trigger the event to renew the subscription so prime users are not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I bought a six month subscription to a channel, and three days later the streamer left Twitch for another platform.
    There should be a refund mechanism of some kind for situations like this - money back for the months remaining, store credit, transfer the sub to another channel - anything.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow a sub gifter to give subs "on behalf of" another user.

Inevitably, during a hype train or just as part of the regular course of a stream, someone who is normally an avid gifter or just a steady, regular viewer and active chat participant, will express regret that their current financial status doesn't let them gift subs or send bits.

It would be nice to be able for someone (anonymous or not) to gift subs "on behalf of @UserX". Just another way of sharing some of the love around. I think several of the streamers I follow and sub…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Netflix is 9.99, Hulu is 6.99, Amazon Prime is 14.99 (and you get so much with that).

Twitch is overpriced for 2 reasons right now -

You can support 3 channels on Twitch for 15 dollars as it is right now. Compared to having access to thousands of shows and movies on other platforms.

Those 3 channels you spend 15 dollars on won't have ads, but the other streams you may want to check out are littered with ads. These ads pop up that worst times. Usually when something exciting is happening.

They also pop up very frequently when you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. However, I would like the option to not accept gift subs. There are lots of channels that I follow, but don't watch. Gift subs would be better suited to people who want to participate in channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As we know, ads are common on any platform and I understand they're a primary source of income. Generated for both parties (twitch, and content creators) and is evenly split between both parties. However, sometimes these ads are intrusive and lead to a reduction in viewer retention.

While the viewers suffer from advertisements but also streamers, streamers stream for 4 hours a day, sometimes every day, and some stream more. That's a part-time job, and some aren't gaining anything out of it. I, myself am a streamer and try to stream 5 days a week, but I find it very…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recently have seen a lot of crossover events of streamers on other people's streams, I think there could be an opportunity for something like a one dollar 24hr or 72hr subscription that acts simply to remove ads for a short time. This mainly stemmed from me jumping around to multiple different streams when watching the different sh**camp events, where i don't wanna pay for a sub for 8 different creators, but would be willing to pay 1$ to have a temporary break from ads for that days event or so on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Imagine being able to buy 10 sub-vouchers in one go, which you can use like the prime sub, by checking a checkbox. This would mean that there would only be one bundled payment instead of having multiple payments.

You could maybe even use the vouchers to gift a sub.

The possible advantage from my point of view is that you can pay for all your subscriptions at the same time, which would make

This could maybe even come with a discount as there should be less money transfer fees.

Going even further: You could have an autobuy option for the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is horrendous that you have decided to not include gift subs in Subtember this year. That was the driving force behind the success for creators (and therefore Twitch) in prior years.

Please reconsider this immediately and stop pulling revenue-driving opportunities from your creators and those who pay for the platform to exist.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SUBtember  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Basically the point here is not to only remove the Tiers, but improve instead and we all know that "Tier 2 and Tier 3" is not for everyone, so the idea is to make this a more comfortable way for the Views to use it and for the Streamer to manage!?

1° Instead of the "Tier" the sub should be a fixed price.

2° Add an option that make viewers choose if they want to pay more for the sub and that extra being like a donate.

3° That would be an way to not have a separate "Donate Button"…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Gifted subs are a great idea to in crease engagement in a particular community. However I do not for the life of me understand why a gifted sub can be give to someone who has never seen the channel.

Please implement a control that forced gifted subs to be given to people who have spent a "significant" amount of time in the channel.

For instance, I was recently gifted a sub to a channel I know nothing about, and have no interest in watching based on the content being aired. This to me is a waste of the gifter's time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As I gift subs often, I tend to get gifted subs in return a lot of times as well. Due to certain algorithms I assume, I sometimes get subs to channel I am not interested in and/or have never been to. It would be nice to get priority in gift sub bombs for channels you frequent often, or by means of some sort of wishlist, so that people know which channel(s) you'd like to get a sub gift the most.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Aside from not having the option to purchase the Turbo subscription annually, the biggest downside for international users (like me) is the lack of options to pay in our own currency. Once we've paid to convert to USD, PLUS the conversion costs, it gets a lot more pricey than $8.99. My last short stint with Turbo was costing me $13.55 a month. That's far more than I pay for Prime. I'm going to want a whole lot more than just ad-free service for that amount.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I propose to change "sub anniversary" to "sub milestone" (or something similar) since it is being used for a number of months one has subscribed instead of marking the annual recurrence of date when one subscribed. It can sometimes be confusing, especially if a streamer speaks about it and forgets to override the meaning of "anniversary" by stating that it is a monthly one.
    The wording becomes even less accurate if in some months in between one has not subscribed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've lost enough footage (including world records) because of only having 2 weeks to make a highlight. Having only 1 week just because the stats say that most people don't watch VODs after a week, doesn't justify users requiring prioritizing hours of Twitch highlighting over other deadlines. If users are really only gonna be given a week with a paywall as the only other option, then atleast make the highlighting process faster. Highlighting 100+ streams a month takes many hours due to the default being that only the middle gets highlighted, so you have to manually drag it outward each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Turbo  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Subscription reminder emails received an update (per https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310231-subscriptions/suggestions/43444125-subscription-reminder-emails-lack-critical-informa ) but other types of subscription emails do not display this information directly.

For payment declined notifications this information IS in the attached invoice (at the very bottom) but requires the extra step of accessing the invoice to get the name.

For refund notifications, this information does not appear to be included AT ALL (only an invoice reference for the original transaction, requiring search for the original email.)

As such, in the event of card problems (like card getting blocked for security, etc.) it is difficult to tell quickly and at a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?