Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

234 results found

1. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why is there no webOS section for feedback on this User Voice site?
    Please add a section for the multiple issues that regards the (LG) webOS app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The recent update (2022-09-05?) to the LG webOS app moved the (Un)Follow button from the bar to a separate, in-stream, button.
    This also made it so that you no longer (on reflex) can press Right button x4 + Enter to activate chat, (which you want to see, ref: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310225-twitch-applications-tv-apps/suggestions/41734411-on-the-lg-webos-app-make-it-so-the-twitch-chat-do)

because the movement of the indicator STOPS (bug/badUI!) at the Unfollow button, which instead causes you to accidentally unfollow your favorite streamer and lose your YEARS LONG followage!

PLEASE revert the UI change and put the (Un)Follow button back to the bar where it was placed perfectly fine before.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On the WebOS app for LG TV, the back button on my TV remote should make the overlay disappear rather than bringing me back to the previous screen.

It should only bring me back to the previous screen if the overlay is not being displayed.

Disappointed to not see this UI function not implemented in v11 pushed out 9/05/2022.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better integration of Twitch and easier/more reliable use of Twitch via Alexa/Echo devices and Fire TV... I should be able to easily change channels and watch twitch streams via Echo Show 8/10/5 as well as stream Twitch audio to an Echo Studio Stereo Pair... the Echo skill is unreliable at best, and makes it difficult to change between streamers... and the Fire TV skill does not support raids and just ends the channel...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. this watch party feature already exists on web and on iphone, but the apple tv app doesn’t support it

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello, for the first time in 3 years and 2 months the twitch helpdesk has me to come here to talk about my problem. My problem is that twitch on my firestick only restarts and it's impossible to use it. It would be nice to tell me the procedure to follow to solve the problem because after more than 3 years and 2 months the twtich help service is incapable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you roll the Fire TV app back to the old UI please? Selecting a followed channel should not default to the Unfollow button & the ability to scroll back through the entire catalogue of VoD contact needs to be reinstated. If I'm a few weeks behind on a streamed series like Critical Role, I need to be able to get to where I left off (ike I used to be able to do), but now anything more than a few weeks old is inaccessible without going through search, which only brings up some of the things I search for…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use Fire Stick to watch Twitch streams and noticed that I don't seem to earn channel points while watching streams this way, would be awesome if that 10 points per minute accrued while using the Fire Stick app!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When logged into my Twitch account on the Google TV Twitch app and I'm browsing a game category, please only show channels for the language that the app or OS is set at.

The filter option works great but you have to set the filter almost every single time you go back into that category. For example, navigate to the Grand Theft Auto V category, set the filter to any language, select a livestream, watch for a little bit 2-5 minutes, back out of the livestream and you will notice the filter has been removed.

I would rather not have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am tired of having to reselect the quality from 1080p to 480p every single time that I put on a new stream. Please remember my choice of 480p as the default for every channel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1.) At the moment it doesn't seem to be possible to filter for German or other languages with the current Fire TV Cube app. There is therefore no longer any way of seeing which language the respective stream is in. This was still possible in the old version of the app.
    2.) I don't like that you can no longer send short messages using the Fire TV Cube keyboard and that you have to use the Twitch app on your cell phone or tablet.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello how are you? My name is Eduardo, I was wondering if there is any interest in developing the Twitch app for TVs with Tyzen OS?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As of 7/18/2022 the twitch app on FireTV cannot follow raids into other channels. When a stream enters a raid the app gives a Stream Ended notification with options to either go to the previous streamer's profile or return to the home page. If nothing is selected the FireTV goes into sleep mode.

Additionally, the preview image/video displayed for each stream in the home menu is now a static image from when I first logged in with the new version of the app. All the channel previews have been the same images for the last 3 days, which means that…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would appreciate to have an additional option to choose to the latency / lag on the LG TV app. I noticed that on the Twitch app on my mobile, I get a twitch stream around 4-5 seconds ahead than on the LG TV.

I appreciate that it is possible to select video quality like 360p, 420p, 720p, 1080p, etc. But currently, I do not see an option to get a faster latency from the streamers stream. The value here is getting to discuss with chat as real-time as possible. Since topics jump quickly the bigger the viewer count, sometimes the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The upgraded Fire TV app debuted this week and while there are some improvements there was one giant step backwards. At the end of streams it no longer stays with the channel when the creator does a raid and the stream just ends. Please bring following the raid back on the Fire Twitch app.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Chat playback no longer displays while watching VODs on Samsung Smart TV app (latest update July 13, 2022).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I been thinking about the tv experience and how not many user really use it to much but I think some small improvements and innovations can change people perspective, maybe we would use it like direct tv, but instead of movies you will have content from streamers, also you should implement that when put your twitch account on the tv your twitch phone app would synchronize and be the controller of the site, you should also include something to change the tv channels, maybe two options one to change between channels you follow and the other option to do a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Apple TV app often gets left behind, and one of these ways that it's been forgotten about is in the animated emotes department. They still don't animate when you have chat on screen. It would be really nice if someone could look over the Apple TV app and get it back in line with the rest of Twitch's apps!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?