Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

33 results found

1. Dear twitch,

“gamestreams” is a great app for LG smart tvs (webOS) that allows one to watch twitch streams directly on the tv without the need of using some other casting devices. Unfortunately after the API V3+5 change/shutdown the app suddenly stopped working. I’m sure there are lots of people watching twitch on LG tvs and we’d like to able to do so in the future. After reaching out to the developer of the gamestreams app i got the following answer from Reemet Paabo:

“Yes Twitch.tv is closing down the V3 and V5 API endpoints that we are using and…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Re posting this to the TV App bugs.

Multiple users having issues with the app during any sort of playback.

The Twitch Apple TV app does not work on the new tvOS 17.0 OS . When watching a VOD or live stream, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing.

This issue has been reported multiple times not only here but also as feedback, and nothing has been done, and there have been no acknowledgements from the team.

Original Post: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310222-twitch-applications-mobile/suggestions/47267012-tvos-17-0-twitch-app-vod-video-goes-black-after-5

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. And yet it doesn't stutter on my phone itself, or my PC, or my PS4. Please address this issue.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I open the web browser app on my Samsung tv and go to twitch.com, I can't watch any stream because the video is black. I can see the chat live, I can see the number on viewers, but the video isn't starting. I press the play button and it keeps spinning but it doesn't starts. It's like this for 2 months. 2 months ago it worked perfectly

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please rollback version 11 to version 9 on Chromecast / appletv.

It's the same for firetv, this version is broken als well since V10, that's why I replaced my firetv with a Chromecast. Now here the same buggy and broken version got released as well. Since you guys don't care at all for your users I think I will just uninstall it or use a third party player.

How can you guys not have ANY QA at all with such a large user base? I don't get it...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When streaming VODs at 1080p (perhaps more, my TV is 1080p) after about 1-2 minutes, the stream will stop and load indefinitely. This happens on my Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast v2/v1.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. experiencing severe black flickering on my Google tv app (Philips) since the latest update. Kinda unbearable to watch. Please fix

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have been using the Twitch app on the Chromecast with Google TV, and notice multiple times that the Chromecast will go to sleep while watching a stream after around 10 mins. Very frustrating.

Twitch app version: 6.0.0
    Android TV OS version: 10

Please let me know if this should be posted or communicated elsewhere.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The "Followed Games" section row, keeps disappeared when I try to navigate to that row in the Nvidia shield TV Twitch app, and then it is only "Live channels" and "Followed channels" left on that screen.

This is annoying me to no end. Please fix?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I find the new apple tv app very good, but now when I choose a live stream, the live options do not disappear and it stays in a constant loop, it never disappears. It is very annoying, especially if you only want to watch the stream in full screen.

I hope you can fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for everything!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While watching certain streamers on my TV app the screen will blink/flash a black screen almost every 2 seconds. I suggest you fix this quick as it will cause seizures. I don’t think you guys would like a lawsuit from me cause you hurt me or a loved one that has issues with situations like this. You’re lucky it hasn’t caused a problem already. Fix it , or I’ll be rich.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When watching a stream on Apple 4k tvOS, the stream's window appears to "Shake" horizontally really badly. The chat window on the right is perfectly fine, so it doesn't seem like its a tv issue.

It seems to be worse on some streams more than others. But I do not see the shaking on any other platforms.

Some streams shake so badly that I just cannot watch it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Expected Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels should include....uhhh, all of the channels that I follow that are live.

Actual Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels shows me a random set of the channels that I follow that are live. What channels are shown is almost inversely proportional to how often I watch said channels. The count of the channels shown in this section is also random. Sometimes 7, sometimes 4, just all over the place.

In order to actually see "Live followed channels", I have to navigate to "Following" > "Live Followed Channels". Not only is this an extra…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pretty severe bug, when I watch a live stream and a streamer runs an ad, after the ad is done the stream lags horribly. I counted 1 frame per 4 seconds until the stream freezes and I have to restart the stream.
    Please fix this fast!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have LG Oled TV. Everytime I use Twitch app, I have to hide chat before getting full screen of the stream. I suppose most of the users who watch streams from TV don't want to interact with chat since writing is not very convenient. I suggest you remove chat from default view from televisions or give users a chance to choose the default view.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can log into the application on the TV, can see previews of what is happening on the stream, but when I go to watch it it gives me the “Bug - Oh bummer… an error occurred while playing this content” message. It just started happening today. I have not done any new updates, haven’t changed wifi, didn’t disconnect wifi at all when it started happening. I was watching a stream and just went into another one and this pops up no matter what I do.

I have tried shutting off my tv and unplugging it for an extended period. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are a lot of complains for years about the Twitch App on LG WebOS, and I’m also unfortunately experiencing too like many others. Whenever I join a stream and turn on the chat, it disappears after few minutes and instead it’s just a black box on the side of the screen, where the chat should’ve been. Unfortunately this still till this day hasn’t been fixed and it makes it really unenjoyable for us viewers to watch any stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It stutters, won't play 1080p or 60fps, the interface is very slow and laggy. The app used to be very good, what happened. This web-interface-api-nonsense has to stop. It crashes or stops mid-stream, if the stream starts in the first place. On my PS5, at least the picture quality is good (1080 60p), but it is also unstable and stops streams that work on my phone. Make a native app again, like on my phone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the last update to the AndroidTV app in the week before January 29th 2023 there was a change in behavior when you press a button when in fullscreen.

Now the button action gets applied. So to get the UI back I need to press a button. If I press OK it will execute the action the the at that time not visible focus is on which is dangerous as it could be on Unfollow or Back or at least annoying that it does something.

Pressing left or right start scrolling the timeline when watching a VOD. When watching live…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Twitch TV App for Playstation 5 updated to the latest version (November 2022). I like the inclusion of the about me section, it provides a helpful description of what a channels' content is. The homepage now includes a selection of viewable categories -with ready to browse through channels being showcased. A welcome feature. But there may be one too many viewable categories (to browse through downwards) on the homepage. Fewer sections/ viewable categories could aid the homepage in appearing less clunky. Or an option that allows users to personally customize which categories appear on their homepage -would be wonderful.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?