Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

40 results found

1. The chat closes after a period of time if there is no remote movement, which is frustrating when sitting and watching. Maybe leave the chat open permanently or give a setting to make it disappear over a period of time

471 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice twitch to add a "cast to" feature similar to you tube where to be able to share the stream on tv.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You recently updated the TV application (I personally use the Amazon Firestick) and it is unusable. You can no longer access many previous broadcasts as it only loads recent ones. The fast forward and rewind feature glitches and is difficult to control, especially compared to the previous version. On the home screen, it does not show broadcasts you haven't finished anymore so you have to go to the subscriber and hope it is still available. The old version had some issues but at least it was easy to navigate

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Even I watch a stream I can't see how many and reedem channel points on Fire TV app.
    It can be helpful integrate the button as for pc/ios app to reedem directly on the tv app.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like an option so you can cast twitch to your Chromecast or whatever device you use with the chat on the side, like the theater mode we have on browser/app.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add playback speed control to the app for Chromecast with Google TV.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently Twitch chat on the LG app allows chat with still images only,
    with a limited amount of emotes available total. As a result, a lot of the chat context is lost due to the emote name being listed rather than the animation. This would go a long way in improving the user experience and making the app the premier Twitch viewing experience on the TV. Allowing BetterTTV emotes, which are already able to be integrated on the PC client, would also add to the chat experience.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The option to view chat on VODs has been removed from the Apple TV and Amazon Firestick apps. I watch VODs a lot and it’s frustrating to hear the streamers replying to messages in chat when I can’t even read what they are responding to. It makes for a frustrating viewing experience.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On the WebOS app for LG TV, the back button on my TV remote should make the overlay disappear rather than bringing me back to the previous screen.

It should only bring me back to the previous screen if the overlay is not being displayed.

Disappointed to not see this UI function not implemented in v11 pushed out 9/05/2022.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have several suggestions for the app:

1. They should show more followed users who are online broadcasting, since only 10 or 15 appear and the other online users with fewer viewers are not shown, only those with the most appear, the rest have to be searched manually.

2. Allow replays and clips to be viewed from channels and save progress.

3. That the order in which the lists appear down can be modified or that after showing those followed online, the next one shows the categories.

4. That the framerate for streams that have 60fps be fixed, at least to fix the image…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This feature is supported on most platforms now (just verified working on web and iOS apps), but is missing on tvOS.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have twitch on my LG TV but there is no way to watch past broadcasts, so if I miss the live stream I have to hook my laptop up the watch the vod. Why is watching vod's not a option on the TV app

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make live chat available when watching VOD on Samsung TV, that can be done when watching someone broadcasting in real time, but when it comes to the VOD, the chat is not available.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The stream is more than just the streamer and their game, it is also their chat. Not being able to view the chat on a VOD makes it feel like I'm missing part of the stream when watching a VOD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Similar to the Apple TV twitch app, bring functionality to interact with streamer chat via emoji or keyboard on the LG app

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I recently purchased the new chromecast with google tv, love it and love Twitch!

The problem is that using the twitch app on my TV routinely "times out" and sends the tv to ambient mode which shows pictures and the weather. I haven't been able to figure out how long it takes to time out but sometimes it seems like less than 10 minutes other times it plays for hours ... Might be stream dependent, but I am not sure what that would have to do with it.

I found some instructions on disabling the energy optimization I'm the chromecast…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would appreciate to have an additional option to choose to the latency / lag on the LG TV app. I noticed that on the Twitch app on my mobile, I get a twitch stream around 4-5 seconds ahead than on the LG TV.

I appreciate that it is possible to select video quality like 360p, 420p, 720p, 1080p, etc. But currently, I do not see an option to get a faster latency from the streamers stream. The value here is getting to discuss with chat as real-time as possible. Since topics jump quickly the bigger the viewer count, sometimes the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Apple TV app often gets left behind, and one of these ways that it's been forgotten about is in the animated emotes department. They still don't animate when you have chat on screen. It would be really nice if someone could look over the Apple TV app and get it back in line with the rest of Twitch's apps!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When logged into my Twitch account on the Google TV Twitch app and I'm browsing a game category, please only show channels for the language that the app or OS is set at.

The filter option works great but you have to set the filter almost every single time you go back into that category. For example, navigate to the Grand Theft Auto V category, set the filter to any language, select a livestream, watch for a little bit 2-5 minutes, back out of the livestream and you will notice the filter has been removed.

I would rather not have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The idea to remove pre-roll ads at the beginning of a raid was marked as completed and appears to be working on desktop, but I'm still getting ads immediately upon raids on the tvOS app.

This is incredibly frustrating as I am forced to miss the streamer's reaction from the raid.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310237-ads/suggestions/37197847-if-a-channel-raids-another-channel-the-raiders-sho

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?