Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

33 results found

1. I'm looking for recommendations on finding a normal psychic. I want to seek advice, but I don’t know who is best to contact. Maybe someone has experience communicating with psychics and can recommend a professional?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello Guys,

On Android TV, when chat spams emotes, live jerks. Please fix

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Chromecast app. The overlay with Settings, Streamer info, etc. doesn't go away. And there is no button to to make the overlay go away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can log into the application on the TV, can see previews of what is happening on the stream, but when I go to watch it it gives me the “Bug - Oh bummer… an error occurred while playing this content” message. It just started happening today. I have not done any new updates, haven’t changed wifi, didn’t disconnect wifi at all when it started happening. I was watching a stream and just went into another one and this pops up no matter what I do.

I have tried shutting off my tv and unplugging it for an extended period. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [LG webOS app] I only follow 1 twitch channel (HasanAbi) and when the channel is live, there’s nothing on the homepage about it. Instead it shows “Live Channels We Think You May Like”.

This is poor UX and requires extra clicks to get to the main content people want.

I don’t open twitch app to discover new content. I primarily open it to tune into a subscribed stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streams aren't smooth and keep flickering when compared for example to transmitting from the phone to the Android TV device. The app is also still buggy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expected Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels should include....uhhh, all of the channels that I follow that are live.

Actual Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels shows me a random set of the channels that I follow that are live. What channels are shown is almost inversely proportional to how often I watch said channels. The count of the channels shown in this section is also random. Sometimes 7, sometimes 4, just all over the place.

In order to actually see "Live followed channels", I have to navigate to "Following" > "Live Followed Channels". Not only is this an extra…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When watching any vod on the tvOS app, the video will cut out for a bit, but the audio will keep going. Then the video comes back and speeds up as to “catch up” to the audio. This has been reported on here and I see many people have had the same issue when just doing an internet search.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Re posting this to the TV App bugs.

Multiple users having issues with the app during any sort of playback.

The Twitch Apple TV app does not work on the new tvOS 17.0 OS . When watching a VOD or live stream, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing.

This issue has been reported multiple times not only here but also as feedback, and nothing has been done, and there have been no acknowledgements from the team.

Original Post: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310222-twitch-applications-mobile/suggestions/47267012-tvos-17-0-twitch-app-vod-video-goes-black-after-5

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are a lot of complains for years about the Twitch App on LG WebOS, and I’m also unfortunately experiencing too like many others. Whenever I join a stream and turn on the chat, it disappears after few minutes and instead it’s just a black box on the side of the screen, where the chat should’ve been. Unfortunately this still till this day hasn’t been fixed and it makes it really unenjoyable for us viewers to watch any stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It stutters, won't play 1080p or 60fps, the interface is very slow and laggy. The app used to be very good, what happened. This web-interface-api-nonsense has to stop. It crashes or stops mid-stream, if the stream starts in the first place. On my PS5, at least the picture quality is good (1080 60p), but it is also unstable and stops streams that work on my phone. Make a native app again, like on my phone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hola cómo están mucho gusto mi nombre es Daniel quiero hacer una pequeña sugerencia para Twitch ya que tengo muchos bugs en Android TV en la última actualización de enero del 2023 y una que salió el día de hoy 18 de mayo desearía que corrigieran el error de reproducir en calidad de 1080 ya que se congela la imagen cuando uno desea ver en alta calidad no funciona correctamente solo se escucha el audio y la imagen queda capturada en la pantalla y hay que tocar el control remoto para que siga saltando la imagen o que se pueda…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, there is a BUG with Watch Parties in relation to the "streamer window" that moves above chat while the stream from Amazon is happening on the main part.

Since about April 6th or so, I start my stream ("starting soon") in another category (as one can't as Watch Party - ahem ahem...) and the scene shows perfect. Any scene switch shows fine in any gaming category too.

I then start the watch party and the show/movie themselves stream fine. However, MY scene, which moves above chat just the same as when someone's stream moves there during ads, is just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

To clarify, you posted this under TV Apps; are you only noticing this behavior on the TV App, or is this behavior true for when viewing on web? Please let me know. Thanks.

14. Streams are shown in random order and it's really hard to skim through pages and pages of streams just to find the one that is currently the most viewed. I would like to sort them by view count.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can't see Hebrew Language on Android TV when someone write in chat
    Please fix it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I find the new apple tv app very good, but now when I choose a live stream, the live options do not disappear and it stays in a constant loop, it never disappears. It is very annoying, especially if you only want to watch the stream in full screen.

I hope you can fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for everything!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. While watching certain streamers on my TV app the screen will blink/flash a black screen almost every 2 seconds. I suggest you fix this quick as it will cause seizures. I don’t think you guys would like a lawsuit from me cause you hurt me or a loved one that has issues with situations like this. You’re lucky it hasn’t caused a problem already. Fix it , or I’ll be rich.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the last update to the AndroidTV app in the week before January 29th 2023 there was a change in behavior when you press a button when in fullscreen.

Now the button action gets applied. So to get the UI back I need to press a button. If I press OK it will execute the action the the at that time not visible focus is on which is dangerous as it could be on Unfollow or Back or at least annoying that it does something.

Pressing left or right start scrolling the timeline when watching a VOD. When watching live…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update casting a stream (Chromecast)

Recently, you updated the Twitch Chromecast App with the actual design, improving vods, etc...

But i use the "cast to" with the Twitch mobile app, an it carries me to the old design from the Chromecast App, and without chat (we don't have an option to put the chat in the Casting format).

So please, update the Casting format to the actual Chromecast App Update.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. experiencing severe black flickering on my Google tv app (Philips) since the latest update. Kinda unbearable to watch. Please fix

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?