Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

232 results found

1. Can log into the application on the TV, can see previews of what is happening on the stream, but when I go to watch it it gives me the “Bug - Oh bummer… an error occurred while playing this content” message. It just started happening today. I have not done any new updates, haven’t changed wifi, didn’t disconnect wifi at all when it started happening. I was watching a stream and just went into another one and this pops up no matter what I do.

I have tried shutting off my tv and unplugging it for an extended period. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The current behavior when pressing back during playback is bad. It just closes the content immediately, regardless of whether the player overlay is visible or not.

For usability to prevent accidentally closing the content, during playback the stream/VoD should only be closed when pressing back twice in a row, so:
    - If playback overlay is visible, pressing back once should hide the overlay, pressing back again should close content. This is what the native AppleTV+ app does.
    - If playback overlay is hidden, pressing back once should show the overlay, pressing back again should close content

The current behavior is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. [LG webOS app] I only follow 1 twitch channel (HasanAbi) and when the channel is live, there’s nothing on the homepage about it. Instead it shows “Live Channels We Think You May Like”.

This is poor UX and requires extra clicks to get to the main content people want.

I don’t open twitch app to discover new content. I primarily open it to tune into a subscribed stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Streams aren't smooth and keep flickering when compared for example to transmitting from the phone to the Android TV device. The app is also still buggy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Expected Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels should include....uhhh, all of the channels that I follow that are live.

Actual Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels shows me a random set of the channels that I follow that are live. What channels are shown is almost inversely proportional to how often I watch said channels. The count of the channels shown in this section is also random. Sometimes 7, sometimes 4, just all over the place.

In order to actually see "Live followed channels", I have to navigate to "Following" > "Live Followed Channels". Not only is this an extra…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, through the TV app for LG webOS, recent videos/broadcasts are limited to 12 videos only ("all videos" and "recent broadcasts" tab).
    I would like to know if it is possible to release access to older videos, like in the Android app.
    This way we can watch it on TV, which is much better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enquanto assisto na Twitch alguns streamers que tem um chat bastante movimentado, o aplicativo da Twitch na TV, no meu caso uso a LG TV, acaba travando e nem sequer consigo sair da live. Queria dar uma sugestão sobre isso, para aqueles dispositivos que sofre com esse mesmo problema, poderia adicionar uma opção como "desativar chat" para que possamos assistir sem interrupções por conta do chat movimentado e possamos desfrutar a live sem travamentos, fora esse travamento, acho a Twitch perfeita pra assistir as lives que eu gosto.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When watching any vod on the tvOS app, the video will cut out for a bit, but the audio will keep going. Then the video comes back and speeds up as to “catch up” to the audio. This has been reported on here and I see many people have had the same issue when just doing an internet search.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My idea is to remove the QR code scanning nonsense along with having to use a phone just to type on the amazon fire stick twitch app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. LG WebOS, forcing quality option does not work and it resets back to auto low quality and buffers

Please make it so there's an option that all streams start at max quality is instead of auto

Even after selecting 1080p on a channel, each time you come back you have to reselect the option, which does not even work as it resets to auto

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Screen burn from “Join the conversation” button. Please relocate the button to appear when I use my remote?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Re posting this to the TV App bugs.

Multiple users having issues with the app during any sort of playback.

The Twitch Apple TV app does not work on the new tvOS 17.0 OS . When watching a VOD or live stream, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing.

This issue has been reported multiple times not only here but also as feedback, and nothing has been done, and there have been no acknowledgements from the team.

Original Post: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310222-twitch-applications-mobile/suggestions/47267012-tvos-17-0-twitch-app-vod-video-goes-black-after-5

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It looks like the Twitch app was recently updated on Fire TV, and the text size is now enormous. I can only see three comments at a time most of the time, sometimes a single comment doesn't fit on screen. It's really hard to follow conversations. I thought the text size was about perfect before this update. I have a fire TV stick capable of 4k but don't have a 4k tv. Not sure if that's part of what's going on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Apple TV app does not work on tvOS 17.0 recently released. When watching a VOD, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing. Momentarily pausing playback briefly gets rid of the black screen. The issue will return. Restarting Apple TV, TV, or the app does not fix the issue.

Currently, the Apple TV app’s use is unbearable when it comes with watching VODs.

Please address this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Apple TV app does not work on tvOS 17.0 recently released. When watching a VOD, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing. Momentarily pausing playback briefly gets rid of the black screen. The issue will return. Restarting Apple TV, TV, or the app does not fix the issue.

Currently, the Apple TV app’s use is unbearable when it comes with watching VODs.

Please address this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Apple TV app does not work on tvOS 17.0 recently released. When watching a VOD, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing. Momentarily pausing playback briefly gets rid of the black screen. The issue will return. Restarting Apple TV, TV, or the app does not fix the issue.

Please address this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How much money does this platform need to make to fix all of their bugs on their app and website. I swear twitch has the most annoying little bugs on their platform than any other streaming service. Sound not syncing properly, casting sometimes working sometimes not, random crashes, ect. its not like they're a small indie company, multi-million dollar company with hundreds if not thousands of in house staff raking in crazy profits from sponsors and streamers but cant fix simple quality of life bugs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pretty self-explanatory: I love Command Center for watching sports car racing, being able to see Broadcast and Live Timing. But for whatever reason, I can't do that on my TV...the place where the screen is 65", not 24".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ok, my Smart TV is a colombian local branded TV but it has webOS 5.4. Basically it is a LG SmartTV because of the model but the branding is 100% from Colombia. My TV is a Challenger with model UHD50LWSMARTBT.

In the LG Content Store, I found the Twitch app: https://co.lgappstv.com/main/tvapp/detail?appId=1004947&catCode1=&moreYn=Y&cateYn=N&orderType=4&headerName=Todas&appRankCode=1&sellrUsrNo=&curPage=2

Unfortunately, this app is not available for Colombia because in my TV I am unable to find it. It's amazing I can find in the store the TikTok app but not the Twitch app... So, my suggestion is to enable the Twitch app TV for Colombia or at least…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are a lot of complains for years about the Twitch App on LG WebOS, and I’m also unfortunately experiencing too like many others. Whenever I join a stream and turn on the chat, it disappears after few minutes and instead it’s just a black box on the side of the screen, where the chat should’ve been. Unfortunately this still till this day hasn’t been fixed and it makes it really unenjoyable for us viewers to watch any stream.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?