Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

294 results found

1. It's no brainer that Twitch team should do this, to give us an option to hide camera side on screen when streaming so we can see everything. it's annoying that I couldn't read what's in top right corner, so I would have to pause everything and move the camera around. Xbox Series X don't do this. Please Twitch, add this important feature so that we can remove the camera side but still visible to viewers/followers, just like Xbox Series X can.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  2. The new ps5 update is so weird first of all you say it should be a “viewer-only" experience but the mobile app shows alot more content (vods-playlist etc..) and one of the most important things to view is chat even if you don’t interact with it and only read it still is a big part of being in a vod,Also the past version was so bad design wise and personally i like the new design and appreciate that the player is alot more flexible in skipping and rewinding but if you want to skip to an exact part you will…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  3. There's no reason why Twitch couldn't stream 1080p60fps from Xbox Series X to Twitch. if PS5 can do this, so can Xbox Series X, why couldn't you guys do this?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  4. A recent update to Twitch on Xbox console will no longer allow me to select 1080P resolution setting. It's defaulted on 480 or 720 no matter how many times I select the little gear icon setting it won't let me select ANY resolution setting. This was NEVER an issue a few weeks ago. I watch Twitch almost exclusively on Xbox One, because it's very convenient for me. Can you please fix it?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Revert it back but at least keep the part where we can bring up our console menu without freezing the stream.

On Xbox that helps me be able to fix audio problems without missing the stream, also enjoyed before the update being able to not have to use my phone to type a little message or put an emote for a reaction.
    The controller turning off due to not being used is now a thing too which doesn't make sense after making us have to use our phones so.. make it not turn off like before please!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  7. Not being able to chat on console is an issue. I like the idea of the phone chat option but keep it just that; an option.
    Not being able to tab full screen and chat using Square button is frustrating. Having to search for full screen and chat tab is frustrating.
    Square no longer has an input command.
    New home page seems cluttered and messy compared with previous version.
    In summary, simple is better and being able utilize controller to tab fullscreen and to chat worked just fine in the previous version.

I do thank you for removing the double…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  8. Current app update on xbox requires a user to scan a qr code then use a mobile device in order to type in chat. The ability to type in chat should be native to the Xbox app and not require external devices.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. we need overlays on xbox, its only on pc and we need it on xbox

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stream capture on xbox has always been broken and literally the only way to broadcast most things was through the twitch app, you just moved it over to the most broken side and made twitch broadcasting half useless for xbox users, not a fan of this change. Everyone knows stream capture is broken on xbox. Ugh

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  11. I have a heat intolerance and dry eyes are worse I can’t go on the computer. I would like suggest channels added to the twitch tv app. Please thank you. :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Voltem com a versão anterior por favor, está muito ruim de mexer como usuário essa nova versão, não consigo ver chat nos VODS, e não consigo ver VODS mais antigos de lives.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. Not sure if the PS4 Version was updated or not but I will assume that it was.

The update basically made the app terrible; no more "Continue Watching", streamers "All Videos" have about 10-12 with no way of looking at all past streams, App no longer remembers the last quality setting you used it always defaults to auto, can't press square to open chat anymore, home screen is a cluttered mess, switching tabs to following or any other feels laggy and looks choppy.

What happened? The app looks and feels like a ****** smart tv app, please consider rolling back…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  14. try to stream on xbox wont work [ might just be me ]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  15. The new update on PS5 makes you scan a QR code and forces you to chat thru your phone. Why this was implemented is beyond me. If we wanted to use our phones we would. What if a user doesn't have a phone? The update literally makes watching on PS5 pointless if you like to chat.

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. So, straight to the point: I have 250Mbps of upload on PC (cable) and 120 (wifi) on Xbox. I have tried many times to stream Elden Ring and GTA V, but the performance of my stream is horrible. Pixels everywhere, this didn't happened when i had to use the Twitch app to stream. I watched some clips that my viewers sent me: My voice disappears sometimes, and sometimes the image gets all pixelated + my mic gets muted.

I have no ideia why this keeps happening, and yes i tried every single possible fix, but it seems like this is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If i continue connection per contract why could i not use a research console? My PC is Still My PC i use Consoles for Gaming, but of age individuals would probably prefer a "Superb" Slimline Gameing PC everyone should understand custom and vintage by nowish,... lol..........i mean we all remember dial up right now look at us,...But so necessary for our new building of infrastructure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Since of the new twitch update on console changing the bitrate option before going live. You had the ability to automatic check bitrate prior to streaming please bring that back. There is no longer a option and everytime I stream the lag is horrible and the picture blends together etc. Also messes with the audio. So please bring that option back to xbox 1 consoles under the share and caption go live section. Where u write the name for stream and choose bitrate option put the automatic there so we can check it then pick the right option for bitrate.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the app back to how it was, as the most recent update has ruined the app VOD now no longer has chat visible. The continue watching section is gone and the app can no longer be controlled via remote and must be controlled with a controller. The whole app is much slower to use and feels like it is struggling. Please revert it to how it was as although the last version was not perfect, it worked considerably better than this one.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Just Like Epic Game Launchers and Online Service. They are ran by Unreal Engines. I agree with Full Sail University being a Student with them is a True Dream come true! Lets go Meta

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?