Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

294 results found

1. Bonehead move, Twitch.

No one wants to hold their phone and stare down at chat when they are trying to watch a stream on their TV.

Spend 5 seconds thinking about that. Where are your eyes? On the stream, or down at chat?

Here's a great idea: Remove chat from PC app and web browser.

EVERYONE PULL OUT YOUR PHONE SO YOU CAN CHAT.

Who wants to use a keyboard? Ewww. Or view chat while they are watching stream? ewwww...

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  2. About 4 hours ago(20th Nov 2023) the twitch app on the PS4 received an update. To say it is a backwards step in development is an understatement. the UI is offensive on the eyes (e.g. channels on the main screen have a glaring white box when they are highlighted, the menu button are from the 90s, to name a couple), things are no longer sorted into a logical order, and the best one, you are no longer able to type in chat without scanning a QR code on a separate device and utilising that to interact in chat.
    For a…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. VODs go to a grey screen after about 3-5 mins of playtime. Please fix!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  4. It's a fools errand to continue down the UI path in which you're going, I mean the entire thing just simply does not work to even a very basic degree from a UI standpoint, buttons don't highlight, everything is like a slug, 85% of twitch features are completely unavailable or inaccessible. Want to full screen? Change resolution? Tough, you can't access the buttons because the UI doesn't show you what is actually being selected.

It's not acceptable. It's objectively a massive regression from what existed for the better part of a DECADE. The only thing this update has accomplished over…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My friends are all on different platforms, so they can’t join an Xbox party. Any of my viewers can’t hear them and it’s really disappointing. Please fix!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  6. I think the Nintendo switch twitch app should allow you to buy bits and subs and the ability to gift subs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The year is 2023 and we still don't have closed captioning on the PS4 app. This is a failure of accessibility and needs to be rectified ASAP.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think twitch on xbox needs updating...
    I got a xbox series x. Prior i had a xbox one and a one s. I use to stream off both of those no issues. However when im streaming off of my xbox series x an hour with in to streaming or just at random times there is a horrable white static noise that will not go away unless you pause the stream and un pause the stream. I have done every troubleshooting step under the and even sent my equipment to be checked out by Microsoft. All of it came back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  10. Capture in-game voice chat for xbox twitch app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  11. Be able to live streaming on Twitch and chat on Twitch app on Nintendo Switch consoles when using the app on Nintendo Switch.

Like you can do on other consoles Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 consoles.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. So essentially just allow the Twitch app to broadcast Microsoft Edge to allow further expansion on Xbox streaming. Creators can use this to play GeForce Now games along with do commentary on videos, etc. etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  13. The twitch app for switch has some issues - after a channel plays adds it will force you to leave the channel and return- sometimes more than once to resume stream. Please resolve.

Also something to help buffer would be nice as well as pause buffer doesnt work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Switch  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be great to go full screen camera so we can have just chatting sessions with our communities, at least since we can’t react to other content like Youtube, console streaming could be easier for everyone

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i suddenly cannot see the comments on playstation and the delay on my stream manager on ios is really delayed. it says that i have comments disabled but i never disabled them and i dunno how to fix it or rather enable it

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  16. i can`t watch my stream to control settings or lags i get this channel is not playable on this device at this time

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Switch  ·  Admin →
  17. I dont know if this is a bug or what but the chat panel does not hide with any button press.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ich würde mir wünschen, dass man meine Mitspieler die auf anderen Plattformen spielen ebenfalls im Stream hören kann. Spiele auf der Xbox und streame auf Twitch. Man hört leider nur mich und das ist im stream dann irgendwie langweilig.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For people that play on Xbox, their streams look a bit plain so it would be nice if we could have some overlays like chat, webcam, and ALERTS!! Just a way to level up Xbox users' streams so we can grow easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Compared to Playstation, Xbox is a basic app. See number of viewers doesn’t even keep up with the stream live on my phone. I have to keep my phone open on Xbox to see the chat. Playstation allows Twitch chat to show up briefly on screen. Please give Xbox some love by working with Xbox. I have games on both systems. I love streaming for my friends but AVOID Xbox for this know bug. I’ve reset my Xbox to factory and still doesn’t fix it. Never had this issue before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?