Discovery: Browsing and Searching

1. Regarding the new layout

This is the second time you have notably changed the layout in recent months, the first time made additional clicks to find the top channels. A lot of people browse by most popular channel, and this used to be a one click on the sidebar thing, I am aware its only an additional click or two, but it's more hidden now and not intuitive as to where this is.

It feels like you are dumbing down the interface for easier access for NEW users, rather than making it more streamlined and accessible for all... and alienating the existing and loyal…

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. its fucking shit revert the changes

It's awful can you revert the changes? Not having a list of streamers I follow on the sidebar sucks. Please go back

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Night mode

For times at night (Or day) where you dont want a a bright white screen hurting your eyes when you open the site. You can hit at button where the white turns into a dark color like Twitters night mode. (This wouldn't affect Theater mode)

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Worse than it was

I got my twitch UI updated today, and i tried to like get used to it but its' just so bad. My left bar wtih followed channels is not big enough to see all the info about the channel, and live/playlist/offline channels are just mixed in a weird way. Also when i do watch the stream i got annoying black bars on the sides of the stream, i can fix it only by going theater mode which I dont like.
    Please fix all this or at least give us option to stay with the old UI which I was really…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New Layout

I LOVE the new layout! Everything is so streamlined, positioned well and is it just me or does it respond quicker now?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A little more explanation how to get it Like a link so dont

so you directly see how to get it (Pulse for exempel)
    Like a link so dont

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. honestlu

Honestly just fire anybody who thinks there should be a new layout for twitch. Its not needed, nobody wants it, nobody has asked for it. You're only going to ruin things further with your forced "friends" and pseudo social media feed. Nobody wants this.

You dont have to be busy "developing" twitch every day. Cut down on your staff if this is the garbage youre paying them to work on.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New layout is awkward, why shift the old layout to the right?

The screen is way to busy for me, if I can't opt out move the new clip feed to the right side. It is awkward having video to the right.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Duplicates. Why?

Why do we need a separate search bar for friends. Does anyone ever search for friends in there? Why can't I use the normal search instead? On the top purple bar we have "Following" which is basically what you already have on the left right on the page, "Browse" which you are on by default, "Mobile" which is pointless being in the same section and just needs a small button in a corner and "Prime" which is literally above a banner that already tells you to try Twitch Prime. It just seems like such a waste of space and just…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Refresh button for the followed channels sidebar

Add a refresh button to the followed channels sidebar so that a user can refresh their followed channels without refreshing their browser page.

This way you can keep up to date on followed channels without having to interrupt watching a channel.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New look is great

Twitch the new look is great,the navigation is more easy and everything's more friendly on the eye,congrats from me,my only complain is the follow section but other than that it's lovely p.s i really hope you added chat on ps3 or will in the future
    Thanks in regards Vos

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to toggle "Because of your viewing history" clips in Pulse.

I like how Pulse can be used in place of Twitter and is used as a sort of News feed for channels. However, my experienced is tarnished by the ratio of random clips to actual posts (5+ clips for every 1 post on the feed.) When I say random clips, they are clips with a few views from channels I follow BUT sometimes they are clips that contain nothing momentous (some viewer probably just pressed the clip button accidentally or out of curiosity?) I feel like if the clip was momentous enough that the streamer would post it themselves on…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove pulse from description area.

When I go to a new channel I want to learn more about them. Seeing their tweets and vods and stuff does not help me do that.

The normally long, comprehensive, and well written channel description, on the other hand, is normally very helpful for this.

Guess what's been shrunk and shoved to the side of the screen making it almost impossible to read and really REALLY inconvenient because I have to scroll down for ages to see all of it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The look is not great

It looks as though it is an early html project or some kid's final in their first html coding class. The font color clashes with the purple in the purple bar. On the side, the font is all the same size and color thus making it hard to differentiate. It's just an eye stain for people with vision problems.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch Streams Not loading on Maxthon Browser , PLEASE Fix

Im using Maxthon browser...and from times to times , videos/streams just stop playing and wont load at all... and i dont really know what changed but from Sunday i cant watch anything, its buffering and nothing happens FeelsBadMan

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Following > Channels should show all channels that we followe, not just the live ones

It's kinda weird that when I go to "Following" and click on "Channels" I actually don't get what it says I would get - channels that I follow. All of them, not just the live ones. There is no way for me to see the offline channels I follow. The bar on the left is very inconvenient to use, since I have to unfold it and load more. And now even that doesn't work, since it loads only 20 channels for me.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discovery: Browsing and Searching

Feedback and Knowledge Base