Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Satanism both theistic and non-theistic is a growing and expanding religion and set of beliefs. There are numerous streamers out there who are members of the many different sects, including myself, and we would love to see this added as another tag to help represent us better.

With the addition of other religious groups such as Christianity, Atheism, and Paganism, it would be nice to be included.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Our community would like to see the Multiple Sclerosis tag as an option for them to use.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. With more people staying at home learning, and even for myself as I start school in August, I thought it would be kind of nice to have a category like "study buddies" where you could watch people study.

I think it would be great for streamers who want to talk out their subjects to an audience/see if their ideas make sense, or help them remember things.

This also gives the viewers ways to possibly improve their studying techniques and in turn learn more about the subject.

Or, if the person likes a quiet environment a viewer could be there just…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When browsing channels by game, make the top 3 or 5 channels listed random channels to help promote people who get less viewers.

As it is now, people searching by game will notice more popular streamers right away and may never look beyond them. By adding a random spotlight at the top, it may drive more people to smaller channels instead of big channels pulling in even more viewers.

Maybe change the spotlighted channels every 30 or 60 minutes, and add a special background behind them to stand out.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I find so many recommended channels in languages I do not speak nor understand. It would be literally better than sliced bread to be able to eliminate all recommendations by tags. No Russian. No French. No Spanish. I'm not going to watch these channels anyway, regardless of the game they're playing.

Please eventually work in a way to eliminate recommendations by tags.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add a category for Flesh and Blood. It has a growing community. And it would be awesome if it has it's own category, like magic the gathering etc.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am an addict in recovery and I’m transparent about this on my channel. As my channel grows each day I have the honor of learning more and more there are people in recovery, or wanting to be in recovery, who are coming to the channel to seek the safe space of this understanding.

As an addict it’s important to surround yourself with a community of people that will be healthy for you and it’s also important to see that recovery is very possible. I believe adding a recovery tag of some sort will help addicts find these safe spaces.…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. November is Native American/Alaska Native Heritage month do you have any plans to highlight this or feature Native Streamers?

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It is time to unify NFT games within the same category.

In this way, the streamer would be given the opportunity to play and analyze different NFT games in the same streaming, not having to be in the category of a single game.

Also the category closest to this, "Crypto", does not specifically represent this type of content.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ace Spec folks deserve representation too!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adding thumbnails to streams would be a great way for many viewers to come across streams that might be of interest to them!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There are a lot of us who are from healthcare background stream games to have some chill, relaxing time away from work. Some study stream with chill vibes to create an environment where we give each other company.

We aspire to include everyone who is related to healthcare such as medical students, nurses, public health personnel, doctors, psychologists, physician assistants, physiotherapists, dietician, medical/paramedic technicians and so on.

We need this tag so viewers can find us easily without having the hassle to search or get disappointed for not able to find one of us.

Please add this tag so we…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement a filter that would be present no matter what section of the site you are on allowing you to filter based on a primary language.

1) Force a streamer to select a single primary language
    2) Allow streamer to select multiple secondary languages
    3) Implement a filter that would be at the top of any search/game/category listing...

The filter should have two features.
    - Allow user to filter based on primary language ONLY
    - Allow user to sub-filter based on secondary languages optionally

This accomplishes two goals.

1) Allow the viewer to filter down to streamers that for the…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a Bigender tag.

Please add a Bigender tag for individuals who consider themselves to be Bigender. This will help keep twitch inclusive and keep users educated.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In Music and Live Performance you cannot add a tag with your specific musical instrument, nor can you search the Music and Live Performance area for a specific instrument that you’re interested in seeing performed. I’d love to see Twitch add tags for instruments like drum set, guitar, piano, violin, etc. This will help viewers narrow their searches as well as allow streamers to more easily find others playing the same instrument.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. it takes up to much room and looks ugly and the only ones it shows is people i FOLLOW already. i dont care about recommend channels i watch who i like give me an option to disable it!

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Channel List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Implement a new search system with predefined and/or user defined tags like #lol #csgo #kappa #girlgamer #familyfriendly #twitch etc. It would be nice for a channel to have a handful of tags to identify itself.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Myself and I know of a good handful of other people streaming want to be able to set a category for Gundam Model building or Gunpla for short. The best we can do is set just chatting and scale model as a tag. We feel for the Gundam community that Gunpla as a category or tag would greatly benefit us and twitch

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When looking for people to raid, it's hard to tell who uses exclusive chats like Sub-only or Follower-only. I think this could easily be fixed by adding a little icon or label that marks ALL streams that are follower-only, sub-only, or open to everyone when browsing for streams.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Music & Performing Arts category is oversaturated with music radio channels. Scrolling through to find live musicians and DJs is too much of a chore. 'Sort by: Viewers (Low to High)' is almost completely useless because the bottom of the list is full of music radio streams with 0 viewers.

At the very least, this is making the Music & Performing Arts category look very unclean. I also think this change is especially needed now that searching by tags through the main search bar is no longer a thing.

(9/8/2019)

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?