Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

967 results found

1. In chrome the embedded chat iframe simply displays 'failed to load module'.
    It works perfectly in Edge and Firefox.
    If I open the iframe src ('https://www.twitch.tv/embed/<channel>/chat) directly into a chrome tab - that works. It is only within the iframe that it fails to load.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the past you would see whispers in chat. Then twitch just removed it because Twitch is Twitch and doesn't care. Instead of removing useful features, just give the streamers the option to enable or disable it. It was the most useful thing for me. Bring it back!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add a way to see in a list or 2 lists to show who are subs and who are not so that you can see if you want to give subs to the community how many to give, so that you don't give more than can become subs,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So as a mainly RP watcher. You can quickly see people who jump from stream to stream and be so toxic to the streamers. Not only does this affect the streamers but ultimately everyone. My idea is this

• Have a streamers eyes only chat mode

Right now we have subs only and bans etc. But it doesn't really help people will go on and on about it and fuel it. If only the streamer could see it it would eliminate chat to chat Arguments. And be less toxic. Just a idea but I think it would work wonders. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can you please add a feature to quickly mention a user in chat?
    For now the only option is to type out "@" and their nickname which is
    1) slow;
    2) inconvenient when chatting in another keyboard layout as you need to switch it twice just to mention someone.
    It seems like an obvious feature and adding it would improve chatting experience a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is quite annoying to type in chat, and find out that you have used a restricted word in this streamers chat. It would be useful if the the restricted word would show or be marked red instantly(before entering). This makes it possible to rephrase the sentence to allow it being posted in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide an API hook to extension developers which notifies on each received message before it is going to be distributed to the users.

Bots can only delete already delivered chat messages afterwards. Clients can intercept the deletion. Furthermore it is not possible to write own chat commands for now.

With a hook, if a user types '/do something', extension developers were able to prevent the delivery of the message and perform some action instead.

Beyond that I would like to see API calls to send chat notifications to specific users - just like 'your message has not been sent yet.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. see the live vote on polls

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One of my favourite streamers has recently grown to a point where it's hard to get a handle on chat. He plays with other streamers, and the chat has grown so hostile that it's discouraging streamers returning, and discouraging me (and presumably others) from participating.

I feel for the moderators. The chat moves so fast that it's nearly impossible for them to do their jobs.

It should be possible for us normal users to help out. Let us report messages to the moderators. Give them a separate tab from chat, that just singles out the reported messages to let them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow streamers to set the number of comments that are allowed to be posted in their chat channel per minute, implemented through a simple comment queue system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it would be cool to see a badge or something for accounts that were originally from justin.tv. My account is almost 9 years old and I’ve been a long time lerker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch chat in popular channels is more about reactions than it is about actual chat. Unfortunately - as fun as chat spam can be - it makes moderation difficult and completely destroys any semblance of discussion that the streamer or chatters may want to have. r9k mode was an answer but, unfortunately, breaks down the way certain chat bots work and ruins, rather than facilitates, certain forms of chat that streamers may want.

I propose that streamers be given the option to enable a customizable "popular messages" feature for their chat. Such a feature would catch any message spam and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow 2 different user name font colors - one for dark theme background and another for light theme background which switches back and forth automatically.
    Some colors look great in one version but are literally unreadable in the other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now when you turn chat on or off, that setting is applied to every channel. However, most users wind up wanting chat turned on for some channels and off for others, and those preferences are fairly consistent. So keeping an on/off state per channel would avoid having to manually switch chat on or off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recently i started to watch more twitch VODs while doing other stuff and there is one thing that i thought will help other users like me.
    If you use one screen and watch streams, you can set your browser with a stream to just half of your screen, but then your player is really small if you count chat on the side. http://i.imgur.com/ZLGUp1w.png
    I was making it work by using chat in popout and setting in under the stream on one side of the monitor like this http://i.imgur.com/isjtjQ5.png It was the best i could do when watching live.
    Unfortunately it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In stream option it would be a list element with options to add new items to this list.

List name : Slow Chat Based On Viewers [+]

Would allow the option for larger streams to increase the duration of slow chat based on a threshold of viewers. The more people that join the longer the slow chat duration. This would assist with automatic chat control, and allow streamers the peace of mind that when they stream later and viewer count goes down that the restrictions placed on chat would automatically get lifted. Option to add threshold would also be ideal.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When the streamer chooses the "Restrict Chat Language" option, you see a popup on the chat and can't send messages until you click on it. Once you do and the popup disappears, there is no way to check if the chat is in language restricted mode. I visit many channels and it would be very hard to remember which ones had the language restriction and which didn't, and I don't want to seem annoying to the streamer or other chatters. Also I've noticed that you get no notice about it as moderator of the channel either, so if streamer forgets…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So, with the brief time I have spent watching some YouTube streamers there is something I noticed that I really enjoyed. Which was the ability to have a Sponsor and Non-Sponsor chat (Sponsor being YouTube's equivalent to Twitch Subscribers).

The reason I think Twitch would benefit from this would be mainly for larger streamers to be able to define some subscriber questions from the mess of thousands of non-subscribers either spamming or just saying general nonsense without having to take away non-subscribers from chatting/spamming/having fun.

Just a small idea that I think wouldn't hurt Twitch at all to allow streamers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I propose a mass user chat filter/ignore feature where you are able to set certain mass filters to finally rid the spam/trolls/racists etc from chat.

Examples:

1) A user could set their chat to ignore all users under a certain age (say 18 for example) -- this will reduce the immature chat

2) Ignore chat from all subs from JohnDoe's stream (some streams are spam heavy which bleeds into other channels)

3) Ignore all users who use certain words (allows user to add custom or pre-selected filters for users who use abusive/hateful language)

This feature will hopefully allow a positive…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?