Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

975 results found

1. On a web browser, there is no way to view chat in fullscreen, which is insane and decreases user interaction immensely. Even just overlaying some chat on the right, even read only, would make viewing experience much better. Do twitch developers not use their own product?? I have to install a chrome extension to do this, just to watch my favourite streamer!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On Discord, it has the method that if I post something from https://hammertime.cyou/en in a format such as <t:1675032360:F>

It would display for all users as text for the marked time, but it looks up the computers local time, and displays it customized for them.

It would be nice to have this function in Twitch Chat as well, so you could have a timer that said "this event ends at <date and time>" or "I will be live again at <date and time>" and it would auto-configure the resulting timestamp into the viewers local time format.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add a way to have an option instead of all time have year option for people to choose when it comes to displaying showing off the cheers/gift subs peoples who supported you that year. so yearly would be jan-dec maybe type of deal. Id really like to know who supported me that year or by rewarding them by being able to display the top 10 gifted subs and cheers of 2023 as this example idea of mine I have, instead of monthly to all time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When people are gifting large numbers of subs to a streamer (especially when multiple viewers do so back to back), the notifications break the flow of any conversations happening, which effectively makes chat temporarily unusable.

I don't want to not have a notification for this, because I do appreciate people who gift to my favourite streamers and want their generosity to be recognised, but it would be nice if the notifications could be delivered in a way that doesn't spam the chat. To that end, I'd like to suggest that when multiple subs are being gifted in one go, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. my brilliant idea is to show chatters total unique viewers and total followers upon clicking their name in chat. Who could have decided this should go away ? There is only net positive to it. It's a sense of achievement for those that have ever tried and plan on trying to grow on the platform, and a permanent set of stats that makes ea person unique. Its discoverability, its reward, its unique, noone wanted the feature gone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The current limit for a /timeout is set to 2 weeks, it would be nice if this could be increased to a 3 week or month limit, this allows you to truly filter out some people while still easily giving them a chance to re-appear but not needing to straight up ban and adding a mod-comment to the userprofile. Not to mention bans tend to be forgotten if the user doesn't send in an unban-request.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, It would be nice to add a rank next to the nickname related to the time the account was created, for example a special rank distinguishing people whose account is more than 5 years old, 10+ etc etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Highlighting have been good but the only thing I find missing is the ability to highlight new accounts, of say less then a week old. As mod it can use this to determine a bot / troll, if a said account is new and how they are perceived in chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Brief description

I just tried to /shoutout a streamer with a Korean display name. I used "/shoutout juliday97" in the chat window, and viewers got an unusable link, both for going to the channel and for following.

How to reproduce

Use /shoutout with any streamer whose display name is just a different capitalization of their user name.

Expected behavior

I would have expected working links. :P

~~

From a mispost in the developer issue tracker https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/683

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disregarding 3rd party apps, Twitch chat has 4 color contrasts regarding nicks and background: light/dark mode and can have readable colors enabled/disabled in each. It would be nice for the user to be able to customize the nickname for each one of them, obviously that in the "readable colors" there would be a limitation with colors within a range or predefined.
    For example, yellow nicks are beautiful in Dark Mode and the contrast is nice, but in light mode they are horrible to read and in "readable colors" mode they are very ugly in color. White and black nicks are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some streamers, including partners, have some rules for the chat which is just ridiculous.

Rules like "Don't be a ****" is disrespectful to the community, since it allows moderators to moderate whatever they want, and then target, harass and further disrespect members for no actual reason. Any rule that mentions "****" or "moron" should be removed.

I'm not being a "*******" I'm chatting with other people. And I reject any idea that this is acceptable in how anyone would treat their own fan base and the community.

Admin audit: Removed specific mentions of people

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An option to be able to remove the text highlight when people @ mention your channel in your chat as it can be distracting for the streamer. If this is already available can someone please tell me how to do it, as I haven't been able to find the option anywhere

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm integrating EventSub in my bot, and noticed that it has an event for redemptions just like PubSub, so I'm basically replacing PubSub with EventSub as it is so much more capable.

One problem so far is that the data coming in from EventSub: channel.channelpointscustomrewardredemption.add does not contain the old property: redemptionsredeemedcurrent_stream, or any substitute for it.

Is this planned? I use it for one my my rewards, so I have an interest in it being added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If a hype train is going or the streamer runs a poll, there is a notification window on top of the chat, which blocks some of the chat.

I'd appreciate an option to dismiss this notification pop up (x).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Win10 / Brave (Chromium)
    Steps to reproduce: Have your cursor / focus in the chat input box. Now move your mouse pointer to hover over one of your followed or recommended streams on the left. Watch how the chat input loses focus and gets it back after you move your mouse back. Type. Tadaa: Backwards chat input.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So i always try to find clips in certain live streams after they end and alot of the times they are 12H live streams so its borderline impossible at the moment to find a 15S clip. The feature I would love to see is chat search where essentially you can search through all the messages in the stream vod and its really easy even for the streamer or editor to find the moment they were looking for exactly especially if they remember a specific message from a specific user then they could type that in pn some sort of promp…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I cannot find an option to switch off going with raid to another streamers channel. Why should I go there against my will?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We are experimenting with a new feature that allows new viewers in a channel to introduce themselves via a simple prompt. Messages sent through this feature will be highlighted to the rest of Chat with an invitation to welcome the user via chat reply or @mention. This feature is in a limited release, and we will monitor feedback before deciding whether to make it more widely available.

Channels are enrolled in the experiment automatically and randomly, and creators can toggle the feature on and off in their Moderation settings under Chat Options: https://dashboard.twitch.tv/settings/moderation

We'd love to hear your thoughts and…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I was recently chatting with some other streamers and we agreed that this would be great.

When streaming, the streamer will often have the Chat popped out in their browser. But there's no way to know if a new Whisper came in. There's no way, through Twitch, to find out if someone is trying to reach you privately. And in a busy Chat, even if they try to reach you publicly, you can miss it.

It would be great if the little Whispers icon were at the top or bottom of the popped out chat, and if it could have…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An option for a viewer to toggle the on-screen-chat on or off.
    If you like it then you can enable it on every stream.
    If you don't like it then you can disable it on every stream.

Right now I see that it is very devided and it completely depends on the streamer. I personally think it would be better if the viewer could decide what they prefer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?