Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

83 results found

1. Hello, I have been a Twitch user for the past 5ish years. I am genuinely curious how some streamers are allowed to go AFK just about every single day for hours on end and just farm their chat. I didn't come to specifically report any single person but Amouranth is the most popular person I know getting away with this. She starts streaming then eventually makes up an excuse to get off camera and doesn't return for literal hours. Doing this she still brings in easily over 6,000 viewers each time. I am genuinely curious how people like her are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. can we please get less wait time on waiting for verification on twitch for our emotes.. 2 weeks is absolutely brutal. I have to wait the week usually it takes to make them, and then another 2 weeks to post to my channel, the wait time is brutal and would love to see an improvement made to the wait time if that's at all possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Chciałbym poprosić by multikonta zniknęły z twitcha osoby bo panach przychodzą i np wyzywają innych i co chwika robią nowe konta

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I subscribe to a few people and i am wondering why their emotes keep getting removed. the emotes i am talking about are "dumper" emotes they are usually cartoon characters dancing/twerking. that may seem like its a given why they are removed but a funny dancing emote of a stuffed animal character shouldn't be removed while you can see more graphic things of humans on the front page of the pools and hot tub category. is there any specific reason why they are removed but the other stuff is allowed?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, I have felt like there are a few things that have been concerning for small streamers in regards to some of the ways their account/channels in particular have been handled. Being aware that putting out content on the internet brings a platform for all types of eyes which in turn puts creators at a risk for various sorts of individuals who come in and out of their streams who may have ill intentions. There have been a few instances where creators feel they were singled out. Harassment being an example I personally feel should be something that, if possible,…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So I am moderating for an affiliate friend of mine and we've observed eight (8) cases where bots pop in chat and post this same message: "buy followers, primes and viewers on mystrm .store". We've blocked the "link" as well as the script and now I'm reaching out to see if you guys can do something about it. We got one banned while the rest went inactive. As well as finding the site they refer to, which is the second link when you google it, the other is something else. The site seems to originate from russia by the russian…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My payment has been stopped you accuse me of fraud i have proof and i still get the same answers I want someone to help I want someone real to help and not a robot accuse with evidence, not assumptions

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I dont understand why do you ban people who did not break terms of service? I can see girls streaming pools , hot tubs and beaches every day and its okay on twitch so why do you ban affiliate streamers who want to do the same? you literally destroy someone´s career just because of people who send fake reports and then streamer gets ban and has to wait for long time . i think this is not okay. why dont u ban someone when you know that they broke terms of service? this is not fair at all .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are mods who do abuse their power and selfishly ruin a viewers engagement with the streamer. These specific mods do not attempt to professionally deescalate the negative energy between themselves and the viewer as a solid warning and attempt to improve the understanding between them. While the mod can just hide behind banning viewers without resolving the said argument, viewers are left in the dark which is unfair and quite selfish. These mods generally ruin the outline and view of the streamer. These mods take advantage of being unprofessional behind curtains. and the streamer will never know why the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The current system for banning people who are underage is really really bad, it just takes you to type something like "im 12" or "im 12th" and you get insta banned in 2-3 minutes by a bot right after someone reports you, no staff checks it if its true or false. Maybe add a age verification system or something to prevent false bans. I appealed mine, sent proof of age and it took 1month to reject my appeal (I guess 19 is underage now). Nice job twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There's streamers currently suffering from attacks from accounts impersonating them. The usernames these attackers have contains words like "Prostidute", "Perverted", "Suicide", "Naked", and more explicit terms next to the Streamers' names. These streamers have had no chance to get support from Twitch.

Saying "ignore them" or "report them" does NOT work, because the accounts keep appearing with new, more outrageous, names. Streamers report more than 50 accounts appearing. This type of harrassment can get someone killed, there needs to be serious punishment to the IP owner.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This suggestion is based on PositiveIona's idea at https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/44529945-sans-serif-fonts

However, the suggestion to use serif-fonts to resolve the lower case 'l' vs upper case 'I' problem (to clarify the first one is an 'L' and the second one is an 'i') will make the platform less accessible for certain people, ESPECIALLY those with dyslexia. So you'd just be replacing one problem with an entirely new one.

I'd like to propose that, instead of adding serifs, we should find a font that distinguishes the letters more clearly whilst still being sans-serif.
    Some examples include: Verdana, Tahoma, Trebuchet, or Open-Dyslexic; though I'm…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would like clarification regarding suspension evasion policy specifically: "In addition, it is prohibited to use your channel to knowingly feature or advertise a suspended user."

IRT Political Twitch content there are accounts showcasing the YouTube content of banned streamers but are saying they're making "transformative content" out of it so it's essentially not violating that rule. That'd be fine but I can't find that loop hole in the policy anywhere, and I'd like to do this myself for "push back/debunk" segments on my own streams. Clarification would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have found a username that appears to be available but is blocked within your system due to an error.

The error shown is: "This user name may be offensive and is not allowed."

I have attempted to report this several times since October and have been met with the same policies regarding recycling and name changes when it does not apply to this situation.

If there is one name that is incorrectly being caught in your filter I'd assume other users may have this problem as well. If a username IS available and IS appropriate for use then I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there, 

What username are you trying to use that is getting caught? I can reach out to our team to troubleshoot what's going on with this. 

16. Give streamers the option to have a safe list for having streams embedded on outside sites and give streamers the option to disable sites from embedding them.

This could prevent people from making malicious sites to embed them without the streamers knowledge

this would also help reduce the amount of people broadcasting illegal content and hosting it on illegal sites

you could also then give streamers the option to unlock embedding as a feature after a streamers account is within good standing. (ie. when emotes are edible for instant approval or when a streamer reaches affiliate)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It has come to my attention a few days ago that there are many children in the asmr category. Many of them are "showing themselves". I would like someone from twitch staff to be far more active in this category to hopefully put as much as a stop as humanly possible. I am aware that it will always be an issue, but I would hope with a more active staff presence there that it may help immensely.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PubSub official documentation only list very few of the topics actually available.
    It makes it "officially" not so useful compared to what it can actually do.

Basically it could replace EventSub for most of the cases, and, being far easier to implement would open possibilities for many tools without inducing huge potential server costs.

Is there any plan to document all these topics someday ? Will it remain "unofficial" ?

Have a good day :)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Protect viewers from being harassed after leaving a community.

There have been quite a few times, one I know of personally, where a streamer has asked their community to spy on a former community member and screenshot any conversation mentioning the streamer so the streamer could "control" the situation. The streamer then sent their community members into streams the former community member was a part of to spy on them and report back anything said. This is possibly still happening and the person who was being followed has appealed to Twitch, reporting the person involved, multiple times only for nothing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch's default font does not use serifs. Serifs are important for distinguishing I's from l's. For instance, if you can easiIy teIl which of the lowercase L's are or are not repIaced with uppercase i's in this sentence, you're almost definitely using a screen reader. Yes, there is a difference between them, but you wouldn't be able to tell me which is which.

This is a big issue in any online form of communication, for the following reasons:

1: Security. People can post a link that has an L replaced with an i, or sometimes vice versa, without it being…

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?