Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just as it says in the title, I think creators would love to have the option to take away Tier 2 and 3 subs to add two more emotes to Tier 1 subs. In my case, I’ve maybe had someone tier 2/3 to me 2-3 times each over the course of my 3 years of being an Affiliate. It’s only usually just once out of the blue, never continuous.

For my stream, I would rather add two more emotes to my first tier, totaling it to a maximum of 7 instead of 5 (for Affiliates) than have a tier 2…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Currently, Twitch gives all their partners and affiliates a Tier 3 sub to their own channel to use their own emotes. Yet the bit emotes are locked behind us cheering to our own channel. Why not let us use our own bit emotes, because then we can promote them better and potentially get more bits (which gives Twitch more money as people buy the bits to use the emotes).

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Je sais pas trop comment fonctionne la création d'emotes twitch.

De ce que j'ai pu comprendre il faut être affilié à twitch pour y avoir accès
    Et qu'ils sont contrôlés pour éviter des emotes ayant certains caractères.

Je sais que ce n'est pas le but d'un emote et personnellement je vois pas qui pourrait faire ça (ce n'est que mon avis)
    Mais pour moi, pour qu'une chaîne ce demarque plus qu'une autre il est important qu'elle ait sa propre identitée et que cela passe par son contenu, les activités proposées, l'accueil etc.. et bien évidemment l'apparence de la chaîne une…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I think this is a much cleaner system as twitch grows in to the future and there are more and more partners and affiliates. Right now ppl are taking other ppl's rightful prefixes. This also makes name changing safer prefix wise

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I blocked a user that I don't want to see any trace of, though their emotes are viewable on other streaming channels when someone uses them. Their emotes are a reminder of what they did to me and I just want to move on.

please help. :(

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When hovering over an emote in chat I would love to see listed information for the artist it was created by and their social media/ contact info.
    For that info to be easily clicked on to open new tabs to their Twitch channel and to their art social media/ contact info.

Also showing the emote at the largest size to see the emote's art more clearly, the emote's name, and the streamer's channel that it is uploaded to with that being clickable opening a new tab there.

I feel that emotes are a large part of Twitch and it's difficult…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have someone available to explain why emotes are rejected or taken down because the given reasons don’t make sense when the emote doesn’t reflect the reason.

I have had the same emote either rejected or taken down on different occasions due to nudity or sexualized content. When I try to see if someone can talk to me about what needs to be changed I get the run around.

If Twitch is going to take down one type/subtype, take ALL of them down, not just the POC ones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an option for creators to have suffix's for emotes instead of prefixes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like the ability for a channel to have an emote tied to the months subscribed.

There should be two options to go with the implementation, the ability to allow non-current subscribers to still use the emote and the ability to set the same emote for all subscriber month goals or a different one.

This helps reward people who subscribe to a channel for extended periods with more than just a sub badge. Creators could have a wildly different emote at each month, or choose to have an emote that evolves as their subscribers reach typical month goal.

In…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. With all the events going on like Pride Emotes and now HyperScape Emotes it would be nice to trade emotes with each other? would be cool if this was allowed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 8,156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1084 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the automod censors the BrokeBack emote which seems ironic to me since it is an emote of the platform itself

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How about "legacy" emote slots?

If you have subbed for a year = you get an extra emote, 2years = a second emote etc.

You unlock them by either having a streak of 1 year/ 2 years etc (and then the user can keep using them even if they aren't subbed anymore. Just like unlocked bit emotes that stick with the user.)

Or unlock by being (with breaks, but in total) subbed 1 year/ 2 year etc and only get access to the emote when you are subbed.

Would be a cool reward for long time supporters.

Original idea by…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Its annoying we cant use our good earned emotes from cheering for our fav broadcasters in whispers, some can be put to good use in whispers but that they disappear is annoying.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be great to have the option to toggle on or off emote modification for Tier 2 and Tier 3 (as the viewer) as currently only the streamer can remove those modifications, and for everyone having a subscription at those tiers, and it can appear a bit busy in our emote picker from the subscriber point of view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unlock permanent emote slots for those who gift subs (5/10/25 etc) and those who are subscribed to a channel for x-amount of time (3/6/9 months etc) just like how the bits emotes work.

It would give affiliates the opportunity for more emote slots to work with if they choose to upload anything there for them, and it also provides some reward to go with viewer generosity (at the minute, permanent emotes are a thing with bits alone and they're great, but there are no permanent unlocks for continuous support in subscribing/gifting subscribers to a channel. In fact, for gift subs,…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In regards to emote count, the price tag for tier 2 and 3 isn't really justified with 1 extra emote for affiliates and 5 extra for partners. Where the price doubles, then more than quadruples, it'd be great to see the emote count reflect that more. Maybe affiliates could get an extra tier 2&3 slot every other sub-point milestone, and partners get an extra slot for all tiers with each milestone. This seems like an easy way to add more value to the higher tiers and thus provide more incentive.

Thanks for your consideration!
    thaef

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hi Twitch Team,

I think it would be nice if there would be the possibility to allow users to keep one emote permanetly after being sub for like 12 months in a channel, to receive a further reward for loyality and the money you spent.

Thanks! :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi all,

Hereby I would like to suggest the possibility to change the current set free lifetime subs for partners.

So maybe in the same window where you upload the emotes, you can set the life time subs to the twitch account you would like to by yourself, also change it after 6 months (as the prefix, or Account name)

I think this would be handy for Partners, as for example I'm not even in contact with the person i gave the last lifetime sub to, so it would be helpful and avoid support ticket request.

Also there you can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Many artists work hard on emotes for themselves or other streamers and so much detail is lost when sizing down to 28x28. It's incredibly disheartening. Please make 56x56 the minimum size and abolish 28x28 entirely.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?