Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

611 results found

1. In the same vein of modeducation.reddithelp.com and discord.com/moderation I think Twitch could give a badge for users who pass on a quiz about channel moderation.

It is a nice way to make future mods get acquainted with twitch tools and to signal creators users that are serious about being mods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow the Accounts that have emotes attributed to to use those emotes globally.
    A huge Part of the chat environment is the emotes that are used by chatters all over twitch in every facet, there is even a "Emote Only" chat mode. The artists who create these emotes are generally paid one time a sum between $5-50 depending on complexities etc. yet the subscription required to use those emotes is $4.99/month. This means that for an artist to showcase their emotes they have to pay for the privilege to the extent that no matter what they will eventually be negative…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. While I know the slots for affiliates got bumped up to 9 within the last year or so, I still think the amount of slots for affiliates (when compared to partners) is incredibly unbalanced. Some affiliates can have thousands of followers, a dedicated community, etc. and still struggle to get partner - so it seems a little unfair to limit affiliates to 9 tier 1 slots when partners can get up to 60 emote slots. I wouldn't say it has to be a drastic/unreasonable number, but 15-20 tier 1 slots, or even giving 5 emotes for tier 2 and tier…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recently follower emotes can be used on every part ofTwitch by channel subscribers, but these aren't sent to the Discord integration API so that they can be used on their respective servers

When you configure the Twitch-Discord integration the follower emotes simply doesn't appear on the Discord server

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I was really thrilled when twitch announced the artist badges. I am a artist myself and have some friends who are artists as well. The badges had good intentions but are, in my opinion, improvable.

1: Since Twitch now has animated emotes many streamer get their already existing emotes animated from other artists then the ones which drew them originally. Or even better, different arists work together as a team. Artist A draws the texures and Artist B animates it. Not all artists are good in any kind of art so sometimes we work together to achieve something great. BUT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My idea is simply to have follower emotes able to be used on mobile devices no matter the carrier with text messages. Be it iOS, Android, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am a Twitch Partner. I spend a lot of time in people's twitch chats. I like to donate subs and bits to them. The problem is, when I do so, my partner badge gets yanked away from me and replaced with a bit progress or sub gift badge. I then need to go into my chat identity and reinstate my partner badge in that chat in order to keep the appearance that I am better than others.

I would like a setting that allows me to maintain my prowess as a partner in chat regardless of whether or not…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Twitch should add a Special Badge For the top 100 Oldest Twitch Accounts or a special badge for anyone's account thats 10-15 years old?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The following endpoint allows to get/set the chat un emote/sub/follow-only....
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-chat-settings
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#update-chat-settings

I believe it would make sens to add the new "first-time chatter" filter brought by shield mode to it so external tools can get or set this value.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. option to remove from the Emote Picker emotes that I never use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice if we could put an unlimited number of emotes for affiliates and partners

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we make the emote rayapomad a global emote?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to be able to directly compare emote popularity by making different emotes available to different subscribers and seeing which get more use

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Requesting a feature where a Twitch user can create Macro/Alias names for emotes or even strings of emote.
    Examples:
    - A streamer remaps streamerLUL to LUL and overrides the global LUL
    - Generally, it would be nice as a streamer to be able to use our Suffix only when we want to use our own emotes instead of having to search the library or memorize/type our Prefix
    - A viewer maps to HYPE a string of their favorite Hype emotes from their library

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As it stands right now if an emote, specifically an animated one, is animated using Twitch's "Easy Animate" option it uploads into the Emote Library. However, there is no one-click option to download the emotes made this way. Currently you need to download the .0 file and then convert it off-site into a .gif to be able to house this and upload it to, say, Discord for community use.

I'd like to see a download option for each emote, especially animated, in the Emote Library.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to give Emotes multiple names in the library e.g. slashi20Love and slashi20Heart both point to the same emote. This would be more convenient for viewers searching via a suffix, allows more consistency across streams, and means streamers don't have to pick between relevant keywords and don't have to eschew community references (say someone in the community once wrote [prefix]Huppy instead of Happy? Well now both Huppy and Happy will result in the emote) when naming emotes.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A lot of people subscribe to a channel just to get access to an emote. If there were an indexable, taggable "Emote Marketplace" where you could search for specific tags and purchase subscriptions to the channel, you would sell a lot more subscriptions (a lot easier to implement than micro emote purchases) Would likely need some pretty complex technology to make it happen, but I can imagine how to accomplish it -helmetwearer (same github handle, pinned project twitch related)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option for emote only for non subs/followers so emote only can still have non-VIP and moderators talk. Maybe also do it so if someone has subbed for a longer amount of time, the streamer/mods can let them talk in chat still.
    For example, 2 streamers face each other and chat could report information to the other stream chats. The streamer could then threaten that "You'll be banned if you spoil anything", which then a sub has more to lose meaning they would be less likely to spoil anything. This would also still allow non-subs and followers to interact in chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please allow for pinning favorite emotes on mobile. It currently saves last used but resets often. Chatters will try to find an emote to react with while the conversation is relevant but scrolling slows things down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've had no less then 5 emotes denied with no reasoning with the emote deny email. Only thing common is the color pink. I've even used the same emote from another streamer colored it pink, and it got denied. You need to fix it, I'm a girl that's 27 years old, i deserve the color pink.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?