Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

604 results found

1. Please change the Hype prefix. Sometimes I want to look for a hype emote from people I subscribe to but I cannot find them because the Hype train emotes take up the whole preview list (when I type :hype).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We should have customizable Gift Sub Badges like we have for Bits Badges. The exact same functionality, at appropriate tiers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we make the emote rayapomad a global emote?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The following endpoint allows to get/set the chat un emote/sub/follow-only....
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-chat-settings
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#update-chat-settings

I believe it would make sens to add the new "first-time chatter" filter brought by shield mode to it so external tools can get or set this value.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Emotes are a big part of the Twitch experience, and many streamers have different emotes for different occasions (special themed streams, certain games, holidays, etc.).

Instead of having to manually swap out emotes individually, being able to create sets/groups and then being able to toggle between them would save a lot of time. Additionally, it would be great if this ability to toggle sets/groups could be added to the Emotes API.

Another option would be to offer Emotes API which allows Emotes to be individually swapped between active/inactive slots (which would allow streamers to create sets/groups without the feature being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While attempting to get Instant Upload Eligibility for emotes, I'm struggling to tell how many days I've been live since reaching Affiliate.
    If there was some way of telling the user their progress for Instant Upload I think it would go a long way to making it more clear and understood for new Affiliates that they haven't done anything wrong and are simply working through a process instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please let us archive permanent emotes we've unlocked through various promotions.

One jarring example is the HyperScape emotes. The game shut down a year ago, and no amount of spamming HyperCrown will bring it back. Personally, I think I completed the set just by using the site, despite the fact I couldn't get into the game. What happens now though is, every time I want to use a "Hype" emote (eg. eavHype) I have to type in the full name manually because there's no way to break from "Hyper". I personally have no plans of ever using HyperScape emotes, and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a special badge for streamers to give badges, like the artist badge. I don't want a bunch of junk clips. I would like good quality clips. Picking a good clip is an art, naming them well is even more important. So if I see viewers that are clipping well in my community, I want to be able to reward them well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Its unreasonable that a single suspension should make you completely ineligible to have follower emotes on your channel again. There should be a time period that you cannot have them, but after that period, your channel should get those emote slots back. Especially considering how few slots there currently are for affiliate streamers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The emote library is a great addition, thank you so much!

As an emote artist it would be great if Moderators and Editors had the ability to upload emotes and manage the live sets, to take the hassle out of handing over regular themed sets, managing replacements/updates, and allowing for more flexibility in switching out the set without having to load this responsibility all on the streamer.

483 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase twitch channel VIP count from 100 to 200 atleast, I find it strange that channel cant have more than 100 vips

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Choose emotes from the list of all emotes currently available to the user and add them to a favorites list displayed at the top the emote selection pane.
    Scrolling through lists of emotes is not user friendly and frequently used emotes do not satisfy the same need.
    This would be a major quality of life improvement for desktop but especially for mobile users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add slots for animated emotes under the follower emote section. So that followers can also have access to animated emotes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you please make it so if someone loses a founder badge they can still earn it again in the future ?

I had a mishap in my channel, and twitch support there is no way to fix it. I removed a (Deactivated) Founder thinking it was an old inactive user, but it was actually my longest sub and one of my most active viewers (They had a small suspension on twitch and showed up as Deactivated). A complete mistake on my part, but having it be permanent seems out of place and leaves creators no control over situations like…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you ban a mod or time them out, that individual loses that badge immediately.. Vip on the other hand does not.. I know it's a simple thing to go into manager and remove them, but If you have to time them out and or ban them. I believe they should lose that status and power just as fast.. that way it is level across the board and makes it a little easier on the streamer, since someone can take up a slot that can sometimes be overlooked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On every 4th of May, Mod badges on every stream should be replaced with lightsabers for 1 day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disabling animated emotes in the chat settings should also disable animated emotes in the chat replay on VODs, which would improve performance and accessibility for many people.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In a perfect world, everyone would be friends and get along. However for various reasons people sometimes leave communities they have earned bit emotes in. Then the bit emotes remain forever as a constant reminder. People should have the ability to remove bit emotes from certain streamers.

394 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. they should make ai generated emotes. meaning people could type words and they would generate an image.

Thanks,
    Eric

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change the way emotes are named, so that they are generic.
    For example.
    StreamernameSlot1
    StreamerNameSlot2

this will make it so emotes can be changed with no need to update commands if a different emote is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?