Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

613 results found

1. Think the Pokemon Gym Badge Case, where one can view all badges their account has collected across various twitch Channels, various tiers of X-Month Subscriber badges, twitch con badges, etc. Just a neat feature I'd like to see implemented

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using the "shake" feature in Twitch's emote upload menu caused a black background to show up in parts of the emote. I found it tolerable. However, the emote ended up being rejected, and in the rejection email, for some reason the smallest version of the emote was bright white, unlike in my previews when making it, after submitting it, and unlike the two larger versions present in the email.
    I'm pretty disappointed that a bug in twitch's system is going to hamper my ability to gain instant upload privileges and would like to see that as soon as possible, since…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For the instant upload eligibility and free follower emotes there's no way (that I know of) that you can see how many days you are away from achieving this. There should be a place to see either in analytics or a goal bar in the emotes section. I'm so tired of miscounting and telling my followers we're one stream away only to realize I was wrong.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I feel like we don't get enough animated slots, it would be nice to have the same amount for both standard and animated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give a long time follower emote option! Followers for over a year, two years, ect should get a new emote slot

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have a tendency to see emotes be deleted as they might be deemed sexually suggestive.

If possible can we add a Mature Lock or Mature Wall for Emotes and that way those emotes can be unlocked by age verification (18+) .

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. LISTEN THIS IS A WORLD CHANGING IDEA. Imagine if every strramer had a tool where he could let his viewers to import and add a custom hemote next to their nickname. It could be anything. For example my nickname is dumbdragon, so with a streamers consent I would add an dragon emote next to my nickname. Adding a custom emote next to the nickname would give a huge value to the streamers and his viewers. Because it would let to differentiate viewers and have a bit more charachter than just having their written nickname. It would give a chance feel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, if someone anonymously supports a streamer during a Hype Train, they won't be rewarded any of the emotes. It's almost as if Twitch doesn't recognize their donation. I understand that's the purpose of anonymously supporting a streamer; however, since Twitch knows we cheered/gifted, why is it that the donator isn't rewarded the emote?

The one thing that comes to my mind is how Hype Trains lists the top supporters. Although, they could also list them as Anonymous there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PROBLEM:
    TOO many actual words are being used as the name for emotes. It's confusing and frustrating for anyone trying to communicate in Chat.
    SOLUTION:
    Require a specific capitalization scheme for any emote that uses an actual word. Example: "War" or "WAR" or "war"—not acceptable. "wAr" or "wAR" or "waR"—all acceptable, depending on the specifics of the adopted capitalization scheme. All lowercase, all uppercase and initial cap would be UNacceptable because they are used, as such, in attempts at real communication in Chat.
    [This problem seems to arise frequently in external emote libraries like the BTTV library.]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So Hype Trains have been around for a while now with minimal improvements. Many casters, including myself, don't use them due to their lack of integration, custom styling and lack of purpose. I have a few suggestions that, if enacted, would not only get me to use them but also improve the system overall for all creators.

It breaks down to three main suggestions:

• Allow us to identify the emotes that are rewarded to the userbase. Just like we have a "Sub" and "Follower" emote section in our panel, a "Hype Train" section would be added. This would allow us…

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great, if channel pages could have a badge that shows, if the channel owner has purchased a ticket for the current or upcoming TwitchCon so that people can tell if someone will be attending, even if they are not talking or joined to a chat.
    This could be useful for people who would like to compile a list of the people they would like to see.
    It would be good if that badge could be shown in the same spot as the verified/partner badge or the affiliate/partner anniversary badge.
    The badge can disappear once the TwitchCon is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Increase the gift sub badges or allow streamers the option to add new gift sub badges passed a certain amount. Right now, the highest badge you can earn is 5k, so if a user gifts over 6k, 7k, 8k, etc. it only shows the 5k badge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to have a global badge with the Justin.tv icon (monkeycam) for Twitch accounts created before the inception of Twitch.

If account older than [date of twitch inception JUNE 2011 for example] user account will have access to Justin.tv badge. A nod to the pioneers of this community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why?: To keep creators creating content and spending less time managing emotes

How:

Easy: Implement a field on the emote information to add info like "Halloween" or "Christmas" so we can filter emotes by seasons when changing seasonal emotes

Hard: Program the dashboard to automatically swap emotes based on dates, that way once the emote get's uploaded the creator can designate a date or dates for when the emote should be active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Don't claim all hype train emotes are permanent and then take away the Golden Kappa from the Golden Kappa Hype Train. Let the users keep it forever as a status symbol (retroactively too). Then more people will want to watch more often for a chance at the Golden Kappa, and then pay more to get that Golden Kappa. By taking it away, you've hurt your brand and user trust, causing viewers to not participate in Golden Kappa Hype Trains, this earning Twitch less money. So, give the Golden Kappa back.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are a lot of limited-time emotes that you can obtain from Hype Trains and other events. These are put into categories in my emote library but the categories don't have any rhyme or reason particularly, for example some are categorised as "Stream with Pride" but some of the pride emotes are under "TwitchHypeTrain", I wish for a feature to be able to sort my emotes out a bit better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emote Library  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello, I wish there was an option to hide subscription badge for myself in chat, since I don't like to have any badges in front of my name - they decrease the space for 1st chat line

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The game died in January 2022. We need to remove the emotes from the global emotes list. They're ugly, and they ruin any hype emotes you search for via the :hype generated list.

They weren't even emotes to begin with, they were just UI icons from ingame.

Here is the link to the original promotion: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/hyper-scape?language=en_US

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The emotes panel should let streamers organize them all in the order they think it is the best. Currently even though we can put them in a certain order, we don't have full access to it because they are all separated in categories, such as Animated emotes, Follower emotes, Tier 1 emotes. Streamers should have full power to organize all emotes mixing them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?