Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creator Dashboard

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creator Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

120 results found

1. Some of the most important and useful analytics data are metrics like "unique viewers" and "new engaged viewers" and "followers".

These are metrics that tell me if the choices I am making are meaningfully impacting the amount of new people who are discovering and and engaging with my channel.

However, once or twice a month I'll get a big raid and it will completely destroy the usefulness of those data points.

If I get raided with 250+ viewers in the last 20 minutes of my stream, I have no way of seeing how many "unique viewers" or "new engaged viewers"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hey all!

We’re experimenting with a new panel in the Discovery page within your Analytics that shows a breakdown of new and returning engaged viewers.

This panel includes a breakdown of new and returning engaged viewers to help you compare different streams and understand how your audience changes over time. The data is available to be viewed in the chart at the top of the Discovery page, and it will help streamers determine when new engaged viewers are coming to the stream and deduce what can convert them to become returning engaged viewers.

Coming soon, we have plans to bring…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Catagory suggestions get their stats ridiculously bolstered by Streamers who play the game who have 5000+ viewers.

I think the precise stats should still be displayed but other stats should also be displayed with the popular streamers cut out for a more accurate idea what the average percentages would be for the average every day streamer.

Removing streamers who have a huge majority of the over all viewers for a specific game can give much more precise stats because the guy with 5000 viewers is a one off type streamer. I'm not going to get 100 viewers just because that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some streamers have poor volume control and continue to broadcast at a low volume.
    We would like you to analyze the volume level for them, provide them with analytical information on how quiet their broadcasts are compared to others, and suggest adjustments. This could be done after the broadcast, but could also be done in real time.

It is normal for listeners to adjust the volume on their own, but they have trouble hearing extremely low volume even when the twitch volume is set to 100.
    I do not want to increase the volume on my PC because the volume…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd love to see average watch times for different type of viewers.

• For unique viewers
    • For non followers
    • For followers
    • For subs
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch's metrics haven't progressed greatly and are sorely lacking updates.

The following should be available as a gold standard:

• Live Views (*currently available)
    • VOD views of archives (doesn't seem to exist in data export; or is rolled up into somewhere? What happens when the VOD archive gets deleted?)
    • VOD Views of created clips (*currently available)
    • Average View Duration (avg. mins watched per unique viewer)
    • Data Export of Views by Platforms (Views by Web, Console, iOS, etc.)

Nice-to-Haves:

• Followers Gained / Followers Lost
    • Live Views by Non-Followers
    • Live Views by Followers (and possibly even Subscribers)
    • Impressions (Auto-Play directory, Auto-Play frontpage where…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have revenue opitions under the streamers local currency instead of USD as twitch are paying out in local currencies it will be much better for this to be done

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Events that populate data on the dashboard like subs, followers, etc. are stored in UTC time but the dashboard itself is done in the users local time, so if I am in UTC -3, I have to wait 3 hours past midnight to view up to date analytics for a channel. It would be great to have the two more streamlined so we can view up to date analytics based on the date we are selecting, not from UTC time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch stats are lacking in many ways. Instead of implementing their own stat tracking on twitch, they should implement Google Analytics instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a stat displaying the percentage of current viewers who are following the channel to the stream manager. Also add statistics on how the non-followers found the stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm an affiliate and I would love to have access to month-over-month, year-to-date, year-over-year, and all-time options when viewing my analytics dashboard. This data will allow me to see overall trends over a greater period of time which is incredibly useful when it comes to determining the success of content changes, rebranding, etc.

For example, I am coming up on my 1st streaming anniversary. I would like to see the statistics for this November compared to last November. It would also be nice to see my "all-time" stats, like how many calendar days I've streamed in the last year, and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The current Discovery Metric is views/stream averaged which is the least helpful number metric in deciding when or what to stream. Saturation doesn't help smaller channels grow as click-through usually happens near the top of the list.

The Metrics we need to see are Searches, Browse click-through for the category, and impressions for channels with average viewership near our own.

These are metrics that are available after you have streamed the category, however their data seems to be tossed aside. Scrape that data and give us metrics that are useful for navigating and deciding when to stream a game.

Ex.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I click the React button on a live stream, a large modal dialog covers the video, disrupting my viewing. I would prefer a smaller menu on the side of the video or on the chat instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Idea to see what tags were used in past broadcasts:

As someone who is trying to use Twitch Tags to my advantage and see which tags will work, it would be nice to see tags in VODs. Last month on a certain day, I peaked avg viewers higher than normal. But I cannot see what tags I used back then as it is not available.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Intento buscar cuántos días llevo, cuántos suscriptores tengo, cuántos renuevan, cuántos no..., cuándo empecé...
    Y no es fácil, incluso en algunos casos no he sido capaz de ver el dato.

Estaría bien que esto apareciera mucho más claro, sin tener que dar mil vueltas o no encontrarlo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I wish that the Viewers number and the Users In Chat number were more accurate. I've already saw the thing that says something along the lines of "Users in chat could include bots and users in chat only mode" but i believe it should be filtered a bit more so when you pull up the drop menu it shows You, Viewers, Viewers in chat only, and bots. I wish i could see the viewers and my users in chat and get an accurate representation on who's actually viewing my stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't suggest slots as a game to stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My typical stream starts at 10pm local time for me and tends to end around 2-4am. This shouldn't be much of an issue but over time as my channel has grown, and Twitch has introduced new features like the ad rev share program, it's been increasingly more difficult to get a clear picture on my analytics since every stream is basically split between two days.

Here is an image as an example of what i'm talking about https://i.imgur.com/XvFo4pb.png

All metrics seem to be clearly split between the days that I stream, but then whenever I check my ad revenue it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The view counter being inaccurate is so bothersome. I have my girlfriend, her mom, and all my friends watching at the same time to make sure that I hit the viewer count of 3 to become an affiliate. I click on the viewers tab and see almost a dozen people in chat. Although, when I look at the twitch viewer counter, it only says one, and peaks at two. The "live viewers" counter is wrong as well because at the end of my stream I check how many live viewers I have had, and it displays an accurate count on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As of right now, we can only see the different sources of revenue and the amounts that have come through. Streamers cannot see the exact amounts from subs and other revenue sources depending on area. We also cannot see the amount of subs lost and canceled. I would call for a more robust earnings dashboard that is not just a "bar graph that we have to trust is correct".

I am calling for a completely revamped earnings page that shows sub revenue that can be broken down into different sections. Area, Type of sub (Tier 1,2,3.), Exact earnings from each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?