Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. Today there was a stream on https://www.twitch.tv/worldoftanks/ which rewarded twitch watchers with drops. Unfortunately the stream went live between 3am and 6am Eastern Australian Time.

Why not make this steam VOD so everyone in the world including families and kids can watch it at a sensible hour?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch uses data from IGDB, but there are some errors where this data isn't applied properly. IGDB uses the North American (NA) title by default, and has the European title as the alternative, even in situations where the European title is the original or matching the original better.

• The schedule on twitch.tv uses the NA title regardless of locale selected. Both the small item of the schedule, as well as when you click on it to expand it. But the cover used is localised.

• The video producer on dashboard.twitch.tv use the NA title regardless of locale, when you edit a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When editing a goal, the option "End Goal" has mistakenly been translated as a single noun "Slutmål" (such as: what's the 'end goal'?) instead of the intended verb "Avsluta mål".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm using Twitch in Swedish, primarily for the Swedish formats since English (Sweden) isn't an option.

But there are some improper formats on the analytic screen, and this issue is likely happening to several other languages, and is likely due to hardcoded functions. By resolving these issues, these are not only resolved for Swedish, but also for several other languages.
    https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/USERNAME/analytics

When you press on the date-banner at the top to change the date, the date-pickers are displaying with Sunday first, which is quite confusing to look at since Sweden is always Monday first. This calendar should reflect the locale…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need this option
    Realy good idea

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Good afternoon! On behalf of Belarusian gamers I ask you to add the Belarusian language to the "Broadcast language" list in the settings, so that the channels can finally separate their broadcasts from a number of others.

This will make it easier for viewers to find content to watch in their native language. Thousands of people can't find the content they like, and therefore stop using Twitch. Support for the Belarusian language is support for a large language group in the center of Europe.

For example, several channels whose authors use the Belarusian language, but which are forced to select…

521 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Twitch team,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my strong support for adding Ukrainian language support to the Twitch platform.

As you may know, Ukraine is home to a thriving gaming and streaming community, and Ukrainian is the second most spoken language in Eastern Europe. Despite this, Twitch has yet to add Ukrainian language support, which has been a source of frustration for many Ukrainian content creators and viewers.

I understand that adding language support can be a complex process, but I strongly believe that the benefits of doing so far outweigh any…

2,171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The traditional Chinese translation for the term 'DropsEnabled' is '啟用掉寶', but the current display shows '启用掉宝' which is simplified Chinese instead of traditional Chinese.

And also, there are many texts in simplified Chinese characters in your customer service feedback menu. Please check your text errors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The german localization titles the sub gifter badge as "Person, die das Abonnement verschenkt" which equates to "person who gifts the sub" in english. This sounds very unnatural. Closer to the english "sub gifter" would be something along the lines of "Abo-Verschenker". Another more natural alternative would also be "Person, die ein Abo verschenkt hat" which translates to "person who has gifted a sub".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When hovering over a linked streamer in the title of a stream the word Streaming is translated as Atrømmer instead of Strømmer. Strømmer is the correct translation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the danish translation of twitch the chat slow-mode notification is "Du kan chatte i X sekunder", and it has to be "Du kan chatte om X sekunder". It seems kinda weird to me...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I made screenshots to make clear what I mean. The first is the current state, for the seconds a adjusted the css so I could see the values that are hidden. https://imgur.com/a/rJrJ0sK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creo que añadir un algoritmo de traducción automática en diferentes idiomas ayudaría a ciertas personas con discapacidad auditiva y a la vez a personas que no entienden algún idioma en concreto pero que pueda gustarles el tipo de contenido de otros creadores que no son de su idioma natal, añadiendo unos subtítulos que aunque a veces el algoritmo no sea exacto en su traducción por la pronunciación del creador, pero pueda facilitar el entendimiento en su mayoría. Ayudaría en bastantes casos y además facilitaría a todos los creadores de contenido a crecer su comunidad con personas que son de otros…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The currently "experimental" reactions feature ( https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/reactions?language=en_US ) translates the "Love" reaction as "Romántica" (Romance) in Castilian Spanish. This has really bad implications towards the streamer-viewer relationship. It should be translated as "Me encanta", meaning you are enjoying the stream a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. First of all, I’d like to remove the eye symbol emote, as you know, some people on twitch are Muslims, and in Islam, eye symbol is haram (not allowed in Islam basically) so I’d like you to remove it immediately, second of all, lower down the ads, people are getting like 5-10 ads these days, yeah it helps out the streamer but still

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Spanish translation for "While X is offline", at the main page, says "Mientras X está desconectado". This last word is masculine, making the phrase inaccurate for non-masculine streamers.
    I think, in order to be more inclusive, the correct phrase should be something like "Mientras X no tiene conexión" or "Mientras X no está en directo", avoiding words that depend on the streamer's gender identity.
    I didn't see this kind of mistake anywhere else, but I think this should be revised in general.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In very recent news, Twitch has not been complying with the overly strict requirements of censorship required by the site to run in Russia.

Twitch has been fined now multiple times. Twitch within a month.
    It is easy for us all to see that you will not bend the knee and start censoring the streamers on your platform. However, it's also easy to see this situation won't end anytime soon.

I think it's wrong to blanket ban Russian streamer and delete their content. Obviously. We have to preserve that history for once the war ends.

However, the site being allowed…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Romanian translation for the most used word on this website is very odd and difficult to understand: "Redare in flux". You could keep it as "stream" or "live" or use something like "transmisiune".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. English: "# Channel Points awarded to # viewer(s)"
    Korean: "시청자 #명님에게 보생으로 # 채널 포인트를 드렸습니다"

There is a translation error in Korean at the streamer's dashboard > Predictions.
    It hasn't been fixed since long time ago.

"보생" must be fixed to "보상" as "awarded"`s translation.
    And "~님" is also awkward for Korean.

I suggest "시청자 #명에게 보상으로 # 채널 포인트를 드렸습니다"

Ref. image: https://imgur.com/tqGSkrC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Unmodded" tag is translated as "Χωρίς εποπτεία", as you can see here https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags/532af76e-eabd-451e-9709-cd1cc7653edb which means "without moderator/supervision" in the Greek language.

However, on this page, https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags is described as "For streams that feature gameplay from an unmodified version of a game".

My suggestion is to change it from "Χωρίς εποπτεία" to "Χωρίς τροποποιήσεις", which means "without modifications".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?