Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. The green pill that says "SAVE" in the "Save by subscribing for logger" dialog.
    In Finnish version this is mistranslated as "TALLENNA" (as in "save file"). It should be "SÄÄSTÄ" (as in "save money")

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A tradução da área que mostra a última transmissão realizada, na página do canal, está incorreta.

Exemplo: https://imgur.com/a/qkqtkE0

O "de" impede a presença do "há" no texto.

Sugestões de correção:

• "Confira essa transmissão de [categoria] de 4 dias atrás"; ou
    • "Confira essa transmissão de [categoria], realizada há 4 dias"
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You give us the option of choosing our language. Why do you use another language (not even English) when sending us an e-mail (billing, payment notice, etc.) ? Please use the language we chose or, if not possible, English).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Every single time when I'm on a new pc and I want to log into Twitch I need to receive a verification code to be able to log in. I'm from Belgium and I live in the Flemish-speaking (Dutch) part. This SMS however is always in French. The majority of the people speak Dutch in Belgium and everything else on Twitch is in either Dutch or English.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The message says "Det har vært gitt ut [number] gaveabonnement i kanalen!" This translates to "There has been given out [number] gift subscriptions in the channel!" This reads as if the number is the total for all users, not just the user currently gifting.

I suggest changing it to ""De har gitt ut [number] gaveabonnement i kanalen!", translating to "They have given out [number] gift subscriptions in the channel!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Most of Indonesians are cant speak / read English very well. To solve this problem, I want you to add Bahasa. That would help our community to grow up. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Malaysian "Malay" language is very much different to Bahasa Indonesia, even though it has its similarities, are very much culturally and phonetically different that it could cause confusion if I were to label my streams as Bahasa Indonesia. Furthermore, Singaporean Malay also refer to their native language as "Malay", so I dont see why not adding the Malay language in the stream info setting.

Otherwise you could instead rename the "Bahasa Indonesia" tag as "Bahasa" instead of "Bahasa Indonesia" and basically combine them since the Malay language is also called "Bahasa Melayu" in its native language, but this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The last 2 years, broadcasts in the Kazakh (Qazaq/Казахский/Qazaqşa) language are gaining popularity on YouTube.
    For example (March 2022):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJx_4kwWNvM - 1600+ live peak viewers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVQBykqCPZg - 2000+ live peak viewers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHtXj6DDlKQ - 800+ live peak viewers

Kazakh is now only available on YouTube, so mostly Influencers choose this platform. Although many of the viewers follow the broadcasts on Twitch, as the many CIS esports competitions are broadcast there. Also, there are Twitch streamers who broadcast in Kazakh in the Russian category

In the filters there is the country of Kazakhstan, but no Kazakh language.

Goal #1 is to add…

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please just add more language categories. It is not hard to type out a few more words to make a world of difference to Twitch users around the world.

So many promising streamers are locked under "Language: Other", which doesn't let them get the recognition that they deserve and would receive in their own language community.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When publishing a vod by hand in the stream manager tab a popup says "Dadurch wird es für die Öffentlichkeit unzugänglich", which means the exakt opposite of publishing something. If something is "unzugänglich" noone has access to it.

Seems to be a translation error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why has Twitch Dev Removed "Persian" or "Farsi" from the language choices. How can we have that back? Feels slightly discriminatory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. • Wherever the word ‘Spórolj’ appears in the settings in Hungarian, it should be ‘Mentés’, because ‘Mentés’ is the right word for saving something which has been change — like a setting. (‘Spórolj’ means saving money.)

• The word/expression ‘Legjobb pillanatok’ stands for best moments, but this button is for creating a highlight. Therefore the right word in Hungarian is ‘Kiemelés’. (The word ‘Kiemelés’ has already been in use on the Twitch platform for many years before.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I found a translation error in the creator dash.
    When I edit my social media links the button for 'save' is translated to 'besparen' which means 'to save money' in Dutch. The correct translation here would be "Opslaan"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The common tag 'no backseating' is translated as 'mondje dicht', which means little mouth closed, I have absolutely no clue what the person who made this translation was thinking, probably creative use of Google Translate. There is no Dutch equivalent for 'backseating' so it is used together with the Dutch word for no, which is 'geen': geen backseaten.

The other one is that the category 'just chatting' is translated as 'gewoon chatten', even though Dutch people like me use 'chatten' to only mean typing in a chat. The word for chatting as in talking out loud in Dutch is praten.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's been a while since Twitch has become a mass service used here in Catalonia. For years, different users have asked if it would be possible to have the Twitch app available in Catalan, our language.

It's not hard to have the desktop apps (Win, Mac, Linux, Web) and the mobile apps (Android, iOS, Windows Phone...) translated into Catalan. A lot of other services and apps have included Catalan years ago (services and products from Google, Apple, Microsoft, Mozilla... already include it).

We understand that Twitch has enough resources to translate their apps and services to Catalan. Why Belgians, Canadians…

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am so surprised with the discrimination against Tamil speaking people around the globe.
    Canada, Malaysia and Singapore has recognised Tamil as one of their country's official languages.
    however, its ridiculous to see 'Twitch' hasn't adopted/ignorant/discriminative towards one of the oldest languages in the world (older than Hindi, Urdu, Hebrew, German, French English, Anglo-Saxon etc)
    Pls update your settings for twitch streamer to allow adding the Tags : Tamil
    Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Czech Republic and Slovakia have more and more new creators, but not only the small ones but also the big ones who have thousands of people on their live broadcasts and would need faster support in their native language.

Excuse me, but twitch support is often extremely slow and it is unacceptable for streamers of this size to wait for comments for a few days. Therefore, it would be good to introduce Support for CZ / SK as Poland has, for example, but with the difference that a live support chat could only be implemented for twitch partners.

I…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When someone shares their subscription in chat, this is the message in Swedish:

"(username) prenumenerade av Nivå 1De har prenumenerat i 20 månader, just nu har de 17 i rad!"

Firstly, it should be "prenumererade" and "prenumererat" ("r" instead of "n").

Secondly, "på Nivå 1" instead of "av" and there should be a full stop and space after.

Fixed: "(username) prenumererade på Nivå 1. De har prenumererat i 20 månader, just nu har de 17 i rad!"

This is just some examples, there are some more errors when gifting subscriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello, i find some issues in RU localization in video page.

Video counter in eng loc: "1,410 views" (As example)
    Video counter in ru loc: "не число просмотра" (Translate from russian "not view number")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hi there,

Thanks so much for reporting. I was able to see the issue with view counts and relayed this to the localization team for review.

20. Add Afrikaans as a language on twitch

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?