Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. È anche possibile modificare solo l'uso delle lettere maiuscole nel nome visualizzato
    Message is shown up when i try to customize my "Nome Visualizzato" field
    You have to delete the word "anche" it is wrong useless and confusing in this phrase. For more feedback or help with italian, russian and ukrainian translations feel free to contact me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have found a translation error on the following page (https://www.twitch.tv/directory/following). In the upcoming streams section on the followed page, if there is less than 1 hour left to the stream, for example, let's say 38 minutes left to the stream, instead of writing "38 dakika sonra başlıyor", it is written "38 dakika sonra dakika sonra başlıyor". This means something ridiculous like "It starts in 38 minutes after the minute" in English.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When hovering over a stream that is atted (@example_username) is says "Atrømmer" in norwegian, the correct word is "Strømmer" meaning streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello! There is a typo in the French Moderation panel, in the Level 2 of Ban Evasion Detection block: "Likely Evaders" and "Possible Evaders" are both translated in "Personnes contournant possiblement un bannissement".

In that way, in the first menu selector: "Personnes contournant possiblement un bannissement : Les personnes susceptibles de contourner un bannissement seront restreintes. Leurs messages ne seront envoyés qu'aux modérateurs." the word "possiblement" should be replaced by "probablement".

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Здравствуйте

С прошедшими праздниками.
    Мы хотели бы вам предложить сотрудничество и развитие вашего канала на территории Азербайджана.
    Просим вас рассмотреть вопрос сотрудничества и партнерства.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Twitch is a large organization that is active in many countries around the world. And there may be problems with the legislation of any country, which happened in mine.
    Has Twitch considered opening branches in Russia? (Twitch Russia) This is a great opportunity to comply with the laws of Russia and, it would be a good idea to defend the rights of streamers in Russia. And which can also open up an additional market for advertisers, which will increase the company's profits.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With twitch recap uk was thrown in as "rest of the world" while america had 3 distinctive definitions of types of america's. The UK is a big enough factor that it should have it's own statistics in this regard, twitch focuses on american streamers and as a result all of twitch is mostly targetted at the same american streamers, the UK deserves some recognition and the recap should have had statistics relavant to the uk seperately, also there should be a UK twitchcon, not just a europe where you have to travel to other parts of the world just to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Because す(su) is written as '스' in Korean.
    or just leave it osu! (like Just Chatting. It's best way.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are some YouTubers which would prefer twitch as a streaming platform but fear that their community will not find them when they have to switch their names. Since twitch doesn't allow "ä", "ö" and "ü" in their creator names those with these letters in their names get discriminated.

Thank you very much

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. in the "how to earn channel points" description it says "Hent sørlige bonusser" sørlige isn't a word i imagine it was supposed to be "særlige" which means special.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need local pricing for twitch turbo in Turkey. I really would like to subscribe to this service but 7USD is really too much for this.

Gerçekten Türkiyede twitch turbo için yerel fiyatlandırmaya ihtiyacımız var. Bu servise abone olmayı istiyorum ama 7 dolar bunun için çok fazla.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The "Counter-Strike" category is still called "Counter-Strike Global Offensive" (カウンターストライク グローバルオフェンシブ) despite it being changed to encapsulate both CS:GO and CS2. Rename it to "カウンターストライク" to match English category name.

This category does not have a match on IGDB as it contains 2 different games, which is why this is not posted in the IGDB forum

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The translation for "Happy Partner Anniversary" should be "Feliz aniversario de Partner PartyHat" for both Spanish and Latin American Spanish

The Latin Spanish current message is "¡Feliz aniversario de Partner con PartyHat!"
    This message translates to "¡Happy Partner anniversary with PartyHat" which is close to the actual message but the word "con" shouldn't be there.

And the Spanish current message is "¡Feliz aniversario de asociación con PartyHat!"
    Which translates into "Happy association anniversary with PartyHat!" which is pretty far from the original message and it doesn't make that much sense when reading it.

Everyone uses the word Partner in the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I believe that the decision to add Ukrainian localisation would be more than right, as Ukrainian is the eighth most widely spoken language in Europe, and this summer the popular Ukrainian streamer Leb1ga reached a record 34878 views, which is a definite sign of the relevance and usefulness of adding Ukrainian localisation to Twitch. May the Ukrainian Twitch community flourish!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Norwegian, when you click on "Bla gjennom" - > "Kategorier" -> "{game}" (Browse -> Category -> {game} in English) there is a highlighted stream running at the top. The button of which to watch the stream says "Følg strømmen" which translates to "Follow the stream". The word "Følg" is also used by Twitch to actually follow the stream, so it is very confusing. In English Twitch the "Følg strømmen" is "Join Stream", which makes alot more sense. You should find a better translation in Norwegian, like "Se på" (Watch), "Se på strømmen" (Watch the stream) or "Bli med" (Join).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Dutch language, in the translation for the affiliate anniversary (ENG:

PartyHat Happy Affiliate Anniversary!) the emote PartyHat is translated into Feestmuts (DUTCH: Feestmuts Gefeliciteerd met je Affiliate-jubileum).

Feestmuts would be the correct translation for PartyHat, but the emote only works with the English term (and translation in other languages has the PartyHat emote).

The same error might also be in other celebration messages (like partner anniversary).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Good morning,

Guys, every time there is an event on Twitch, like SUBtemper for example, there is always a bug in the website interface when I use it in my native language which is Brazilian Portuguese.

In short, in the bottoms and divs, or in the boxes that normally exist on any website in general, when I use the website in Brazilian Portuguese localization, I always come across bugs in the interface, in which the positioning of these elements exceeds the proposed limit on the website, and the element hides in another element, or is inside another div. As a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add a German language option which does not use Gender language (you can leave current German option as default).

Or use the generic masculinum and add (m/w/d) at the end.

Gender language disrupts reading flow and is not including everyone, e.g.

Kolleg*innen

This does not include males since the word Kolleg does not exist in that context.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, the title of the classification label in Finnish reads as "Tarkoitettu tietynlaiselle yleisölle" which translates as "Intended for a certain kind of audience". I'd propose using the translation "Tarkoitettu rajoitetuille yleisöille" which translates back into English as "Intended for limited audiences." There is a difference of tone and meaning, but most importantly the plural form of the original "Intended for certain audiences" is conserved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello.
    I have a question.
    Why, when I open any category of popular games, the first thing they offer me is the channels of Russian streamers or streamers whose broadcast language is Russian.
    I'm from Ukraine and sometimes I stim in my native language. If there are no Ukrainian channels in this category, can I show all channels and not show Russian channels first? Or will add Ukranian language categoty.
    Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?