Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow viewers to minimize chat on squad stream. Its quite annoying on smaller screens like mobile or not full-screen desktop, because the chat takes up way too much space. I would like the ability to minimize the chat when watching in squad stream, there are instances when it can take up more space for the chat than the other streams combined.

Allow hosting to work properly. When a squad streamer hosts someone it just makes it seem like their stream ended, either allow their host command to take all squad stream viewers that are viewing them, or take all squad…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me that a channel editor has the ability to delete entire VODS, but not the ability to delete individual clips. I feel like this should be a default ability for editors, or it should at least be an option for the streamer to give editors the power to delete clips on their behalf.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think this kind of feature would be really interesting and exciting for viewers and streamers. Streamers could press a button to split their viewers to groups of for example 100 people and raid random channels in chosen category or all over twitch. With big streamers getting tens of thousands of viewers, this would mean a lot of small streams would get exposure from this feature. I have noticed chat gets really excited when raids happen, in both the raided and raider channel. This kind of random twist would make it even more exciting and fun!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have thought about this idea for awhile and I've brought it up to others who thought it would be a neat concept as well. We all have the twitch teams and know of them but what is it other than a fancy tag with your friends?

My suggestion: what if there was a tab in the following section where you could follow certain teams you enjoy and a list of all the active online streamer's broadcasts show up? Might be easier to find certain communities as well like for instance if you watch a streamer on a team and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Just want to be able to add other streamers to "Events" so if you are playing with other people who are streaming it shows everyone in the staring section of the Event

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With all the new badges coming, and with the addition of the recent Affiliate badge, I suggest a special badge for the dedicated moderators of the community.

For example, if a user moderates a stream/stream in which the follower count reaches a certain number then the moderator would be given a special badge to signify that they're experienced mods, or if a person reaches a certain amount of commands made/timeouts made they're given the badge. Something like that.

I spend a lot of time moderating over 15 streams with 5,000+ followers each, and I'd love to have a cool badge…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For 'Starring' - if the issue is verification, maybe have the other parties confirm before they are published as part of the event, and additionally allow them to control being able to remove themselves from a particular event if situations change. And an option, similar to who can whisper you, could be an option of who can send you a request to be added to an event (in case it gets spammed).

For 'Streaming' - purely because some events include multiple games (ie. 24 hour stream, etc.), but you are only able to select one. Additionally, the option to reorder…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you do contests, make sure to promote them often in your own public communication channels.

Example is the ongoing twitch animation contest. The only public mention of it from Twitch has been a single blog post when it started. Most participants only heard of it via word of mouth. The purpose of contests like this is presumably to get attention to the creative section on twitch and attract more broadcasters and viewers. Then you should mention it on your blog and twitter accounts, make some press announcements, and regularly feature online streams of the participants as they're working on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Blocked Auto Hosts

there needs to be a list that blocks channels from auto hosting you
    this list would behave just like the channels to host list where you can add channels to the list but would show the recent channels that auto hosted you and you would be able to choose to add them to the list to stop them from hosting your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The majority of streams have some points generation system for games/giveaways and the like. another reason people like to gather points is to show off their "Rank" to the chat (basically an "I have more points than you thing"). I suggest, allowing streamers to have a handfull of custom subscriber icons that they could give to people(sorta like making someone a Mod). Then you would be showing off your Elite Viewership with a cool icon everytime you chat, and jont just whenever you check your points balance :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch Teams are a important part of the Twitch community, and yet we rarely see the team being utilized other than when a streamer broadcasts for that team. The ideas I have to improve the Team experience will not only improve the Team page, but also allow for better promotion, increase networking within Twitch, and give viewers a better experience on a team page.

• Give the default team page it's own 'stream', not for live content but for VoD content.
    - This feature will allow the team lead(s) to showcase different members of the team 24/7
    - If this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have the option to give users the ability to posses badges for accomplishing certains thing within the site. This feature will guaratee and motivate both viewer and broadcaster a like.

Some badges I though of would be:
    Have more than 5 friends.
    Broadcast 3 times a week.
    Over x hours broadcasting.
    Subscribed to 5 channel.
    Not been banned for over x years.
    Has been on twitch for x amount of time.

Etc, let me know what you guys think!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. An option to add "Hide other's vote until the poll is closed" Would be fun, so people vote for what they want rather than have a race between 2 options

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Badges
    Or something show that special needs or something like and stuff

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Teams on Twitch have not been touched or otherwise given support since first launched on Twitch. Teams are a great way to watch or support a group of broadcasters, whether for esports, charity events, or collaboration. There isn't even a way to search for a team on Twitch unless you know specifically where to look (i.e., the broadcaster on said team).

This would be a perfect time to update the format, provide different ways of viewing (i.e., multiple viewing windows from the team page), and make teams easier to find and discover on Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Moderator speaking here.

I think it would be a nice thing to have various Moderator/Editor Badges that indicate how long this user has been Moderator for this Channel already, Just like with the Sub Badges.

If the Badges vary from little changes in the badge itself that are provided from Twitch itself or are customizable by the Channel Owner or even if the Badge stays the same, and it just adapts to the Sub Badge that when you hover your mouse over the badge that it aside from badge indication also displays the duration next to it, like when you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Be able to live stream anime, movies, tv's shows when using Xbox consoles and Playstation consoles.

Be able to live stream tv shows and movies from Crunchyroll, animation, Netflix, Amazon prime videos, etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a viewer leaves, or is banned from Twitch and this viewer was in the top 10 of either / both of the gifted sub / bits leaderboards, the space is still taken but shows blank.

This looks silly. The positions should all shift up to remove the blank space.

Right now, a channel I'm involved in, has a notification to gift a sub to be #1, when that wouldn't be the case at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Leaderboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great if the viewer could resize and reposition streams (and chat). Since I have a 32:9 monitor and when I watch a stream in squad mode about 75% of my monitor is not used if two people are in the squad. If this is not possible at least make it natively possible to have the streams next to each other in stead of forcing it on top of each other.

Making this possible would use almost 100% of my monitor if two people are in the squad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have goal options instead of only a follower goal. A viewer goal which displays my current live viewers as they enter and leave. Also, if I'm meeting the expectations for that goal. For example, Live Viewer Goal 0/3 or Average 3 Viewers 2.7/3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creator Goals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?