Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. Please fix the issue with large portions of chat not going over on raids. Even me, the streamer, is left behind half the time, maybe more. We have resorted to having to shout out the streamer before raiding out, which is just one more thing to have to do. And it's not inactive chatters getting left behind... I'll be sitting there and people will be typing "Did I get left behind?". So, I'll say "Yep, please click the link guys". Then by the time I get into the raided streamers chat... they're already talking about themselves and the greetings are…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to see everyone who has raided me in the past year, but nobody cares about that apparently because I can't find any information about it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So many people don’t raid because they feel the number isn’t big enough. With bots you can edit the messages and remove the number of people raiding. My suggestion is to give people an option to remove the number of people that was raided in. It would help people feel more confident in raiding someone. Still say who raiders just remove the number of people.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Streamers should be able to restrict raids from recently created accounts (e.g., streamer-specified thresholds of 10 minutes, 1 day, 1 week, etc.)

This is useful to combat repeated harassment from people who create new accounts with inappropriate names to raid into channels (esp. of marginalized communities)

While restricting raids to only channels the streamer follows is a possible band-aid, this substantially hampers growth (i.e., cure is worse than the disease) when this account age restriction would solve the trolls we are currently receiving

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I don't want return to find that I've been cycled through 4+ channels I don't want to watch.

I don't care who recommends them for auto-raid, I have them set in my personalized category/channel recommendations as Not Interested.

Not Interested means I am Not interested.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create raid roulette, like video-chat roulette. 2 streamers on the same page and 1 chat. Streamers talk to each other and skip each other, following all the rules of Twitch, unlike regular roulettes. Omegle has been closed, so might be a good opportunity;) Also, streamers could raid without ending the stream, just like coming to visit other streamers. Probably need "open for online raids" feature for this. I guess there's going to be a problem with delay on streams, so streamers with no delay can participate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The raid interface should be changed for both the raider and the raided.

People who could get raided should get to decide minimum parameters (anti bot measure, anti troll measure) for raiding, i.e. view count, how long the raider's stream lasted before raid, who can raid, and so on (im sure this page has a billion option ideas that could be used)

The raiders:

Get to pre-select a group of channels they would like to raid.
    Once you decide to raid, the channels that are in the group and live are listed.
    The list is ordered by stream age or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Theres a channel I watch regularly, they stream late and I'll often fall asleep with it still playing and thats fine.

But then long after they have gone offline one of their mods will raid the offline channel into their own, I'm not interested in this channel and I dont want my ipad or browser suddenly in the middle of the night firing up a stream because that mod decided they wanted to viewbot with some free afk viewers

There should be options in the mobile apps to not follow raids, there should be limits on how long after a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would be nicer if the button could give an reason for the "Raid Stop" button

Like "This channel closed the raid due is ending the stream" because is a bit ankward to raid a person and the answer be the generic "raid settings do not allow you to raid at this time".

The raider could think this channel doesn't want ANY raid at all and never come back ever.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. What if @twitch communities could “Air Drop” Bits, Gift Subs, Donations etc. during a raid?

A Streamer starts a raid & a timer begins & the viewers from the channel raiding “Fill the Air Drop” (A Crate/Giftbox etc.) & AFTER the raid begins but BEFORE the support drops, Twitch sends an alert to the top of the chat of channel being raided indicating ”Air Drop Incoming!” w/ a countdown timer & pic/gif of the Crate/Giftbox w/ a parachute attached to it & when the countdown hits 0, ALL that support drops into the chat of the (small 🥺) channel being…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to have the option to restrict raids from people based on the category they streamed in. That's it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A outgoing and incoming raid history would be super helpful. I tend to like to return the raid but often can not remember who I've raided recently and who has raided me.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option for aleatory raids with filters... Language, game or same public.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For some reason, you can go to your dashboard and initiate a raid to another channel even if you aren't live. This is frequently used for trolling and the reason why many people (myself included) have set the minimum number of viewers for incoming raids to 2.

Since raiding is supposed to be a feature to take your viewers with you to another streamer, it makes no sense that you're able to do this while offline. Please fix it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Y'all want a lit stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When choosing who to raid to it can sometimes be difficult if you have multiple people online that you want to raid to. How about a feature where the streamer can opt to either raid out to a single person or split the raid between 2 or 3 others.

Single raid target - Works the same way as normal

Multi raid target - The chat would get to choose which of the two people they would like to join. So Raid Target A might gain 15 people and Raid Target B might gain 20 people from the raid. Any chatters…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give streamers or their moderators the ability to accept or deny incoming raids, with a default state to be set by the streamer. At the moment streamers can choose to only be raided by friends or teammates, which increases safety at the cost of discoverability. This will give some peace of mind in the midst of hate raiders.

Alternatively, a moderator command to "Purge all raiders", if a raid has been malicious - a one stop shop to time out / ban all accounts that came in with a recent raid.

323 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. once a raid is initiated by the streamer any streamers planning to raid in should be given a notification that the current stream they want to raid into is in the process of raiding another streamer.

this would help with instances of when someone raids into a stream that has already raided out leaving them in an empty chat.

possible solution: having a notification pop-up letting Streamer B know that Streamer A is currently in the process of raiding another person. accompanied with a button allowing Streamer B to "cancel raid" or "join the raid", which would let them group…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For streamers that have their viewer count turned off on their dashboard (or make a better setting) do not display viewer count in chat or api/webhook/etc.

For an ever growing number of streamers that number causes negative mental health issues. To help those streamers have a better experience on the platform hiding this information will help.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Due to personality conflict, there are a number of streamers in the VR community that have me banned, and that I have banned. The amount of times I end up in their streams following a raid from another VR streamer is becoming paramount. I don't want to become a stat for me ending up in their chat, and not being raided out from their channel, and vice-versa.

If a streamer is raiding you into a channel that you are banned from, you do not automatically join the raid.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?