Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. Give an option to flag your twitch that you're ending soon and wish not to be the target of a raid. Often times I see streamers get raided close to when they would be ending and are put in a position to have to either a) stream longer than they wanted to or b) be overly apologetic out of guilt, especially if it was a sizable raid. I think it would make a nice feature for the creator dashboard quick actions.

367 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I raid from the stream manager a lot of times, to quickly choose one of the people I follow. But in order to know for how long they've been streaming (and not raid someone that's about to end), I always need to open another tab, look for their stream, and check.

It would be very useful to have their uptime next to the amount of people watching them :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give us a way to set a list of streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from.

Currently the only options for limiting raids are

Allow all raids,
    Only allow raids from friends, teammates, and followed channels,
    & Block all raids.

Occasionally raids from particular communities my prove disruptive for the receiving community, and we may not wish to take the step of banning the streamer outright. Being able to specify specific streams we do or do not wish to receive raids from would allow us a greater deal of control without resorting to the heavier step…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a warning while raiding if the streamer being raided has follower only/sub only chat enabled. A couple of times, I have raided streamers that have follower only mode enabled, but because I was already following them, it was not obvious at the time. A lot of people get turned off by follower only mode, and it would be good to be warned of this before locking in the raid, and giving the opportunity to raid elsewhere instead

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The streamer who raids will appear highlighted or otherwise. They could appear with a box around their name as "first time chatters" do, perhaps denoted as "Recent Raider" or simply "Raider".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make raids only accessible to affiliates and partners of Twitch.

This will help counter the current hate raid issues.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I love the new dashboard, BUT I need to see the channel I want to raid AFTER the raid.

Raided channels and their viewers interact and say thank you, I need to see that after the raid to say hi and such

426 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  6 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have recently seen a new mass raid bot appear in the wild in multiple channels within days of each other, with 2 variations of either many hundreds of users or just 1. The only current way to 'solve' the issue is set raids to Network (friends, followed etc) or None (block), this does not give enough control though.

Issues:
    * Twitch posts a non-deleteable raid message
    * No control over mininum number of viewers in a raid

As a moderator I have no way to help the broadcaster in a situation in which a raid bot appears.

Solutions:
    *…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The current allowing/blocking raid options are very limited and should be more customizable. I think "Only allow raids from friends, teammates, and followed channels" should be split up so you can filter out raids from followed channels but can keep the other two because i follow a lot of channels that i wouldn't want to raid me but i still want friends to be able to raid me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Popular streamers instructing their viewers to go grief another streamer should be means for at least a suspension, & in some cases a permanent ban. I'm using hal as an example because he's a big streamer & its a recent one. TSM_ImperialHal had his chat go and grief another streamer over his appearance because he landed on him in a video game. He stopped his stream & they started attacking the guys girlfriend. There wound up being death threats sent to the poor guy. No action taken against hal. Its the most petty & childish thing but it happens regularly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having a random floating bar is very intrusive. The currently hosted channel should be shown in activity (or somewhere, anyway, maybe a dedicated panel) instead.

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like a toggle to completely disable raid messages in my chat or at least the option to set a minimum size the raid needs to be to actually show in my chat. I can set minimums for all of my overlays through third party websites but I can't set a limit on raid messages showing up in chat. "BillyBob69 is raiding with a party of 2" just so they can get a shout out and recognition is annoying. Thank you <3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A suggestion would be to put a temporary icon identifying the user as the stream raider next to their username in the chat of that stream that lasts for several chat messages/set time period and then disappears. This can be used to give extra visibility in the chat for the raiding streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When someones banned from multiple channels, and than when someone hosts or raids that person id like it to auto opt me out of that. Its just depressing. I think people mess up and shouldn't need reminded everyday of that one bad day.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Raids are generally used to introduce one or more audiences to other streamers.

Right now, there is one method of raiding: You click the raid channel button, you're brought up a list of live channels you are following.

I believe that the creator should be given a list of all live channels in the category they are streaming. That way they can pick a live channel that they may not be following. Introducing an element of RNG into raiding could greatly open up the platform to a wider audience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Raids are to turn the viewer on to relevant content, not watching a streamer gratuitously raid their lover. Limit raid repeats so raids are for viewers and other streamers, and not the raider and his *** life.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. En el tema de las raids, como futuro streamer, saber de alguna forma si ha sido suspendido por un tiempo, al que le envió mi comunidad, por ser tóxico, injurias en redes, etc. Antes de ejecutarla, por ejemplo, un mensaje : Recomendable, poco recomendable, no recomendable. Sería una forma de seguridad. Gracias por su tiempo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For frequent Raiders, sometimes we want to make new friends in the community. Sometimes those raids don't go as planned and the new friend goes offline, or the raid simple isn't appreciated and you run into someone rude. Or, you're raided by a community that comes in and is rude. I would like to see the ability to forward our raids onto another community if the initial raid isn't someone you follow.
    Also, as a raider along for the ride, the opportunity to stay with the raided streamer or move along to another one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Genial el panel nuevo de control. Sería genail poder adaptar con plantillas variadas el diseño visual que ven los espectadores tal como ocurre en streamlabs o OBS. Por otra parte fomentar el RAID de canales pequeños y mantener la motivación de los streamers más pequeños con premios o recompensas de algun tipo. Por lo demás, Twitch ha cambiado mucho y ahora se configura y se maneja mucho mejor!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to raid a fellow streamer and have your cam feed displayed on their channel. Obviously with the raided streamer being notified the the “raider wants to share their cam” which can be accepted or denied or auto set to only allow cam raids from those you know or over a certain number of viewers raiding only visible for a certain amount of time etc. This would be a great benefit to introduce the streamers to not only each other but other viewers too. So much better than the raider being restricted to chat only. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?