Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

144 results found

1. I have had VODs unpublished due to things like detecting copyrighted content in a game I was playing, which is fine on it's own. I can just republish the VOD, or allow the clip to be muted, and any subsequent VODs due to forgetting to switch VOD publishing back on can be republished. However, the chat does not re-associate with any clips made that stream even when the VOD is published again. I would appreciate having the chat available for these moments, especially when the stream JUST happened.
    It's also unfortunate that a VOD's expiry deletes the chat replay from…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Interest  ·  1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The recent change to limit the editing and deletion of featured clips to only the channel owner may not be the best solution. It would be better to provide an option for the OP to request for deletion as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give users the ability to transfer ownership of clips they have made from one account to another but, have it on a cool down after they do it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The clip editing system is sensational. It saves time and also money, as there are websites that require you to pay to do this service.
    But I believe there are still some "simple" tools that will help a lot.
    - Cut the clip. There are some clips that you are not interested in at the beginning or end of it, but there is no trim option. With that in mind, the cutting tool would be interesting, which allows you to cut the video timeline and edit it however you want (only in the clip, obviously).
    - Option to customize my…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let users be able to hide their names from clips but, add the options for creators and mods to delete clips and ban users temporary or permanently.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Now that the featured clips have gone live people are now going to random streams and spamming clips in random moments in vods. I was hoping that maybe there'd be a way to delete all clips from certain users on your channel. Like an option by their name when you click on the clip that says "delete all clips from this user." It would make things a lot easier than having to go through and select them all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let us edit clips we made during stream afterward!

Now that the Moments beta is being rolled back, I'd love to see parts of Moments brought to regular clips. My favorite part of Moments as a streamer was being able to clip something mid-stream and then easily be able to edit it right after the stream.

I could use markers mid-stream and go clip things that I marked afterward, but it's difficult scrubbing through the entire vod to get the right clippable window for each marker. (I have tried this, it's such a pain that it never ends up happening)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I love to make clips, it's one of my favorite ways to interact with the community. I think I'm well over 1000 clips created at this point, mostly from one streamer's channel. Trying to find anything is a nightmare. The best way I've found to search is to sort by date and scroll until I think I'm in the range of the clip I want, press ctrl+F, and type in a word I think is in the title. Then, because I can't read more than one or two words from the title column, I have to guess which one on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When Editor views the Clips page of the Creator Dashboard for the streamer of which they are an Editor, the "Clips I've Created" view shows list of clips the streamer has created. This is a list of clips the streamer has created on other channels, so the language "Clips I've Created" is incorrect and causes confusion to the person with Editor role.
    It should say "Clips [Streamer Name] Created". I feel like it used to say that, but I can't remember for sure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new clip editor distorts audio, making it over modulated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please show view count for Clips in Discovery Feed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add a Like and Dislike Button for Clips in Discovery Feed so that we see more clips we would like

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bien cuando creas un clip y le dices que quieres poner tu nick, te lo pone siempre en horizontal, bien os recomiendo que pongáis más de una posición, por ejemplo a la izquierda girado 90 grados sólo con el nombre sin más añadidos, o que el propio streamer suba una marca de agua que se pueda poner en la posición que el mismo quiera, no creo que sea tan difícil de implementar y a muchos les puede gustar la idea de personalizar su marca de agua en la posición que ellos quieran.

Saludos y espero os guste mi sugerencia.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Found a bug where clip creation button isn't visible unless video is opened in popout player; furthermore, in popout player, the clip button is there but neither it nor the keyboard shortcut work

https://www.loom.com/share/79245a7bb1e04c989c86cd6bf541f25d?sid=cae27017-1baf-47b7-b5fa-a7a80985bf5d

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

15. Recently Twitch changed something in the Twitch clips editor. I have now TWICE deleted ALL MY CLIPS on accident! I have NEVER had this issue before, and this is driving me crazy!! PLEASE add a double warning or SOMETHING... or a REVERSE option because this is super frustrating! I try to delete ONE clip and then suddenly they are ALL GONE!! ugh

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

16. Please create a way that any user can curate their own playlist of favourite clips. Currently, people only have access to a list of clips they've personally made in their dashboard, but it would be great to be able to add clips across many channels to a single playlist regardless of who created them. Many people already do this off-site anyway, and clips that you haven't personally created are difficult to find. It would be great to see a way for people to bring all their favourite moments to one convenient place.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

---

17. Hello!

Us music streamers have the issue of not being able to publish our vods due to DMCA. That means it becomes really difficult to make clips for the new clipping feature on Twitch and uploading them elsewhere.

I have plenty of segments I'd love to clip, but as of now, I have to download the entire stream and edit them myself into segments and then reupload everything. This just doesn't feel very smooth and does not really work well with twitch atm.

I don't believe it would that difficult to make possible. Plez?

Kind Regards,
    mLetting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey I was hoping we could get some more flexibility with the clip editor; especially having an adjustable cam frame that could be circular or vertical like the one combo has.

If the built in clip editor could be a little more flexible like combo or similar websites that'd help a lot in making it more usable for creators!

Examples:
    -vertical cam frame up top, game on bottom
    -Circle cut-out of cam frame up top, game on bottom
    -Blurred background option (like the one on combo)
    -Simple editor to cut length of clip
    -add hashtags
    -direct upload to tiktok as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When the broadcaster is reviewing a past broadcast in the Highlighter it would be helpful to be able to create clips from that screen as well.

Currently you need to Watch the past broadcast (Or publish it, then watch), move to the desired timestamp and then create your clip.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Screenshots:
    https://i.imgur.com/9UTWcep.png
    https://i.imgur.com/yholAJa.png

Problem:
    The columns for Channel, Featured, Created, and Views are all obscenely wide, which leaves no room at all for the Title. Now we can only see the first word of the titles, making it much too hard to identify clips without clicking on every single one.

Solution 1: Widen column for title, and narrow columns for Channel, Featured, Created, and Views.

Solution 2: Give users the ability to adjust the column width ourselves by dragging lines left and right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?