Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

782 results found

1. Audio ads less disruptive. I am never going to reply to an ad, I am FORCED to listen to dozens of times. I already buy cheetos, I shouldn't have to listen to that music countless times an hour. It makes me mute ALL ADS. Find another revenue stream. It is ******* people off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ads that arent loud, i have one pepsi ad (finnish one with anna abreu) where the ad starts with a loud bang/crackling sound

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove Neekolul from Amazon Music Advertisements and Twitch in general. I just received an ad on a Twitch channel for Amazon Music that had Neekolul promoting it. Why is she being given business opportunities by Twitch/Amazon? She was charged with Domestic Assault in 2018 (https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/abuser-playing-victim-neekolul-s-domestic-abuse-story-backfires). I don't even know why she is allowed to continue streaming. It seems like there are double standards.

I'd like a reply to this. PLEASE VOTE THIS TO GET THEIR AWARENESS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When collaborating with other streamers it would be great to be able to sync ad managers to run the ad spots at the same time on each stream so the streamers can plan the same breaks at the same time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This isn't really an idea, more so my personal opinion on how the site is working, maybe it will be taken into consideration when making future decisions. There isn't a single stream on this, or any site, and there never will be, that I consider worth sitting through minutes worth of ads. If I'm watching a stream and I see more than two 15-second ads, I immediately leave. Every time. If I have ever accidentally sat through them, then I wasn't actually watching the stream, and just had it running in the background. I don't really know how you could…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Não há nada mais frustrante para um viewer do que o streamer estar encerrando uma transmissão ou enviando uma raid e a Twitch exibir uma quantidade enorme de anúncios enquanto o streamer se despede do chat, e então, quando a transmissão é de fato encerrada, a exibição dos anúncios é interrompida, e há casos em que, quando isso acontece, o viewer não é levado para o canal que recebeu a raid. Isso é uma falha gravíssima de usabilidade da plataforma, e que não deveria ser tão difícil assim de ser consertada, até porque seria uma melhoria de qualidade de vida…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamers receive notifications when a viewer comments for the first time. As a frequent commenter, I plan around this, but have often received ads directly after my first comment in small streams. When I return, the streamer is talking about the topic I brought up in my comment. I can’t help but feel they are responding but I have no idea because I was forced to watch them talking without audio with an ad in my view. Can these ads be visual only? Can I have some time after my first comment to hear what they say? If they are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ads keep interrupting stream and making stream unwatchable. I have been reporting this issue via the cog but this issue is not being addressed!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There seems to be an issue with ads. When I'm watching a stream Twitch shows way too many ads, like it's way too many more than shown on tv, way more ads than any marketing expert would advice you to show, way too many ads than any person with common sense would want too see. Not only there are too many, they are long af. I will change platform before you force me to pay because the streams are unwatchable for how many ads you put. Jesus!! chill with the f ads!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Just because I live in Canada, does not mean I speak that language. I heavily dislike that you guys force these horrible ads on us.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've had Turbo since it's been a thing but I just randomly started getting ads in the middle of streams in the last two days. It's totally random. Sometimes I don't see ads when the streamer runs them, sometimes I do. One of the channels it happened in I was also subbed to. This has happened on both iOS (iPhone 12 Mini) and Microsoft 10 desktop (using Chrome) now. I only have 2 Chrome extensions: Google Docs Offline and FFZ.
    This has NEVER happened before the last 24-36 hours.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, Twitch themselves control when and where the ads appear in VOD's. The issue with that is that Twitch doesn't know where is the appropriate place to place said ads. It should be left to the user, as they can more appropriately place them, as to not disrupt the flow. Just tell the user how many ads and they can place them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. So I understand that running 1:30 worth of ads will get you 30 mins of no pre-rolls and I think this is a great idea. However, 30 mins is a very short period of time to be able to go without interruptions. Even all the educational research shows that a 50 to 10 ratio is what works best for presentations.

1:30 giving you 30 mins of no pre-roll is great, but 3:00 should give you 1 hour that way the streamer can plan their content around the 50 mins of presentation, 10 min break with 3 of that being ads.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When i first started using Twitch RPG, (for those who dont know, Twitch RPG stands for "Research Power Group"; it offers survey's regarding twitch and sometimes gives bits for taking them) it was focused around the viewer experience and features for creators/viewers. Simply put: the survey's were about what would make twitch better.

For the last several years, these survey's have shifted dramatically to nothing but ads. You watch a 10 minute clip of a stream, and the only questions asked are "Did you see any products in this stream? If so, which ones? Do you think these products fit…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There are ads among us with so much flickering, strobe-lights, flashing and contrast switches, colour switches, rapid flash explosions, and ridiculously loud and sudden noises, that it becomes dangerous.

It is unfair to streamers when they can not control the ads that play, and then in their safe community someone gets hurt in their stream because of automatic random ads triggering epilepsy.

When someone is hurt or killed by ads in someone's stream, that streamer often takes on the unfair guilt when they learn of it later on from the person's friends or family.

Here is my solution:
    Imagine someone…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I will NOT sit through 3 minutes of ads. I won't sit through a minute of ads. You know what I do when I hit an ad wall longer than 30 seconds on Twitch? I close the tab and go watch something on youtube instead (seriously). It doesn't help that most of the ads are for food I'll never eat or an immoral army I'll never consider joining. The ad experience on Twitch is an embarrassment. You have too much money as it is, stop being greedy pigs about it. I'm literally NOT watching Twitch streams I otherwise would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. as it is now, adds are force fed to us. they come up unexpected, and loud. its worse than TV, and i am THIS close to installing an addblocker. ive seen many folks online for years talking about addblocker. i never took one, to support my fav streamers. but you now implemented adds, beyond the streamers choice. the viewing expierence has dropped, and i will not take it much longer. be rude to us, i draw the line and install addblocker so i can enjoy my expierence.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We could have either an API that sends a signal for when an ad is about to be played or an option on the Stream Manager that plays something when an ad is about to play.

So at least the streamer is aware of when to pause the game to do a bathroom break or not go in an critical part and make the viewers lose it because of an ad.

That would help some of us with selective focus and don't have 2 monitors to keep track of the ads in a full screen game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Everytime i enter to a channel i see a pre-roll ad and its annoying to say the least, and most of the time (if not everytime) there are 2 ads in total, And that just because i entered a stream. just stop it, its **** the pre-roll ads and everyone gets annoyed by it and probably makes twitch get less money from it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Banner ads appearing on channels I have subbed to. I do not get video ads on these channels. Fix it so subbing stops the banners too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?