Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

341 results found

1. Don't push notifications of a streamer I'm already watching to me. If I've been watching them for 2 hours, then I already know they are live. I don't need another notification later. Especially when they are about to end the stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I forgot the password to my account and didn't receive a single password reset email. I tried to verify my account through customer support but they said they couldn't verify it. Being as I don't have any of the information they request linked to my account other than my email it's a bit redundant. If there was a way of verifying via linked account such as a PlayStation Network account, or via a Discord account, it could make the whole process much easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Every time I put in the code that you sent me it says that it’s wrong and I’m getting pretty annoyed. Please send me the right code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Naam verandering verdienende accounts moet makkelijker gaan.

Voorbeeld: een niet verdienend account (niet partner/affiliate) heeft een naam die een affiliate of partner wil. Dan zou de partner/affiliate een aanvraag kunnen doen voor een naamruil. Dit omdat de partner/affiliate geld verdient voor de twitch site en de non dat niet doet. Zo heeft de verdienende streamer de naam die hij wil.

(volgensmij is dit er alleen voor partners en zou dit voor affiliates ook makkelijker moeten kunnen)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice if twitch loosened restrictions on usernames since so many are taken and they don't seem to get freed up.

For example allowing usernames starting with symbols (_username), as well as adding more symbols for use, such as '-', '/', '.', '|', '~', and other characters.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There should be something such as a page where people can search a username they want in order to check when it will be available.

This is especially necessary because previously used parter usernames are never available again, but as far as anyone is aware, there is no archive or list of those “never available” usernames.

Wanting a username that isn’t being used and trying to change to that username every day without knowing how long you will have to keep trying for it is absolutely exhausting and shouldn’t be something creators have to go through. Make it easier to…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hallo Twitch Team,

mir ist aufgefallen, dass bereits verwendete Links zum Zurücksetzen des Passworts weiterhin funktionieren (9 Stunden nach Verwendung des Links getestet)

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, aber das könnte eventuell ein Sicherheitsrisiko sein

Viele Grüße
    Max Bleh

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am in agreement with people requesting a reduction on the time before you're able to change your username. Even if i have to wait 2 months before i can change it to something else, I've tested out my current username, as of posting this, and have discovered i hate it. If you could revert a user name change in the first 24 hours at least, even if i had to wait 2 months until i try again, it would solve a lot of people's problems with it. I also hate how there's no way of testing out a username…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I tried to use a password that is autogenerated by my password manager. Obviously I won't put that here, but another one generated by it is: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved".
    This is apparently "not secure" and "too easy to guess". Instead I had to make it: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved1!"

Its worth pointing out that adding a password requirement of any kind besides length and restricting obvious dictionary sequences is well known (even by the US government via its most recent NIST standards) to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Maybe a personal opinion but having to search the country code manually by scrolling through the list box is not very intuitive. I would like to suggest have a list of countries followed by their dial code rather than the dial number(country code)

Also the ability to search by text would probably help for lazy people like me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. whenever you follow someone you can chose where you get notified at, Twitter, Facebook, ETC, the ONE reason i don't watch twitch is because i don't know when their live

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow streamers to put out a push notification when they are on somebody else's stream. Allow them to post to social media through the dashboard. Let viewers have the option to turn on this type of notification (similar to how Twitter has notifications for all tweets and live tweets).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I short while ago, I have changed my username from “PeenutShow” to “Peenut__” (three underlines).
    I was happy with the way the new username would be displayed so I went ahead with the change.

Unfortunately, the username does NOT get displayed the way it showed it would. The three “underlines” get displayed with gaps in between like this: “Peenut _ _ _ ”
    To me, this is a big deal because those gaps make the username look silly and absolutely not to my liking.
    I would have NEVER changed the name if your system had shown the future…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I understand Twitch has recently allowed people to use other apps for means of authentication, but please allow users to use U2F/FIDO authentication, this is not only more secure but also very reliable. Having a U2F as primary with a TOTP as a backup is in my opinion the best method of security, given that Affiliate/Partner accounts hold alot of personal Tax information, I feel this fits more as it's such sensitive information.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to find how to change your name on here its honestly been really frustrating. I use twitch currently as a way to watch streamers as I don't stream myself.
    I made this account some time ago with an old name i no longer associate with. So I looked it up to see if its possible and I read that it is and how to do it.
    So I followed the steps on each site meticulously but to no avail was I ever able to even get to an option of changing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

1,139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow a channel owner to sent notifications to followers (such as stream rescheduling or general notices specific to stream such as updates). If this feature does exist, please send me a notice about this as I have not been able to find it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display the exact amount of days left until one is able to change their Username in the Profile Settings.

Currently it just displays the amount roughly rounded up and inaccurate, e.g "You may update your username again in 1 month"

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make asian usernames only visable to people with their browser in that language

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. hello staff!

when im streaming i receive a bunch(my followed channels) of notifications , can you remove them please!?

advantages:

1.- dont distract the streamer
    2.- this will liberate some alert for other users if they are not streaming!
    3.- if we calculate process resources, this can be significant thru a year ($$)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?