Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

334 results found

1. It would be nice if twitch loosened restrictions on usernames since so many are taken and they don't seem to get freed up.

For example allowing usernames starting with symbols (_username), as well as adding more symbols for use, such as '-', '/', '.', '|', '~', and other characters.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There should be something such as a page where people can search a username they want in order to check when it will be available.

This is especially necessary because previously used parter usernames are never available again, but as far as anyone is aware, there is no archive or list of those “never available” usernames.

Wanting a username that isn’t being used and trying to change to that username every day without knowing how long you will have to keep trying for it is absolutely exhausting and shouldn’t be something creators have to go through. Make it easier to…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have wanted to change my twitch username multiple times, but I have decided against it because I do not want to have to go through the process of reintroducing myself to everyone that I have met previously in chats and talk them through me changing username. I am a moderator in multiple channels, and it would create a cluster if I completely changed my username. I think there should be an option when you change your username to TEMPORARILY put your old username in parenthesis next to your new username to avoid this issue. (An example of what I…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PHONE NUMBER BUG. I removed my phone number from an old account and now that phone number cannot be used on any account even the on it was on before. FIX THIS SO I CAN USE TWITCH.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My YouTube channel was unlink, but it was working completely fine before. I didn't log out or anything of the sort. It was just working the other day, and only stopped working today. IDK what happened, but now I can't relink it. It only shows up with "Make sure the email you used for Twitch is the same as your google account." If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix it, pls let me know.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a feature like youtube where you can add peoples emails to your account so those people using the emails can access your channel, like download, delete and highlight videos, etc. Ofc not sensitive info like payment methods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get rid of the 4 letter policy and allow 3 letter names again!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I understand Twitch has recently allowed people to use other apps for means of authentication, but please allow users to use U2F/FIDO authentication, this is not only more secure but also very reliable. Having a U2F as primary with a TOTP as a backup is in my opinion the best method of security, given that Affiliate/Partner accounts hold alot of personal Tax information, I feel this fits more as it's such sensitive information.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/two-factor-authentication?language=en_US#Emotes?tt_content=two_factor_emote_rewards&tt_medium=notification_center it says that "When you set up Two-Factor Authentication on your account, an Authy account is automatically created for you even if you choose to actively use an alternative authentication app. This means you can fill out Authy’s Phone Change Form and recover access to your account." I don't need you creating an Authy account behind my back. You have to give us the option to undo this.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a personal account and an account to stream with my trivia company. I would like to be able to switch between them without logging out. More importantly, I'd like them each to have their own themes--currently if I log out of one and into the other, it still uses the custom theme I built for the other account. Any changes I make with persist if I switch accounts again. Bind layouts saves to accounts locally / store them in the cloud but also allow users to share their layouts (or access any layout saved locally).

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display the exact amount of days left until one is able to change their Username in the Profile Settings.

Currently it just displays the amount roughly rounded up and inaccurate, e.g "You may update your username again in 1 month"

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I tried to use a password that is autogenerated by my password manager. Obviously I won't put that here, but another one generated by it is: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved".
    This is apparently "not secure" and "too easy to guess". Instead I had to make it: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved1!"

Its worth pointing out that adding a password requirement of any kind besides length and restricting obvious dictionary sequences is well known (even by the US government via its most recent NIST standards) to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This may require a bigger team of course to implement, but I just signed up for a freelance website and the sign up process, is actually an application to use this site. I was required to verify my identity via uploading a photo of my ID AND a verifying statement such as a paystub, utility bill, etc. And also address verification (or at least a mailing/billing address) which should be added to the account anyways since payment information is stored for subscriptions.

I know that twitch has a younger population so that may not work, but it may also be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Now that Twitch has enabled streamers to require phone number verification to use their chat, I and many others have had to add a verified mobile number to my account. The problem, however, is I can now reset my password via SMS, which I did not ask for. This is especially problematic because Twitch's 2FA solution can also be bypassed via a phone number that's required to set up 2FA at all, even if the user has a secure authenticator app, meaning an attacker with access to the user's phone number can defeat both factors. Twitch just suffered a data…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice to receive notifications when my clips are deleted by the system (with an indication of the reason) or by a streamer.
    Sometimes it is unclear whether clip violates the rules or simply failed to create.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reduce the amount of cooldown after a name change, I have had to wait for 6+ months to get my name changed after I accidentally changed my name. I didn't get a reply from support after 6 months either, so I had to wait it out.
    Even when you change your name you might not even be able to get the name back, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Having to wait 6+ months to get your name back and yet not be able to get it is something that needs to be changed when I accidentally changed my name…

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to have an option that whenever you are live, and you change the category of what you are currently streaming, that new "go live" notifications (push, email, etc.) are sent out to followers. Even if it takes several minutes for these notifications to go out, it would be beneficial. There are times when a certain game (or category) is being streamed that followers might not have an interest in watching, but should you change to a game (or category) that they might be interested in watching while you are already live, having new notifications being sent out…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's 2021 New Era.
    Time for Twitch to get out of its thick skin.
    All Technical Twitch issues, some 99% of which arise from BOTS accounts.
    This is a FAQ last days BOT attacks. and suspect Ddoss.

Twitch management Its Thick headlines Don't leave any suggestion through their thick skin. and deny well-meant security to streamers and viewers. to build in.

now talking takless
    Foreword bots.
    - Spam bots.
    - FOllow bots.
    - Hostbots.
    - Scam bots.
    Started last weeks before Christmas. attacks from bots.
    and server problems worldwide on Twitch. and DDos attacks.
    (ddoss I suspect also comes with…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The site https://meetups.twitch.tv/ does not have the ability to change email addresses and does not respect email address change to your twitch account.

Ideally when a user changes their twitch email address it should update all twitch operated sites like feedback, uservoice, dev forums, etc where your twitch account is used to log in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Que aparezcan todas las conexiones de twitch con otras cuentas por que no aparecen todas y no puedo eliminar una en especifico que quiero

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?