Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

334 results found

1. Please also support the Brave browser which is Chrome based. You remove me like that, if not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. One of the charities channel owners I stream for uses StreamerBot, SB from here on. Many of the commands and such are on his PC. He's not able to share the commands and such when he uses SB as SB has the user sign into their Twitch account. It would nice to allow people who stream for charities to use there own password for logging into the channel, but only as a non-admin. So let's say I want to stream for the charity and use SB. I cannot use SB right now as it calls for me to sign into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the phone number without need the linked account

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please Fix 2 fa so it works with all phones. I am currently having to find a work around because MY cell carrier is NOT supported. it is preventing me from getting my affiliate that is B.S. There should be another option to authenticate other than cell phone OR your system should just send a code out to what ever # i put in even if it is not on some list. this is crazy as my Number works for every other site on internet!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I emailed support a while ago and was told that developers are working on the idea. I was hoping if we could get support on reinstating follow dates that were accidently lost before unfollow confirmation was implemented. Many people accidently unfollowed accounts or lost following so lost their follow dates and by providing proof people should be able to reinstate these dates. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Consistently and annoyingly often I receive “unexpected errors” or similar when requesting password reset (which leads to me not being able to reset password for DAYS) or most recently being unable to simply add and verify my mobile number. It’s ridiculous and needs to be fixed. I cannot chat in some chats because they are verify only. Fix the whole app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The option to verify a twitch account with the amazon account that's linked to it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keep with a normal password requirement but lose the 2 factor junk. If someone enters their password wrong too many times temporarily lock the account and have the user unlock the account through their email while also advising the user of the attempts. This doesn't fix the issue of bad actors who know a users account name (unless user name and id can be seperate?) - giving the user a headache from having to keep unlocking their account through their email, but it doesn't/shouldn't inconvenience the majority of other users.
    I don't want 2 factor junk but am forced to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you select the "Prime gaming loot" button to the left of the notifications button, you are shown a list of notification of the possible loot to claim and for most you are able to clear these by clicking on the 'x' and it disappears but if it's the last of these notifications clicking the 'x' does nothing.

This was seen on chrome, ever since that tab's been updated to show the "All", "Free Games" and "Ending Soon" tabs

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have two accounts and i want to swap usernames. Unfortunately, twitch does not support swap usernames even if you own both accounts.

if I did it the way we have changing username system right now. I will have to wait 6 months for the name I changed released again to available pool IF happens.

They mentioned in FAQ abandoned usernames might NOT BE RELEASED for some unknown reason! Even after 6 months passed!!

we want a guaranteed safe way to swap names easily like Twitter. why we can't do that? just let us swap names like any other website.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While using Firefox Multi-Account Containers, it is not possible to log on into Twitch.
    The returned error message is always "Your browser is not currently supported.". Logging in on the same Firefox instance (ver. 108.0.1) without using a container for Twitch works. According to the web developer tools, there seems to be a problem with the Integrity service, especially a non-descriptive cloudfront error resulting in a 400 http error code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Many old games do not have round-the-clock LIVE broadcasts. Please enable a Live Category Notification so that, on the rare occurrence that a streamer is broadcasting a category of interest, we can at least have the option to tune in and show support. Many retro streams and streamers are going unnoticed, despite broadcasting categories with large follower bases.

Many of us are more interested in tuning in to our favorite games, rather than our favorite channels. Please make that easy for us by sending us notifications when our followed categories go LIVE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The password recovery with the email is not working (checked and not the email provider's fault). I tried to solve it with the support but after a handful of emails they just closed the ticket with this: they really want to help, but cannot. I just wanted them to send that recovery mail to the email adress that belongs to that twich account but they "unfortunately cannot help".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. macOS Ventura is officially released to the public and now Safari 16.1 has WebPush support. But while other websites are working with WebPush Twitch notifications are not working. I get the notification button and when I click I do not get the prompt to allow permissions this is only happening on twitch other sites are showing the prompt correctly. I get no notifications when people go live. I have tried clearing cache and checking my setting but it still not working. This is the same WebPush as Firefox and Chrome so resolving this issue should not be a big project.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think that including the stream category directly in the notification, can save us some space. And no more need to specify it when I launch my stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. when I log into my account sometimes it says im on new device or location, but im not, it hasnt moved and i used it earlier today. and then it bugs me for an email code and so forth.
    very annoying. shouldnt happen.
    thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. TWITCH RPG Sign Up in Taiwan ask for enter lastname for least two character, even for Chinese. But most of Chinese user do have only one Character in their lastname.
    Please fix that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I just received a marketing notification for a free skin for Callisto Protocol, despite having marketing notifications turned off. Please keep marketing notifications OFF, or at least limited to the Prime Loot dropdown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I went to change my password today and had my password manager generate a random 100 character password. Twitch said "That password is too easy to guess" and points me at a page that just says it needs to be "at least 8 characters long". I get the same error with length 90 and 80. Through trial and error, apparently 71 is the maximum usable length.

It's unclear why there's a maximum limit, so I'd recommend removing that. Otherwise, the error message should indicate what the actual problem is.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here