Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. This may require a bigger team of course to implement, but I just signed up for a freelance website and the sign up process, is actually an application to use this site. I was required to verify my identity via uploading a photo of my ID AND a verifying statement such as a paystub, utility bill, etc. And also address verification (or at least a mailing/billing address) which should be added to the account anyways since payment information is stored for subscriptions.

I know that twitch has a younger population so that may not work, but it may also be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Now that Twitch has enabled streamers to require phone number verification to use their chat, I and many others have had to add a verified mobile number to my account. The problem, however, is I can now reset my password via SMS, which I did not ask for. This is especially problematic because Twitch's 2FA solution can also be bypassed via a phone number that's required to set up 2FA at all, even if the user has a secure authenticator app, meaning an attacker with access to the user's phone number can defeat both factors. Twitch just suffered a data…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to receive notifications when my clips are deleted by the system (with an indication of the reason) or by a streamer.
    Sometimes it is unclear whether clip violates the rules or simply failed to create.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reduce the amount of cooldown after a name change, I have had to wait for 6+ months to get my name changed after I accidentally changed my name. I didn't get a reply from support after 6 months either, so I had to wait it out.
    Even when you change your name you might not even be able to get the name back, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Having to wait 6+ months to get your name back and yet not be able to get it is something that needs to be changed when I accidentally changed my name…

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to have an option that whenever you are live, and you change the category of what you are currently streaming, that new "go live" notifications (push, email, etc.) are sent out to followers. Even if it takes several minutes for these notifications to go out, it would be beneficial. There are times when a certain game (or category) is being streamed that followers might not have an interest in watching, but should you change to a game (or category) that they might be interested in watching while you are already live, having new notifications being sent out…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's 2021 New Era.
    Time for Twitch to get out of its thick skin.
    All Technical Twitch issues, some 99% of which arise from BOTS accounts.
    This is a FAQ last days BOT attacks. and suspect Ddoss.

Twitch management Its Thick headlines Don't leave any suggestion through their thick skin. and deny well-meant security to streamers and viewers. to build in.

now talking takless
    Foreword bots.
    - Spam bots.
    - FOllow bots.
    - Hostbots.
    - Scam bots.
    Started last weeks before Christmas. attacks from bots.
    and server problems worldwide on Twitch. and DDos attacks.
    (ddoss I suspect also comes with…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The site https://meetups.twitch.tv/ does not have the ability to change email addresses and does not respect email address change to your twitch account.

Ideally when a user changes their twitch email address it should update all twitch operated sites like feedback, uservoice, dev forums, etc where your twitch account is used to log in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Que aparezcan todas las conexiones de twitch con otras cuentas por que no aparecen todas y no puedo eliminar una en especifico que quiero

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Before suspending users with inappropriate names, could you instead give them a 5 day warning to change? The suspension without warning seems very unnecessary if a person has had it for the longest time and suddenly got suspended. I believe lots of people could stop clogging suspension appeals with this, especially those who aren't genuine trouble makers with their names and people deserve second chances! Especially with usernames, my friend got suspended and there was no clear heads up on their suspension. They were watching a stream and bop! Banned without warning and for having an average name that never…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Many sites and developers will request ridiculously over-broad permissions when establishing a new connection. At present this can be worked around by altering the URL to trim excessive permissions, but is a hassle for sites that require re-authing every few days.

Adding checkboxes to each of the requested permissions to allow account-holders to remove over-requested (data-scraping) permissions and unsafe permissions would alleviate this greatly.

The only risk would be the third-party site erroring if an actually-used permission is deselected by the end user, while enhancing privacy prevention and user control to slap away over-invasive marketing data collection attempts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The authentication page for viewers, should have a dark mode.

Either set by ?queryString or autodetect the users Twitch theme selection (or both)

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notifications are consistently failing its purpose, they notify users that we are live after 4-6 hours, this is terribly detrimental and force creators to use third parties to allow their communities to know they are live, also impacting their success and by extension, Twitch's success.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My church is on twitch and a gentleman who set up the account and cameras also created the twitch account. I do the camera work, though, during the services.

Last week, the laptop we use to monitor the stream decided it wanted to verify it was us. I logged in and asked my partner to check his email and give me the code. He had forgotten his phone. Ugh.

It would be nice to choose options on how we want to get code: text or email. I could use my phone number to get the code that way and he…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a better way for old people using the app or have a human suport to help new users on how to create a new account. I have did a tutorial it my self that can be accessed here http://djrudphd.com.br/entrartwitch/ but I gess that is not enough . I guess a that a phone number should be get automaticaly when on a form starts to be filled and after it be sent, Twitch could sent login infos in an SMS with login infos or a button or a link to do the first login where user can fill other options…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When an account gets banned it doesn't have access to the connections pannel anymore and so we can't unlink accounts (such as Steam, RiotGames or Epic Games accounts etc.) from it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Don't push notifications of a streamer I'm already watching to me. If I've been watching them for 2 hours, then I already know they are live. I don't need another notification later. Especially when they are about to end the stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Now that sub/bit badges etc have been added to display on your profile when someone clicks on your name in chat. It would be nice to have the ability to hide these from public view if you want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I forgot the password to my account and didn't receive a single password reset email. I tried to verify my account through customer support but they said they couldn't verify it. Being as I don't have any of the information they request linked to my account other than my email it's a bit redundant. If there was a way of verifying via linked account such as a PlayStation Network account, or via a Discord account, it could make the whole process much easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow streamers to put out a push notification when they are on somebody else's stream. Allow them to post to social media through the dashboard. Let viewers have the option to turn on this type of notification (similar to how Twitter has notifications for all tweets and live tweets).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?