Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

235 results found

1. New smart tv apps and PS5 apps remove ability to chat and add an over 30 second delay

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For the last week or so I keep getting the “oh bummer” message while watching a stream. Only way to get it working again is to close the app and open it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. so I have this problem for over 1 year and I'm sure it's not from my end. The thing is when a streamer that I watch (any of them) decides to end their stream and raid someone else, I can't follow the raid train neither on the TV app (its an LG SmartTV) nor on the FireStick TV app. It just stops and I am left on the streamer's recent broascasts page. I would love to use twitch on tv more but this experience is kind of disruptive as I like to leave it on while I do chores around…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please work on the apple tv app. I'm begging you! I want to be able to view stuff with filters other than just language. When I go to a category like "just chatting" I have no idea how you are organizing the content I see. And "just chatting" is pretty broad, couldn't there be additional filters or tags within that category?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Home tab should have my "Following" channels right on top instead of "Live Channels We Think You'll Like". Or at least make that configurable in settings.
    Having the "Following" as a separate tab is an annoying experience on TV.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On the latest version, you cannot gif rid of the bottom icons while viewing a stream in full screen mode (without chat), and the screen flickers as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While watching certain streamers on my TV app the screen will blink/flash a black screen almost every 2 seconds. I suggest you fix this quick as it will cause seizures. I don’t think you guys would like a lawsuit from me cause you hurt me or a loved one that has issues with situations like this. You’re lucky it hasn’t caused a problem already. Fix it , or I’ll be rich.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bring the ability back to where users with smart TVs will be able to interact with a stream or other people through stream chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. experiencing severe black flickering on my Google tv app (Philips) since the latest update. Kinda unbearable to watch. Please fix

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was updated to a more recent version of the Twitch TV app. The unfollow button is often defaulted, and it is VERY easy to mispress the button.

If I am already following the streamer, this option should be tucked away where it can't be pressed as easily. It is obnoxious, and could undo the user's following date for the streamer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the ability to "View all" videos from the videos section on a channel like it is for PC or Mobile on Samsung Twitch App. At the moment only the last 12 videos can be seen in the list and the other ones can't be reached at all. Waiting for a response. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello, I have a proposition for you! Apparently, in the TV app, the chat filtering for swear words, etc., is not located in the chat setting on TV!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, there is a BUG with Watch Parties in relation to the "streamer window" that moves above chat while the stream from Amazon is happening on the main part.

Since about April 6th or so, I start my stream ("starting soon") in another category (as one can't as Watch Party - ahem ahem...) and the scene shows perfect. Any scene switch shows fine in any gaming category too.

I then start the watch party and the show/movie themselves stream fine. However, MY scene, which moves above chat just the same as when someone's stream moves there during ads, is just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

To clarify, you posted this under TV Apps; are you only noticing this behavior on the TV App, or is this behavior true for when viewing on web? Please let me know. Thanks.

14. After the most recent Twitch app update/redesign for Apple TV, Top Clips is now missing when going into any categories. For example, previously before the most recent update/redesign, one could go into Just Chatting, and at the bottom would be a row of Top Clips within that category. This made finding new streamers and keeping up with the latest news/drama/etc. much easier and more interesting. Please add it back!

Also, the new design looks great! Keep up the awesome work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dark blue usernames in chat can't be read unless you go really close to your TV. Maybe a light mode would fix the problem. I don't know. If not, then Twitch needs to get rid of dark blue usernames. Light blue is easily readable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I just bought an Apple TV in May 2023 and was excited to install Twitch on it. However I am not happy with it. Half the channels that I am subscribed to do not show up in my "Offline followed channels" list. I have to search for them by name! This is silly. I have to go back to casting Twitch from my phone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hola cómo están mucho gusto mi nombre es Daniel quiero hacer una pequeña sugerencia para Twitch ya que tengo muchos bugs en Android TV en la última actualización de enero del 2023 y una que salió el día de hoy 18 de mayo desearía que corrigieran el error de reproducir en calidad de 1080 ya que se congela la imagen cuando uno desea ver en alta calidad no funciona correctamente solo se escucha el audio y la imagen queda capturada en la pantalla y hay que tocar el control remoto para que siga saltando la imagen o que se pueda…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please fix whatever is wrong with the Twitch Samsung TV app available on their hub. The Twitch app works fine on our Sony and LG tvs, but on the Samsung (my main tv) it can't stream over 480p without buffering. I've went through every trouble shooting thing under the sun, including with their techs. Reinstall, uninstall, reset, one foot in, one foot out, did the hookie pookie and turned it all about. Nothing helped. I'm also a Twitch streamer and like to watch parts of my streams with my family on that tv. Think of the children...

I've tested every…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delay was introduced in the latest app update. Prior to this, the latency was <5s, and on par with mobile and web playback. The new Android TV app plays back with a latency well above 15 seconds, which makes it very difficult to interact with streams in a real time manner.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?