Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

232 results found

1. The current version of twitch tv apps is horrible. It lags and cannot 1080p even on vids when it used to do it easily. Also no chat in vods. Seen on fire and android TV

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ok, my Smart TV is a colombian local branded TV but it has webOS 5.4. Basically it is a LG SmartTV because of the model but the branding is 100% from Colombia. My TV is a Challenger with model UHD50LWSMARTBT.

In the LG Content Store, I found the Twitch app: https://co.lgappstv.com/main/tvapp/detail?appId=1004947&catCode1=&moreYn=Y&cateYn=N&orderType=4&headerName=Todas&appRankCode=1&sellrUsrNo=&curPage=2

Unfortunately, this app is not available for Colombia because in my TV I am unable to find it. It's amazing I can find in the store the TikTok app but not the Twitch app... So, my suggestion is to enable the Twitch app TV for Colombia or at least…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have no clue why you decided to remove it in the first place. What's the point of watching a VoD when the chatroom is over 1/3 of the Twitch experience!?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Apple TV has voice controls where you can say to Siri to play/pause or rewind/ fast forward “x” amount of time, if I say these controls to Siri whilst watching twitch VODs Siri just says there’s nothing playing I would be great if this was a feature!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please rollback version 11 to version 9 on Chromecast / appletv.

It's the same for firetv, this version is broken als well since V10, that's why I replaced my firetv with a Chromecast. Now here the same buggy and broken version got released as well. Since you guys don't care at all for your users I think I will just uninstall it or use a third party player.

How can you guys not have ANY QA at all with such a large user base? I don't get it...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Take away the QR code and give chat back to people who do not use a phone to chat we have a fire tv remote that works perfectly fine and not having QR code to scan its a simple fix keep the new look just get rid of the QR code to chat nonsence !

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's unwatchable. Audio skips constantly. Occasionally, it cleans itself up, but not always. I have had to use airplay from my laptop to mod. This is insane! zYou literally broke the app! What the ****?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop sucking. Seriously, how can you possibly make this garbage app worse on every single iteration?!?! The fact that you couldn't save your search tags and had to enter "english" dozens of times a night has now been replaced with not being able to filter at all. And not only that, you can't even SEE the language tag. It's worthless. Don't even get me started on removing the chat feature. I guess I won't be watching Twitch as much any more.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new update is soo laggy and glitchy. You can’t even scroll through the streams correctly without it stuttering or freezing.

The live followed streamers only show so many of your creators, and if you select see more, it takes you to the “following” page where you still don’t see more just what you saw before 😂😂 so I’ve had to manually search for smaller streamers that I know is live based on the mobile app.

It’s so troublesome to find new VOD content.

And also, the audio freezes/stutters every 20-30 seconds and sometimes even worse than that. It gets.…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Apple TV app is now nearly useless because everything is sorted by recommendations instead of viewers, and there’s no way to change it like you can on other platforms. Until Twitch is able to make its recommendations actually be decent, change the default sort back to sorting by viewers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Thank you for your report. We realize the recent experience with different apps, including Apple TV might be frustrating, and we do apologize for that. An underlying change in the technology used to power the Twitch TV application on Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, PS4, PS5, Xbox and Xbox Series X/S devices required us to rewrite those applications, resulting in reduced functionality and features. While our teams work toward improving the experience in the coming months, please continue sharing your feedback with us. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

11. I find the new apple tv app very good, but now when I choose a live stream, the live options do not disappear and it stays in a constant loop, it never disappears. It is very annoying, especially if you only want to watch the stream in full screen.

I hope you can fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for everything!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why did you get rid of chat for vods with the newest update for tv and PlayStation apps. Why not just give an option, don’t just take away. It makes some of the streams I watch pointless now as the chat interaction with it gives it its identity. What a STUPID decision.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The option to view chat on VODs has been removed from the Apple TV and Amazon Firestick apps. I watch VODs a lot and it’s frustrating to hear the streamers replying to messages in chat when I can’t even read what they are responding to. It makes for a frustrating viewing experience.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm using lg tv twitch app and since this morning to the side of the stream the chat is only showing 2 messages at a time

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please restore chat history to Firestick. I frequently watch VODs and now I miss a lot of context because chat history has been removed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The state of Twitch on the Apple TV is fundamentally unacceptable and, if they aren’t already, both companies should be pursuing a lawsuit against their own management for gross negligence and incompetence. The app is UNUSABLE.

Fix the chatting. Fix the ghost notifications. Fix the UI popping in and out of view in a constant, never ending loop. Fix the scrubbing. Fix the emotes.

Holy ******* **** this isn’t a joke - take all the comments here seriously and do something other than sit on your *** while this **** has been broken for WEEKS now. Not even one single…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New smart tv apps and PS5 apps remove ability to chat and add an over 30 second delay

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For the last week or so I keep getting the “oh bummer” message while watching a stream. Only way to get it working again is to close the app and open it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please work on the apple tv app. I'm begging you! I want to be able to view stuff with filters other than just language. When I go to a category like "just chatting" I have no idea how you are organizing the content I see. And "just chatting" is pretty broad, couldn't there be additional filters or tags within that category?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The stream is more than just the streamer and their game, it is also their chat. Not being able to view the chat on a VOD makes it feel like I'm missing part of the stream when watching a VOD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?