Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think it would be useful if the unban request from the user who was banned to be saved in the Usercard just in case mods want to go back to check the unban request even if it was already accepted/denied. Maybe similarly to how the "ban reason" that gets shown in the Usercard under "Bans"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Click on the "Click to reply" button on a message in chat (in browser) ->
    Write a reply ->
    The message to which you are replying is removed before you send the reply ->
    Message is removed from chat ->
    Send reply ->
    The removed message is still (partially) visible in the reply, in the "replying to" header

This may not be the desired behavior. The reply should not (partially) show the deleted message but rather "replying to a deleted message" or similar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I was just in a friends stream chatting, my boyfriend was in the mutual friend's stream. I helped the friend with a puzzle and said "i bet {enter boyfriend's name} wants to kiss me after that big brain play" and auto mod had to verify my chat. I later was talking to my friend about Nazis and Hitler and auto mod was silent. There are often times where i talk about being gay, and the word gay is hit by auto mod. Starting to feel that the auto mod database has a homophobic bias to it. please look into this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  NSFW Filter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. (user in chat)

hello

my idea in users in chat

show list of who subscriber channels

like :

Broadcaster

Moderators

VIPs

subscribers

Users

https://i.imgur.com/UgrRvpR.png

and that all thing i have

thank you for read

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The idea here is that you can type /randomraid and then twitch will locate someone of similar or lesser view count, and in the same game. The goal being that you can meet new people within your own gaming style and network.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a special feature to mods/streamer on chat where you can shoutout a channel, and it will show on top of the chat, like the HypeTrain, giving some emphasis to this channel to be followed when this /shoutout command is used. This will give more opportunity to grow and be noticed to small streamers, when they are shoutout by medium and large streamers. An animated UI with Channel Name, channel profile picture, last game played and a follow buttom will help a lot.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am a very active twitch user, and whisper a LOT of people daily, but after a certain amount of whispers, you MUTE me... and I can no longer whisper.
    There is no explanation, telling me that I sent too many, nothing... so I thought it was a bug, but it turns out you probably have a daily limit. You may want to reconsider that as your platform is quickly growing. Put it up to 200 or something. Or unlimited really, up to you but I hope that you change this feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. no se ven mis comentarios en ningún canal en directo y no estoy baneado

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A chat badge to identify yourself in Twitch chat as a developer.

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I was thinking if twitch had a Badge for streamers, so you know who is a watcher and who is a streamer in chat. That would be a cool way to discover new streamers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am seeing, Bot Follows, Bot Hosts and Bot Viewers. I really don't care about the Bot - Viewers - but the Follows and Hosts are creating false hopes and damaging the New Streamer vibe for those wanting to acquire new viewers with their talent/personality/gaming etc. I think some or maybe more of us would Agree that this would be great if we could reduce the number of bots by implementing some sort of identifier or a bot blocker that could be added to ones streams/channel.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Being able to add slowmode to a specific person. If there's no reason to time them out or outright ban, making it so they can't spam every second. Can slow them down from behind the scenes!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You know when you open chat, and it shows Broadcaster at top, then a moderator category, then VIPs, then regular viewers? Feel like a category should be added for subscribers and followers, and maybe one for twitch bots. So you the broadcaster can know who's actually watching or lurking.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Trolls use stream points to highlight their offensive messages. When a moderator bans them, their regular posts are deleted while the highlighted messages remain visible. The highlighted messages should be deleted as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An easy way for streamers to add a set badge to Trusted chatters so its easier for them and chat to sort through the trash. And might promote less garbage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. For over a year now, many users have to reload the Twitch page to see new whisper.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. If you want to make it easier for users to follow a conversation (which is a good idea, even if this implementation seems messy), let their @ mentions be a separate tab that they can click into and see, rather than cluttering the main chat experience.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat Replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If we fast forward the video then chat history should be retained i.e. from beginning of the video till the forwarded time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. There are so many bots on Twitch. I hate seeing them in my "users in chat" when I look to see who is viewing. like anotherttvviewer, electricallongboard,icewizerd, bingcortana, ect. Can you guys please work on getting these bots off of twitch??

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?