Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

556 results found

1. With Add-Ons like BTTV or FFZ or software like chatterino mod actions can be seen in chat, sometimes it can be very tiring if you make certain decisions and viewers call you out for it assuming it was you.

Also it would be cool if you could edit commands without it being seen in chat ( there used to be a feature like this with nightbot where you put a "." !editcom <command> without it being shown in chat, if anybody knows if this still works please tell me) I can see this being nightbots / streamelements part but maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. La opción de que los mods del canal puedan hacer clips, ya que la mayoría de los streamers deshabilitaron la opción de hacer clips para prevenir el DMCA pero hay momentos graciosos o importantes donde no hace falta un clip, y no que el streamer lo haga y pierda el tiempo haciéndolo, seria muy útil que habilitaran esa funcion :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Moderators on the browser and desktop versions of twitch have incredible access to moderation tools such as mod icons, mod view etc. this makes handling larger chat rooms incredibly easy for a group of mods working together.

Unfortunately I, like many others, am in a position where I am a mod for a larger community, yet am often on the go and find myself using mobile twitch far more often than desktop. This makes it so much harder to keep chat under control, as the current moderation process on mobile is utterly laughable. Messages that would be deleted instantly if…

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. If a user submits an unban request and a moderator makes a comment this information is not stored in their user card. The content of their unban request should appear in their chat history in some capacity, and the moderator's response to the unban should appear in the "Mod Comments" section. Record keeping and communication between mods and streamers is crucial to the safety of a channel.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  5. A lot of the time, users get banned for saying things that could be considered hateful or homophobic in Deere's chat, but it's hard to process an unban request because there is no real context around what was said.

It would be nice to be able to be able to click a message in someone's chat history and be able to expand the rest of the chat around the time the user said said message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be nice if we could have a second chat view that we could be provided with filter criteria, like "following less than X time" or "Account is less than X days old".

A lot of the time, troll accounts are throwaways and it would be easier to catch bad actors quickly, especially in situations such as raids where chat moves fast and it's hard to follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can we possibly get a feature that Mods/Editors of a channel can use to hide certain extremely toxic comments from the Streamer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is not a idea, This is a Feedback report cause reporting feedback took me here so here i am...
    So i'm watching my friend play SuperMarioGalaxy and he just defeated a really hard Giant Kemek Boss and i commented when they finished and autobot flagged it and said it was being checked by mods even tho it's not even related to enything serious
    heres a screenshot of it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634982858326278154/798451023717990400/unknown.png
    at first i assumed it was just a bot flagging the text but then realized it was one of twitch's built-in bots, not a userbot
    i understand that "death" is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. For quite some time, I've been a mod of a channel that has been receiving harassment from people, they arrive with fake accounts (wich nicknames are obviously written to disturb the chat) and follow the channel for their name to be noticed, and it's no use to ban these accounts if they keep coming with new fresh-made fake/bot accounts.

If they are banned they can keep watching the stream and follow the channel which is kind of useless. A way to prevent these people to return needs to be worked.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allowing Mods and Creators to view if a user has been banned from other channels.
    Also updating the Ban function to require a reason for Ban. Just a check list.

e.g. if someone comes into my channel that has been banned from another channel i can see that they have been banned for Harassment or Spamming

Will allow Mods to keep an eye on users bouncing from channel to channel

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. let mods or just everyone look at a channel's logs. Not user logs, the whole channel for each day. I used this on overrustle to check usage of 3rd party emotes (ctrl-f) day to day to optimize them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I think having a Twitch staff member, or a "police presence", present during partnered stream would help mitigate some of the misbehavior coming from both the streamer and viewers at times.

I think having a Twitch staff member present would drastically help resolve issues and correct problematic behavior faster and more efficiently. It would also cut down on the responsibility being solely placed on the streamer/viewer to collect evidence/write a report (that they may not be able to do because it is often made difficult due to how the report feature currently functions, because of a language barrier, or fear…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to create a gifted sub mode and sub mode. I notice watching gta rp that all streamer go to sub mode and still get a toxic chat because of the gifted subs. Either make it two different modes or make it so that the longest following channel gets the sub and not the new ones that hops into other streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  17. Some viewers are getting a 1hr timeout just for subscribing.
    At least we could fix that Twitch blunder with an undo function.

Sometimes viewers are accidentally timeout due to the jumps in chat. Those can be reverted but the new sub timeout cannot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Why not have all available mod actions on the mod view? Or does that make too much sense?
    Mods have to exit mod view to clear chat which a mod action.
    To avoid accidents the "Clear Chat" option could be placed in the menu above.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  19. We need additional buttons at the bottom of the chat next to the "setting" button, such as "subscribers-only mode" and "emote-only mode" instead of open settings or type command, or turn into mod view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A big trend with peoples responses to streamers or users being moderated is the ‘unfairness’ of decisions made and the comparison to other situations while not being aware of the reason for the decisions made.

Suggestion: Create a central, public page, this can be searchable by userid, username (partial/full), message content (p/f). This allows you to find streamers, users, botnets, repeat offenders and provides you a page of the content that caused them to be flagged for moderation + their chat logs.

The details page should show the escalation stage of punishment that users were hit by, thus transparently explaining…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?