Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

558 results found

1. I think it would be useful if the unban request from the user who was banned to be saved in the Usercard just in case mods want to go back to check the unban request even if it was already accepted/denied. Maybe similarly to how the "ban reason" that gets shown in the Usercard under "Bans"

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. There are a host of problems on Twitch and I feel as though this idea could be a solution to some of the bigger ones.

I suggest giving streamers the option to only allow accounts with 2fa to access their channel. Make it an option for the individual streamer and make it toggleable.

In order for this to work, Twitch must do more than just “not allow the user to use chat.” Twitch needs to stop them from accessing the streamer’s channel all together. The same needs to be done for users who are banned/blocked but that is a whole…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Your letting mods decide **** is not the way to go. Don't let them have the power unless 10k more of viewers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a prompt that pops up after a mod bans or times out a chatter. The mod notes in the user card are great but often my team forgets to add them since it's a bunch of extra navigating. Pop in a "why?" when it happens and that would be helpful (also perhaps an option for the message to be sent to the modded chatter??)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sometimes accidents happen, and a mod might accidentally delete a comment too hastily, delete the wrong comment because chat moved, or just simply misclick on chat.

There's an option to unban, but not to undo deleting comments. The comments are still there and visible (if you're a mod, or using the BTTV extension) so there must be a way to un-delete comments when mods make a mistake.

Being able to undo that mistake would help prevent the mod and the person whose comment was deleted feel bad about the situation, especially because ALL the person's previous comments get purged from…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  6. Implementing a flagging/warning system would probably be too complicated, so in the meantime I regularly add "Keep an eye on" messages via Mod Comments as a reminder to myself and also to inform other Mods that a user has been flagged because they caught my attention - just not negatively enough to warrant banning them right away.

It would be nice to have a Log/Record of Mod Comments being added to a User Card because there's no way of knowing unless a Mod specifically communicates that they did so, or you happen to find out by opening the specific User's…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  7. I was just in a friends stream chatting, my boyfriend was in the mutual friend's stream. I helped the friend with a puzzle and said "i bet {enter boyfriend's name} wants to kiss me after that big brain play" and auto mod had to verify my chat. I later was talking to my friend about Nazis and Hitler and auto mod was silent. There are often times where i talk about being gay, and the word gay is hit by auto mod. Starting to feel that the auto mod database has a homophobic bias to it. please look into this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. As title says, on a large 4k monitor the default font size can be just a little bit too small. Having the same options as chat font scaling would fix this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. Emote spam is a constant annoyance, it would be great for channels to have an option that blocks emotes in chat. There could also be an option where only channel emotes are allowed. A text-only mode or an emote blacklist would be excellent.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. Hello

Is there and option to show us which word is the trouble word during creation of poll or predictions ?

I am moderator on few non-english streams and I am pretty often getting an error during creation of polls or predictions that some word in it is not in compliance with twitch and I have no idea which word it is as they are mostly commonly used words in other language.

So my question is there an option to show us which word is the wrong one so we can quickly change it and not spend 5-10 minutes trying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the chat identity options to moderator view like they appear in regular chat. It is frustrating if our badges get reset that we have to go back to regular viewer to change them. If they were added to the left of the chat box like they are for normal viewers, it would be perfect.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  13. When Automod has moderated a word - and the item is at the bottom of chat - clicking on the "****" will bring up a popup menu that is incomplete and will not let you see the rest of the message to determine if you would like to allow the blocked text.

I should not have to wait for 5-6 more people to send messages to be able to review whether I want to see a specific blocked word - I should be able to make a judgement with it as the latest message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  14. so when I got ban form the channel and after few days later it doesn’t said who check ban request by one of the mod so I have to end up re type the unban request again

I want to know if the dev team can able to make that tell a person of mod that check my unban request from that channel so I want to make sure it wasn’t a streamer that check the ban request because I can’t tell who check that unban request message was it the mods or was it the streamer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Since the mod view is generally a small player it would be nice to add a panel style extension to the mod view which can be dragged and dropped on to the mod view.

This would allow mods to use third party tools without having to open another browser tab. They can stay focused on chat and moderating without switching back and forth.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A widget in the modview to see all timeouts that are currently active in the channel you are moderating, so you can keep an eye out for timeouts that are about to run out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove prediction content guideline check on different languages than English or please remove it completely! Again, you think English is the only language what every people speak on the Earth!

Can you tell me what is wrong with this text in your opinion? What guide is broken with the text: "Crazynek lesz 3 kill-je a mérkőzésen?"

So, please remove ASAP, as we can not write good content because of your restrictions!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  18. Undzwar wenn mann einen entbannungs antrag gesellt hat ob man den dann per Neuigkeiten bei twitch sieht ob mann Dan ahnemen kann oder ablehnen kann und da Hinweis mit schreiben kann

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding the last message sent before a timeout to the mod view similar to the deleted message. Lets mods see what was said and how to handle future timeouts should that individual repeat the actions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  20. Many streamers have added personal information as a blocked term, and have since removed it. All this private information is shown to all of their moderators. Hence allowing every moderator to know more than they should. Yes there is a way to make a blocked term private, but deleting these terms still shows the blocked terms to all moderators, new and old.

There should be a way for the streamer to hide these actions from the moderators, or have a way to delete them. If people don't want the action to be seen as if it didn't happen, then allow…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?