Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

556 results found

1. Create a history of reports and violations in the dashboard! I think this is a good idea!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The vast majority of the time that harassment occurs, the accounts being used to accomplish it are all recently created. Being able to limit chat participation (or ideally, anything that can be seen by viewers) based on the length of time the account has existed would go a long way to preventing abuse.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Inserts a feature which allows the streamer or other moderators to add trusted members of the community to be a moderator when a channel becomes busier than usual or no moderators are actively in chat. This would allow the streamer to further concentrate on their business, whilst not having to worry about a potential moderator overload when the channel is not busy (eg 8 mods to 5 viewers)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it possible to watch "Log" - "Chat history" by the channel moderator to find out who, what, when wrote in the chat in a certain situation. Also so that you can download this file in .txt format or any other format convenient for you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. Add channel point completion/refunds to the activity feed.

Occasionally a new or not paying attention mod may complete/complete all/refund/refund all without realising that was the wrong action or the redemption has not been completed.

This allows the moderator to go back in the queue and let the broadcaster know what was completed by accident etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. Sometimes you need to ban someone quickly to removed them from chat (say spammers) and you don't have time to add a banned message.

A popup or similar mechanic that will allow you to easily add a reason after removing the person from chat would be helpful when dealing with unban request or repeat offender after getting unbanned.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. These two panels could be rearrange depending on the moderators workflow and layout or even placed on the left bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filter the activity feed by action or actions. For example right now the broadcaster may have say follows turned on so they can thank them as they come in, but as a moderator perhaps they do not want to see recent follow. They would have to scroll through the feed to see the last action they cared about.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As title says, helps with mods that show up mid broadcast to see what has already been done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Just like the popout one but dock able like the other panels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It can be awkward if you add a blocked term that is offensive or some ascii art then it stays in the mod actions log for days. It would be nice to hide the term and perhaps click to reveal/hide again. Not to mention the looks you get when someone looks at your screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to get some examples of what will be removed for each filter level, on each filter topic. The info given at the "learn more" page is rather vague, and as someone who's now been given 8 filter topics instead of 4, I'd like to see some clearer info on what each filter level actually does now that the topics are a lot more specific.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  15. I think carrying the bans over to the raided streamer's channel would help many raided creator's with the trolls that may have been watching the previous channel. This would mainly help with bigger creators raiding smaller creators! the raided creator's mods could maybe accept or deny the ban requests maybe, and if they accept, all the people who were banned in the previous chat get banned in theirs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If some editor, broadcaster or bot changes title and/or game, it is not updated in Moderator Panel. You always need an F5. Also if updated offline (when broadcaster prepares the stream and you have the Panel opened before it starts).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There is a glaring loophole in chat history logging that has been present for years since the chat logging system started. It involves changing your name via Twitch's name change feature. Once someone has changed their name, you can no longer reliably pull up their entire chat history. It is effectively halted for the old name, and wiped for the new name so long as you do not have their original name.

I'll try to explain this as simple as I can.

Let's say I have actual years of chat logs under the name "desertp" on "examplechannel"
    https://www.twitch.tv/popout/examplechannel/viewercard/desertp?popout=
    All of…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  18. There should be a limit of three Mods on live streaming not twelve. Makes the viewers chat less to the streamer. Sometimes makes the moderator bully the viewer without the streamer knowing. There should be less Mods on stream. Enough communication between the viewer and the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Ich bin Moderator in einigen Streams und mir ist es leider schon oft passiert, dass wenn ich eine Nachricht löschen oder den User timeouten wollte, genau in dem Moment der Chat eine weitere Zeile nach oben rutscht und ich den falschen User erwische und ich diesen zu unrecht bestrafe.
    Wie wäre es wenn man als Moderator über den chat hovered, und der Chat dann stoppt/freezed damit das Problem nicht mehr auftaucht.

Ich hoffe ich konnte meine Idee gut erklären und würde mich freuen wenn sie eines tages umgesetzt wird.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?