Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. It would be fantastic if as a streamer, I can create canned responses for my mods to use in chat whenever someone violates the rules or has an FAQ. The benefits of this would be:

• Saved time for my mods as they won't have to type out messages
    • Consistent messaging for my channel
    • Easier to bring on new mods and less of a learning curve

Let me know if anyone has any feedback!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. let mods or just everyone look at a channel's logs. Not user logs, the whole channel for each day. I used this on overrustle to check usage of 3rd party emotes (ctrl-f) day to day to optimize them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think having a Twitch staff member, or a "police presence", present during partnered stream would help mitigate some of the misbehavior coming from both the streamer and viewers at times.

I think having a Twitch staff member present would drastically help resolve issues and correct problematic behavior faster and more efficiently. It would also cut down on the responsibility being solely placed on the streamer/viewer to collect evidence/write a report (that they may not be able to do because it is often made difficult due to how the report feature currently functions, because of a language barrier, or fear…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. In an effort to make trolling more difficult, require 2 Factor Authentication to chat in streams. People can make fake phone numbers to tie emails to, but it would be difficult to constantly have to create both to tie together. Twitch users are supposed to be 13 years of age or older anyway and every teenager or older out there interacting on Twitch have cell phones. This would help provide better security and prevent bot spam and provide a safer experience for the streamer because of how difficult it would be to just create a brand new account after being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need additional buttons at the bottom of the chat next to the "setting" button, such as "subscribers-only mode" and "emote-only mode" instead of open settings or type command, or turn into mod view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. A big trend with peoples responses to streamers or users being moderated is the ‘unfairness’ of decisions made and the comparison to other situations while not being aware of the reason for the decisions made.

Suggestion: Create a central, public page, this can be searchable by userid, username (partial/full), message content (p/f). This allows you to find streamers, users, botnets, repeat offenders and provides you a page of the content that caused them to be flagged for moderation + their chat logs.

The details page should show the escalation stage of punishment that users were hit by, thus transparently explaining…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. For the protection of streamers and to ease the duty of mods, it would be helpful to have some type of account grading system in place. For instance, users who have a history of being banned from channels will have a particular account grade assigned to their account.

This account grade will be viewable when a user in chat and/or a mod clicks their user name in chat.

For example, let's use account grades A-F.

Of course a healthy account that hasn't received any account bans from any channels throughout the entire Twitch platform will receive an A grade.

Accounts…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We should be able to customize the

"Enter a reason for your unban" message and "help hints"

Example use case: a channel would describe what they expect the user to do in the field in order to apply for a unban correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i wanted more moderator options on the twitch app will this ever happen? or has it been an idea or ect

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Streamers and Mods should be required to allow at least two communications with chat banned users seeking an explanation for the ban/seeking to be reinstated. The only exception to this would be if a mod or streamer feels another request for lifting the ban should be allowed. Failure to communicate with the banned user should result in loss of Affiliate or Partner status because they failed to represent what Twitch is, how chat bans work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recently there was a change in the permaban system so when you permaban a person he can't see chat anymore. I understand that this is added to prevent harassment and stalking, but I think it's not fair, what does his typing something bad in chat has with his reading the chat? If he violated rules by typing something inappropriate, I just ban him from typing, that's only fair, but I don't want to ban him from reading. It's not only unfair but also encourages people to create alternative accounts to be able to read chat again while they could stay…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Timeline so can go back to other parts of stream to clip if missed it

Regards,
    System_Pwned

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I am a moderator in twitch chat and this feedback is in regard to the recent feature that you added to the website that allows people to submit requests to be unbanned.
    A feature that I believe should be added is a cool down period of 2 to 4 weeks in which the person who is banned is not allowed to submit an unban request. As it stands currently users who are banned can submit a request to be unbanned almost immediately and it feels like the band punishment is not as severe as it used to be for that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a feature request, Allow MODs to see & moderate created clips, currently only available to channel editors. and account owners.

My suggestion allow MODs to 1) see all channel clips for channel they moderate for 2) edit clip titles 3) "Disable" a clip making it Private, non viewable or indexable on internet. Then keep Delete function for Editors & channel owners.

With this I'd also suggest adding a Clips API endpoint so a person or 3rd party service could generate a CSV file of all clips on a channel. This should also be accessible to MODs & Channel owners…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be important for those of us who use this medium to share, know and interact with those who broadcast live or with whom we communicate, the moderators are also controlled. Today a moderator banned me and removed from the chat just for fun and it's annoying. I mean, can a moderator delete contacts and I don't know about it and control it? There should be a method to avoid these bad times and thus prevent one from losing interest in the system as well as followers. There should be a mechanism to report them and take away their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I open a user's card from the chat, and can see that they've been banned or timed out, each occurrence has a timestamp on it. Make the instance clickable, and have it zoom to that time index in the message log, even if it was month's ago, so I can get context on what they were banned or timed out for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include a setting that the streamer can set to moderate gifted subs.

Example...
    Streamers can turn on and set a threshold setting where the gifted subs need to be approved.

Therefore, if I set my threshold to 100, that means if one user gifts more than 100, I must approve it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a slow mode for subscribers.

There is a possibility for partners to activate a setting in which all subs are immune to slow mode.

My idea is that there are two different slow modes, one for all users (the one that already exists) and one for subs. My idea is that both are controlled either by chat commands or from mod view.

This would be useful if you would like to give the Subscribers who are supporting you another benefit, also, as they're paying (or supporting with Prime) they probably are less likely to spam or disobey rules.

Thanks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?