Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. The broadcaster should be able to see who made changes to their channel, even if they did not have their Twitch chat or mod view open when the action was taken.

These are moderator actions that should be auditable: such as turning on Slowmode or Subscribersonly, or Pausing a channel points redemption category, or Marking a redemption as Completed or Rejected.

Currently there seems no way to figure out for sure who was responsible for the change: if a moderator makes these changes when the streamer is offline and not connected to chat, Or if the information has scrolled off…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm dissatisfied with the tools/the power that twitch and streamlabs has given me to report trolls who sexually harass me in my stream. For instance, someone came into my live stream on 6/10/20 (somewhere between 8:40am and 10:00am eastern) and wrote in the chat: "what kind of **** do you like?" The bot immediately flagged the word '*' and asked me to choose allow or deny. So I pressed deny. I can't remember if I hit Ban or not on this person. But by doing that, I can't report the person now because it doesn't show their screen name

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Now the maximum number of ban counting is limited by 99, which is represented when the room manger click a user's nickname. Could you increase the maximum representing number to 999 like messages.
    In some rooms where i am usually watching, we play with the number by treating like levels. But, anyone who want to increase the number reaches the maximum so easily. So, we want to increase the maximum number.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. We currently cannot access the "Manage Moderation Settings" tool from Mod View, as this option from the normal chat tool widget does not appear on the Chat dropdown menu, nor is it found in the Mod Actions module.

There are options in the Moderation Settings like changing automod/block settings and enabling chat modes that are otherwise currently not available from Mod View. Until they become integrated in another way, the user should be able to access "Manage Moderation Settings" from Mod View. Currently we have to open regular chat in another window to access this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to create a gifted sub mode and sub mode. I notice watching gta rp that all streamer go to sub mode and still get a toxic chat because of the gifted subs. Either make it two different modes or make it so that the longest following channel gets the sub and not the new ones that hops into other streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Submitted this in another section of uservoice also under streaming features, but to make this more targeted.

1) Allow channel moderators the ability to see all clips that are created for a channel they moderate for.
    a) should be able to search clips by specific keyword, category, date, time frame, user
    b) should be able to edit title which may be indexed on 3rd party sites
    c) should be able to "Disable" a clip. This 100% doesn't mean to delete it, only make it non viewable on the internet to the general public. Deletion can then be handled by caster…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why not have all available mod actions on the mod view? Or does that make too much sense?
    Mods have to exit mod view to clear chat which a mod action.
    To avoid accidents the "Clear Chat" option could be placed in the menu above.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. There should be a limit of three Mods on live streaming not twelve. Makes the viewers chat less to the streamer. Sometimes makes the moderator bully the viewer without the streamer knowing. There should be less Mods on stream. Enough communication between the viewer and the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. I'm a moderator for a small channel, seen that I like to partecipate to other communities there could be the chance to be the mod of other streamers and a feedback tools could be helpful to give this chance. So integrate, for example, after a month that I partecipate as moderator of a community an istrument to give feedback how is good to keep clean and friendly a community.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Wenn ich in der Modansicht bin wäre es sehr hilfreich das man ein separates Chat-Fenster öffnen könnte so das ich auf dem Hauptbildschirm einen Stream auf Vollbild habe und auf einem zweiten Bildschirm den Chat offen habe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  12. With Add-Ons like BTTV or FFZ or software like chatterino mod actions can be seen in chat, sometimes it can be very tiring if you make certain decisions and viewers call you out for it assuming it was you.

Also it would be cool if you could edit commands without it being seen in chat ( there used to be a feature like this with nightbot where you put a "." !editcom <command> without it being shown in chat, if anybody knows if this still works please tell me) I can see this being nightbots / streamelements part but maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We need to be able to arrange users in chat by account creation date, user name ect. Thx.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There should be a link to the Editor Dashboard from within the Mod View page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is there a way to replace an offensive word with new characters or text? Example : The word "****" would be replaced with "@#$%". Is this something that can be done already?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  17. This is no an idea this is purely a complaint as every other method of getting in touch about this issue has been ignored and it is really starting to get on my nerves.
    I have had my account since march 2014 but only started streaming in Jan of 2019. In all that time i have never had any issues with my name being auto modded until around 2 months ago when it started to get auto modded everywhere, this ruins my raids, my general interaction in peoples chats because if someone replies to me with my name, one of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  18. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  19. Log who wrote denied messages by Automod or who ran against the Automod Blocked Words list Moderation View...

By the current design you see:

• what was denied/permitted after moderator review.

What you should see:
    - who wrote it...

Taken it is a 10 mins old throw away account: The user gets away unbanned and unreported

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a moderator I usually use keyboard all the time in Twitch Chat. In Mod-View there is no option to trigger anything different than the default 10min timeout by mouseclick. As a "Chatty" user I am used to bind keyboard shortcuts for actions like Ban [b] / Unban [u] or /timeout 1 [1] /timeout 300 [2] and so on. It would be much easier to get anything similar in Mod-View when a moderator opens the user card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?