Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

197 results found

1. Currently, in the new unban request system, the denial note is shown to the user and cannot be private, add the ability to keep the single note private, or have two note sections.

Having a "template" for the public note as well would be nice, as I imagine some streamers will include a note for an external unban request form since this system is limited to 1 request at the time of writing this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. i wanted more moderator options on the twitch app will this ever happen? or has it been an idea or ect

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include a setting that the streamer can set to moderate gifted subs.

Example...
    Streamers can turn on and set a threshold setting where the gifted subs need to be approved.

Therefore, if I set my threshold to 100, that means if one user gifts more than 100, I must approve it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a slow mode for subscribers.

There is a possibility for partners to activate a setting in which all subs are immune to slow mode.

My idea is that there are two different slow modes, one for all users (the one that already exists) and one for subs. My idea is that both are controlled either by chat commands or from mod view.

This would be useful if you would like to give the Subscribers who are supporting you another benefit, also, as they're paying (or supporting with Prime) they probably are less likely to spam or disobey rules.

Thanks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recently there was a change in the permaban system so when you permaban a person he can't see chat anymore. I understand that this is added to prevent harassment and stalking, but I think it's not fair, what does his typing something bad in chat has with his reading the chat? If he violated rules by typing something inappropriate, I just ban him from typing, that's only fair, but I don't want to ban him from reading. It's not only unfair but also encourages people to create alternative accounts to be able to read chat again while they could stay…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I sometimes accidentally delete the wrong message through the mod icon when the chat scrolls up one message right before I click. I think stopping the chat for a mod when he hovers a mod icon for a specific message would improve the modding experience.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. I'm dissatisfied with the tools/the power that twitch and streamlabs has given me to report trolls who sexually harass me in my stream. For instance, someone came into my live stream on 6/10/20 (somewhere between 8:40am and 10:00am eastern) and wrote in the chat: "what kind of **** do you like?" The bot immediately flagged the word '*' and asked me to choose allow or deny. So I pressed deny. I can't remember if I hit Ban or not on this person. But by doing that, I can't report the person now because it doesn't show their screen name

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Submitted this in another section of uservoice also under streaming features, but to make this more targeted.

1) Allow channel moderators the ability to see all clips that are created for a channel they moderate for.
    a) should be able to search clips by specific keyword, category, date, time frame, user
    b) should be able to edit title which may be indexed on 3rd party sites
    c) should be able to "Disable" a clip. This 100% doesn't mean to delete it, only make it non viewable on the internet to the general public. Deletion can then be handled by caster…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to shadowban users where they are able to type in chat and see their message, but their message is not seen by anyone else but them.

This will help substantially in reducing cases of ban evading as shadowbanned users usually don’t realize they are banned (if they don’t look into it more, especially in larger channels) and at the same time it will not affect the streamer’s chat

Can be an ip shadowban across accounts. This would be such a helpful feature in preventing constant toxicity.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be fantastic if as a streamer, I can create canned responses for my mods to use in chat whenever someone violates the rules or has an FAQ. The benefits of this would be:

• Saved time for my mods as they won't have to type out messages
    • Consistent messaging for my channel
    • Easier to bring on new mods and less of a learning curve

Let me know if anyone has any feedback!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The broadcaster should be able to see who made changes to their channel, even if they did not have their Twitch chat or mod view open when the action was taken.

These are moderator actions that should be auditable: such as turning on Slowmode or Subscribersonly, or Pausing a channel points redemption category, or Marking a redemption as Completed or Rejected.

Currently there seems no way to figure out for sure who was responsible for the change: if a moderator makes these changes when the streamer is offline and not connected to chat, Or if the information has scrolled off…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I keep "show moderation actions" turned on (adds ban/timeout/delete buttons next to names in chat) in the two channels I moderate.

The other day I accidentally banned someone while on the chat emote menu, with a simple jiggled-mouse misclick. Turns out the tiny sliver of ban button visible on the left side of the emote/bit panels works just fine.
    I don't care whether I see it, I just don't think it should be usable. In my opinion, the only functional ban buttons should be ones with chat displayed next to them.
    I can't imagine any reason a person would reasonably…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I open a user's card from the chat, and can see that they've been banned or timed out, each occurrence has a timestamp on it. Make the instance clickable, and have it zoom to that time index in the message log, even if it was month's ago, so I can get context on what they were banned or timed out for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My issue is that mod settings appear before non-mod settings. I do not use the mod settings that often, and I have sometimes cleared chat by accident.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Moderators sometimes manage game lobby links or somilar for their streamers. As such the links may get copied to the clipboard easily. If there are procedures in place to greet users or similar, then it might happen that moderators accidentally post sensitive information into the chat.
    Also, a rogue moderator may abuse their rights or post unwelcome messages.

Thus, moderators should have the option to delete their own and other moderators' messages.

182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  20. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?