Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

197 results found

1. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Emote spam is a constant annoyance, it would be great for channels to have an option that blocks emotes in chat. There could also be an option where only channel emotes are allowed. A text-only mode or an emote blacklist would be excellent.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Undzwar wenn mann einen entbannungs antrag gesellt hat ob man den dann per Neuigkeiten bei twitch sieht ob mann Dan ahnemen kann oder ablehnen kann und da Hinweis mit schreiben kann

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. When the streamer is trying to do something and you post something you wanna delete you cant delete it yourself if ur a mod so Could you guys add it?

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inserts a feature which allows the streamer or other moderators to add trusted members of the community to be a moderator when a channel becomes busier than usual or no moderators are actively in chat. This would allow the streamer to further concentrate on their business, whilst not having to worry about a potential moderator overload when the channel is not busy (eg 8 mods to 5 viewers)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. La opción de que los mods del canal puedan hacer clips, ya que la mayoría de los streamers deshabilitaron la opción de hacer clips para prevenir el DMCA pero hay momentos graciosos o importantes donde no hace falta un clip, y no que el streamer lo haga y pierda el tiempo haciéndolo, seria muy útil que habilitaran esa funcion :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Moderators on the browser and desktop versions of twitch have incredible access to moderation tools such as mod icons, mod view etc. this makes handling larger chat rooms incredibly easy for a group of mods working together.

Unfortunately I, like many others, am in a position where I am a mod for a larger community, yet am often on the go and find myself using mobile twitch far more often than desktop. This makes it so much harder to keep chat under control, as the current moderation process on mobile is utterly laughable. Messages that would be deleted instantly if…

227 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. A lot of the time, users get banned for saying things that could be considered hateful or homophobic in Deere's chat, but it's hard to process an unban request because there is no real context around what was said.

It would be nice to be able to be able to click a message in someone's chat history and be able to expand the rest of the chat around the time the user said said message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be nice if we could have a second chat view that we could be provided with filter criteria, like "following less than X time" or "Account is less than X days old".

A lot of the time, troll accounts are throwaways and it would be easier to catch bad actors quickly, especially in situations such as raids where chat moves fast and it's hard to follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can we possibly get a feature that Mods/Editors of a channel can use to hide certain extremely toxic comments from the Streamer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allowing Mods and Creators to view if a user has been banned from other channels.
    Also updating the Ban function to require a reason for Ban. Just a check list.

e.g. if someone comes into my channel that has been banned from another channel i can see that they have been banned for Harassment or Spamming

Will allow Mods to keep an eye on users bouncing from channel to channel

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  14. Need to create a gifted sub mode and sub mode. I notice watching gta rp that all streamer go to sub mode and still get a toxic chat because of the gifted subs. Either make it two different modes or make it so that the longest following channel gets the sub and not the new ones that hops into other streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some viewers are getting a 1hr timeout just for subscribing.
    At least we could fix that Twitch blunder with an undo function.

Sometimes viewers are accidentally timeout due to the jumps in chat. Those can be reverted but the new sub timeout cannot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need additional buttons at the bottom of the chat next to the "setting" button, such as "subscribers-only mode" and "emote-only mode" instead of open settings or type command, or turn into mod view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm a moderator for a small channel, seen that I like to partecipate to other communities there could be the chance to be the mod of other streamers and a feedback tools could be helpful to give this chance. So integrate, for example, after a month that I partecipate as moderator of a community an istrument to give feedback how is good to keep clean and friendly a community.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some viewers write about our broadcast in the community or sns
    And that is very paranoid and malicious
    It’s painful because it spreads to other communities
    That's why people are fooled by strange rumors that they have never seen our broadcast
    It even knows which viewers started.
    They are already banned, but only chat is banned, so they can watch our broadcast.
    We already know how to stop them in a legal way
    But this requires a lot of time and money
    So we just want they can't watch broadcasts as well as chat
    (This request can be awkward because…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would like a way to natively see a users name change history including date & time of change.
    Maybe even first & last message history for each username change

For example:
    TwitchSupport - (formerly TwitchTVSupport) changed on 14 Oct 2020 22:46

510 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?