Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

198 results found

1. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. userid and userlogin tags for IRC notices would help with further programatic actions instead of replying on parsing the display name from the notice. Parsing a display name does not always work to retrieve user information (e.g. when in Korean).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow mods to highlight users so that they can see them easier in chat. This would make it easier to mod repeat offenders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A lot of the time I'm chasing a name around a moving chat trying to right click it for the Purge/Ban interface. It would be way easier if I could see a message that needs to be purged that warrants a ban and just right click the message itself to get that popup interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sometimes the chat experience is impaired by trolls continually and relentlessly creating/using additional alternative accounts to repeatedly circumvent any ban, return to chat, and continue spamming or harassing the channel.

I suggest that Twitch provide an additional set of moderation commands, capabilities, and information in the chat-related APIs and IRC interfaces to assist broadcasters and their channel bots to control abuse in these types of situations.

Some ideas for suggested channel Moderator Commands/Options to Add:

• "Approved" chatters list - A List/Hash table of unlimited size for any users manually approved by a moderator to chat plus a list of all…
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now on the twitch app, you can tap someone’s name for the ban and timeout options to show up. However, when using timeout, it defaults to 10 minutes. Please add options to the timeout feature on the mobile app that allow mods to choose between different set times for a timeout. Such as: 1 second(purge), 1 hour, 1 day, ect. My biggest wish is to just being able to purge someone’s messages from stream when I need to mod from mobile. If more timeout options can’t be added, then at least add a ‘Purge’ option to the app that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. The new moderator chat feature is a really good base point for enabling moderators to do great work but can I suggest some more options for the future of this feature? Options such-as being able to search the chatlog (maybe by date or just by words) , being able to delete your mod comments, and real time refresh on the chat when were pop out mode

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Implement the ability to apply for a viewing of previous account names for moderation ability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You can do this in VODs, why not while live? Many times a user simply made a mistake and didn't realize the full rules. I don't want to remove all context of our conversation because they put a word in a message they didn't realize was banned.

Also it's confusing for new mods to time-out instead of deleting an offending message.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I mod for team Tempo Storm. Every streamer is added to the Tempo Storm community which we use to promote who is online in our website or through apps or bots on discord/curse. My role is to ensure every team member, no matter which game they are playing, is doing well and chat is behaving. This is sometimes hard to do if the streamer hasn't met me through the team contacts, or some other reason. These streamers may be hesitant to mod me or others like me in the same role.

So my suggestion is to add a community based…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. as a mod it would be helpful if i could talk to all the other mods without having to whisper them each individually once by one.....all we would have to do is type "/modchat <message>" and it would show up in chat like the ban, timeout, purge messages do. All mods can communicate without the rest of chat seeing it. Also, they can be pinned for important channel stuff like in discord, so any mod coming into chat can see what's new or changed with regards to the stream rules and such

961 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. Replicate the "Blocked List" commonly used by Twitter. This can be implemented by modifying how the banned button works. Here is a simplified breakdown:

1. Upgrade banned button to not instantly ban, but bring up a radial list with reason for banning. This would cut down on accidental mod missclick and add more weight to banning. Reasons can be something like "Racist/Homophobic remarks, Threating, or Other with a text box."

2. Log the number of bans per option with account. After 3x strikes user is added to a list associated with the banned reason and notified via email. Notification is important so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow broadcasters to ip ban viewers from their stream & no longer watch there stream. Also an option for broadcasters to set this permission for moderators if they are comfortable.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. In the sense of IRC's +m channel mode, only moderators and higher would be allowed to speak.

Useful for:

Announcements
    Aiding in spam cleanup
    Crowd Control

This, I think, would be essential to mods of event streams, and other high traffic channels.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. This is similar to the idea of banning abusive troll users at a certain IP address, https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat-messaging/suggestions/7956255-ip-ban-from-channel.

In that request, a Twitch dev gave the following reasons for why such a ban would be hard to implement:

1. IPs change. A lot. A broadcaster might lose a significant portion of their audience, and viewers might get confused if there are a lot of banned IPs (such as universities).

2. System load. Looking up a enormous list of IPs to see who is allowed to watch on every single video play is an enormous system load I’m not sure we’re willing to…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. It is a common occurrence for moderators to judge transgressions differently from each other, or from the broadcaster, and apply different timeout lengths. I feel moderators could benefit from having the timeout duration for the specified user not overridden by subsequent timeouts, but rather have a notice given to the mods specifying the remaining timeout for that person.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?