Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

175 results found

1. IP Ban makes it possible to permanently ban a user with the same IP Address, thus not allowing them to crate other account to try and troll/spam, etc.

922 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

We apply IP bans in Chat based on users' Moderation actions in certain cases. We don't currently plan to publicize the logic we use because we think it would make it easier for bad actors to bypass the restriction.

2. Many streamers have the same problem where someone is abusive in the chat. In this case, they are banned. It is more than common that the same user would come back on an alt to continue being abusive in chat.

My suggestion is to notify broadcasters/chat moderators of accounts that are on the same IP as someone who has been banned or timed out, so that they could deal with them accordingly. This could even be extended to allowing broadcasters to IP ban people from their chat.

Yes, there may be a problem with people using VPN's, however this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I guess it would make sense to put this somewhere in the User's settings, but it would be convenient for a user to see a list of all channels that they're banned from chatting in. Channels can currently see all the users who are banned from chatting in their channel, but what about a list of channels that have banned the user from chatting in their chats. This would also make it easier to figure out which channels to speak to and try to get unbanned from.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. mature content button . However

Even before accepting or declining the chat is shown, so you see all the stuff [ mature content as well ]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There needs to be a way to completely ban a user from entering your channel and seeing your profile/streams. There's been a Twitch partner that's been straight up stalking me and they do nothing about it. The most I can do is ban him from the chat. It doesn't stop him from showing up when I stream (which makes me feel extremely uncomfortable), or when I'm hosting someone.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A mod can't always be watching or all knowing, why not let the chat be allowed to decide who is spamming or being rude to the streamer. I propose a system in which a person in chat can select the person who is being disruptive and issue a stream wide vote. If majority or a certain number of people vote yes they will be banned (or muted) for a certain amount of time. Maybe if they are banned through this system mutiple times they will get increasing longer bans. This system will allow a chat keep itself tidy without the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add the ability to show only channels that are suitable for children. This way a kid can safely watch twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Assign a unique ID to users connecting to streamers (based on hardware ID if possible, IP is too easy to change) to make creeps and toxic people easier to get rid of. If that's even possible, I have no idea but it doesn't sound too hard. I don't know for sure what this means server-wise, I'd imagine you'd need some place to store these IDs and this place would get pretty cluttered if every user is assigned an ID per stream but... food for thought. Maybe have it be assigned after a message is sent? this way you wouldn't have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a server for playing. Too many users watch stream and use information from it in the game. I know IP address of each players on my server and want to have ability to ban them on twitch. The idea is that when player connect to my server then my server call twitch API to ban user for viewing stream, when user exit from server then server will unban him.

I think that it very good feature to help in fighting with stream snipers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a feature that bans an email, instead of just the account, it would then be harder to create new accounts to troll.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a mod, make it so you can ignore other mods in the channel you are modding in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I run a stream and sometimes people who are banned from chat can still harass people in chat by whispering to them. Most are not aware that they can turn whispers from people they don't follow off. This is a problem I'm seeing all over twitch after the addition of whisper. It would be more user friendly if it was on by default. Thankyou :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like Twitch to implement an ignored users list, accessible via settings page, with the ability to at least view the users that are currently on one's /ignore list. Bonus points for allowing us to also add/remove users from said list via the same page.

I know this functionality is already available via third-party tools and it's not a high priority feature, would just like to see it on the road map if it isn't already.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm here today to talk about an idea. It would help a lot of the twitch community that plays mainly FPS games. As we all know twitch streamers are always receiving stream snipe, unfortunately, so I was thinking today that it should exist a new command to help our streamers, it would be used to black out the screen of a certain viewer (That will be stream snipping or not) including the audio and video of course.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If a user is banned from the streamer's chat they shouldn't allowed to lurk in the streamers stream because it's like stalking it's not cool for someone who is lurking someone's stream if they are banned.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?