Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

174 results found

1. Controversial yes - strip away the viewer count. Will prevent streamers cheating the system by buying viewers, will even the playing field. And those who don’t have a massive ego, won’t mind as will still see stats.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. One of our moderators accidentally banned the wrong person with a misclick. He immediately corrected this mistake, but the user remains banned in all channels that use the Shared Ban feature, which is a lot of manual cleanup (plus the user is marked as Suspicious now, because he is banned in a lot of other channels).

It would be nice to have a way to undo sharing a ban.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Not sure about other games, but for Halo: Master Chief Collection, there is a clique of trolls that hack the game, and sadistically DDoS streamers consistently. They can get a player's IP even if masked, VPN's work but the latency is already bad enough as it is.

It's disconcerting every time I see a player with a new account, they have no issues creating new, free accounts every time they get banned.

-They spoof gamertags/screennames, then fly around maps to force other, random players to search the spoofed names to report them (and get them banned).
    -They can create any…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sorry but that was literally the stupidest TOS change you’ve made to date. I don’t want freaking **** on my twitch app and twitch should not be a site that hosts ****. And the fact that you’re well aware of how many minors use your app yet you still decided to allow sexual content is absolutely disgusting. And don’t try to use the “Well we’ll label it as sensitive content so kids don’t access it” excuse. Unless you have a valid way of verifying age, kids CAN and WILL easily bypass these warning and watch these sexual streams. This was…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Just as we can follow a category, it would be nice to be able to "block" a category so that it does not recommend or see channels that are playing those games.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we have a separate version on just chatting for sexualy explicit content, whenever viewing the just chatting tab it's nothing but sexually explicit things. Now that it is explicitly allowed by Twitch, why not make it it's own category so just chatting can actually just be chatting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to have a feature to hide the chat and/or the entire stream for everyone who isn't logged in.

Recently, one of my viewers received screenshots of their conversation in my chat from someone who is already banned. Having a feature that hides the entire chat, or even the entire stream, If possible, would be great! It will help alot with the safety of the streamers and for the safety of the viewers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hope this message finds you well. I'm writing as a devoted Twitch user and content creator who deeply values the platform's commitment to innovation and community engagement. Over the years, Twitch has evolved into a dynamic space for content creators and viewers alike. While the platform boasts an impressive array of features, I believe there's an opportunity to further enhance the user experience through the implementation of an Advanced Livestream Statistics Dashboard.

Rationale:
    As a content creator, I am constantly seeking ways to understand and improve the performance of my livestreams. While Twitch already provides some basic analytics, an Advanced…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We need something where if we ban someone they can't create another account incase the person is going to harass streamers for a reason because a friend of my just got harassed on her stream earlier today she banned him & he created another account this needs to be added ASAP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please allow the editing of a reason for a channel ban.
    Specifically, allow the editing of the reason text of a channel ban, without unbanning the user in question first. It is important that the user stays banned during this process, and that the timestamp of when the user was initially banned is preserved.
    I am someone who likes to tell users why they have been banned, often in great detail, so that they may easily see the error of their ways and show remorse for their actions before submitting an unban request. However, it is a regular occurrence, that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please extend the possible maximum length for the reason text of a channel ban.
    Currently, the maximum length the reason text of a ban can have is limited by the length of a chat message (500 characters), and can be calculated as follows: 500-6-<length of username>
    It is possible to ban people through an API integration, but I have not explored its limitations. This is typically not how you ban a user from a channel.
    I have recently banned someone, and I ran out of space listing all the reasons for which to ban them. I really want them to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Its well past time Twitch recognizes Autistic streamers and makes post every April and August for Autistic Acceptance month. Along with other Autistic related days in the year.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to request for a feature to merge vods from the creator dashboard. I am suggesting this idea because I do face issues with streaming based on my current tech and so I do have times where my stream crashes and I have to restart my stream. So at the very least it would be nice to merge the vod so others from my community can watch my stream in a single vod and not have to change out. I believe that this feature will help multiple creators and will improve the streaming quality of life for those…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a viewer who has blocked a few streamers for harassment, intimidation and threats, I still can see some on them in the carousel on my PC despite having blocked all of them.
    I would believe that a full blocking would need to block them in the carousel as an addition to not see them in recommandations and block them from seeing our interactions on Twitch as it happens on Youtube.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Although not strictly limited to it being for safety reasons, having an option to download Twitch Whisper chat history as a .txt file is a feature that is missing from Twitch. It would be an extremely useful tool for reporting any harassment that occurs, particularly if there has been a long history of infrequent messages. I'm sure there are other uses for this tool that are not related to harassment too; but it just seems like a feature that is available on a number of other social media platforms, but is misisng on Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, if I block a person on Twitch, they can still see my messages in Twitch chat. I think it would be a lot better if a person cannot see the messages of someone who has them blocked, in the same way I can't see their messages if I have them blocked. It should go both ways.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For example when u go to https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all there is 2 sections Categories and Live channels u can also add blocked channels that doesnt appear in general Live channels section or in Category (there is Live Channels, Videos, Clips + u can add Blocked Channels) same for Followed, Recomended channels also can be added Blocked channels at the bottom also u can Add custom group names for Favorite channels where u can expand them. And dont u answer about ur *** "Not interested" feature that only works in main page cuz its terrible (no one browsing there) make the feature that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be an appeal system when it comes to emotes getting rejected.

There has been multiple times where I paid to get an emote created, and made sure beforehand that it wasn't going against the guidelines. Yet they give a general reason, but it doesn't align. Allowing one person's perception to be the only answer isn't right.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Le streamhack est un problème récurrent surtout sur LoL et LoL est un des jeux star de Twitch.
    Il pourrai peut-être se régler par grâce à la liaison de notre compte LoL à twitch. Étant donné que notre compte LoL est lié à Twitch, on pourrai tout simplement comparé les deux (celui du viewer et du streamer) pour savoir si le pseudo/compte est dans la même game que celui du streamer.
    Rendre obligatoire la liaison du compte Twitch et LoL dans le cas où le viewer à Lol de lancer sur son device (Discord récupère cette info alors j'imagine qu'on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In light of features like shared ban info https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Safer-Together-Making-Twitch-Safer-with-Shared-Ban-Info , the suspicious user controls https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/suspicious-user-controls and users getting marked as suspicious (but not unmarked) as soon as a channel they are banned from raids another, I would like to request that you be more transparent about the effects of this terrible and poorly implemented "feature".
    When I saw the announcement about it at TwitchCon EU 2022 in Amsterdam last year, it was already immediately obvious to me, that these features, intended to curtail harassment, are more than likely a poor aid, and much more likely to be abused as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?