Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Viewers should be able to earn Channel Points by watching VODs (Video on Demand). Undoubtedly, many viewers of many streamers are of international relation to the streamer, this is why it is important to include everyone into the Channel Points experience by letting viewers earn Channel Points by watching VODs by their favourite streamers. This feature must be implemented because international viewers are situated in a different country, thus (in most cases) are in a different time zone. So it only makes sense for viewers who aren't able to watch live streams be able to earn Channel Points by watching…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Streamer decides to enable badges or not that show your total points in the channel similar to bit badges. It would be in levels like 100>, 1000, 10000, 100,000, 500,000, 1,000,000<

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have the ability to tag rewards as applicable or not applicable for certain games.
    For example, have "pick which tank type" as only applicable for World of Tanks, or War Thunder, but let "Knives only" be applicable for CoD, Rainbow Six, CS:Go and the like.
    You could have them appear and disappear as you switch the actual stream description of what game you're playing, instead of having to manually go in every time and remove/add them, or... worse yet... have them all there at once and end up with a list of rewards in the hundreds.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Instead of spending channel points to boost the stream, could the boost bar be filled a bit every time someone collects their bonus channel points? I love channel point rewards and I hate the idea of people choosing between boosting my stream or redeeming them for fun. This way people can fill the boost bar by actively watching, and still use their points for what they like.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I think it would be a good idea so people will actually watch the ad to get channel points that way the streamer and viewer would benifit.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. What if twitch added a feature where the streamer could have times where there is a channel point multiplier or give out points. Example for a certain hour during the day, while they play a game or event, all viewers earn x amount more channel points. They could also choose to give out an amount of channel points to viewers during a stream. Just some food for thought, any similar suggestions are welcome in the comments!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Channel Points messages appear in chat, but don't show up in VODs, and aren't available in the Chat API. It would be good to at least have the messages appear in VODs to help provide context for what's happening, and even better if it was treated as another chat message, so it could show up in the chat API as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As things stand right now, Twitch recommended rewards are not viewable on queue, specifically Highlight This Message. It would be nice if we had the option to view who redeemed those rewards in case you want to go and view their twitch pages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If you were to stay in a stream throughout the entire duration (You join anywhere up to 1 hour after the stream starts, and stay until 1 hour before the stream ends) you'd get an "Entire Stream Bonus" of channel points. It can be 500 points for every hour, so if it was a 24 hour stream if you stayed for the entire duration it would be 12,000 points. Or you can have it multiply by the amount of time that the stream has been going, 250 for the first hour, 500 for the second, 1000 for the third ect.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It’s just weird not being able to start a prediction just because I’m on mobile. I just want to be able to be a good mod. Please in the future release this

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have noticed a trend where people tend to wait until the last second in order to dump a massive amount of points into a prediction. I understand that this is part of the risk, however I frequently get invested at a low chance of success just to have someone else drop 4~10x the entire result pool I just entered. I agree with not allowing people to withdraw or swap, but it just doesn't feel good to suddenly risk 10k or 50k for a mere 1.05x payout. I propose two solutions:

First option is to add a toggle to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. prevent the streamer from scamming chat after predictions close.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. https://twitter.com/kcdotmp4/status/1363631643668353025

Explains it with an image attached, but for those who don't want to click it; explanation below.

Basically it's a page where you can filter out by ascending/descending order in which channels you have the most channel points in, but it also displays if you forgot to follow said channels and if they're currently live along with their stream titles and displayed stats such as viewers/duration of stream, just kinda like your following/browsing page, but condensed nicely with the addition of being able to sort by channel points.

Because I have this really weird quirk about me where I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Same idea with the Channel points, you can let streamers upload image and change name of the prediction (i.e. Believers - Doubters)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One thing bothers me about the Boost: people are suggested to me that I can't understand because I don't speak their language. It would be nice if these promotions were more specialized.

For example, if someone often watches German & English streamers, that they are suggested to him.

What should I do with a streamer if I can't understand him?

Also, by being "Promoted" you don't see the viewership & you can't mark the person as "not interested" like you can with normal streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. First of all more options, only two is not the best for having the right competition to bet. 2 let the streamer put points on the plate, who guess right win it all!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. During a boost, as it's described now, people can use up to 2,000 channel points. This isn't an issue for viewers with a lot saved up, but more casual viewers might have to choose between other channel point rewards and boosting. To fix this, making it so channel points spent on any reward during a boost contribute to the boost could help. This makes boosts feel less like a waste of channel points, and could make boosts more hectic and fun. However, if a streamer doesn't want this, they could maybe set a limit on the number of redeems that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello!

I thought a great addition to Channel Points would be an ability to group them. I play a few different games. I would love to be able to categorize them into Rocket league, Minecraft, Dead By Daylight etc. Where you can enable all them at once instead of having to remember every single one of them as I have quite a bit of channel point reward.

What do you think of the idea?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?