Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

617 results found

1. So I like the idea, but just a few tweaks. I like how the challenge can just pop up and we have a couple days to complete it, but upon completion can we save the boost for the future? I got the challenge on my "friday" so I felt compelled to make sure I completed it within the time frame forcing me to stream on my day off. I did complete it but then the boost happened right away. I would love to see it for the next stream where I can prepare for it, kind of like a front…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I will preface this suggestion that I am comparing twitches current channel point system to Streamelements since twitch feels very limiting and we could do so much more with it instead of resorting to a 3rd party to use channel points which makes it inconvenient for viewers. With that being said comments saying just use Streamelements isn't helpful, i'd love everyone's actual thoughts towards this.

Currently Twitch's channel point system feels very limiting overall especially when compared to other channel point systems aka streamelements.

Part 1: Issue with Current Twitch Channel Point Earned System

With its current setup Twitch unfortunately…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The channel I mod for has a channel point prize for adding a song to a warm up playlist. It would be good if we had the ability to set keys and values on the message that gets sent for the channel point redemption message. So I could set like "reward: song" and then "url: {whatever the url is}" etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So I have a lot of points for a streamer I watch but can’t really do anything usefull with it. I think it would be great if it was not only possible to unlock an emote for 24 hours but if it was also possible to gift another viewer an emote for 24 hours using your channelpoints. I would love to see this feature added. It would really improve the interaction between viewers as well

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have no idea if this is a common problem with Opera GX, but I am not able to gain or redeem channel points in anyone's streams. It shows the button to claim the channel points, but when I click it, it shows an error. And when I try to use my existing channel points, they just don't work.

When I try it on Google Chrome, it works just fine. But when I use it on Opera GX, it isn't working. I want to use Opera GX for streaming videos so I can keep other platforms open for school. Please…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for the ability to gain channel points on TV applications, as that is a way many twitch users view content

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I talked to StreamElements to get an alert for highlight messages in the new channel points feature, but they said this is not possible because of the API, I don't know how that works, but they said they need the API to make the alert working this will be possible soon?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Uploading new thumbnail images for a channel point reward works and there's no complaint about the file size, until after I hit save. Then the largest size (112 x 112) says "image too large", and the save and cancel button both disappear and seem to hang. The only way to get out is to x out.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do not participate in predictions and it's fairly annoying having to close it every time one pops up. Can we just add a "Don't Show" feature?

Along with that, a way for users to hide Leaderboards as well.

Options to turn off many things would be VERY nice, but i will start with these simple ones.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This situation has come up a few times now where a new mod (or a not paying attention new mod) would clear the entire queue or accidentally clear rewards which were not completed.

A history of completed/refunded redemption for the current stream would save some searching in chat to see who redeemed what and trying to figure out what was missed.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the use of sounds as channel rewards for users i.e the ability to upload specific sounds that can be redeemed

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could we get a browser source for community challenges, similar to the creator goals?

The community challenges are great and fun goals, but very hidden unless the user checks the points menu. With the 2k max points and limited participation time it's important to make sure all viewers remember/are aware of the challenge! It would be great if we could display and track the goal progress on our overlay, very similarly to the follower/sub goals.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A button to bet all your points easily

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ad an option so we can add Bob Ross's hair to an emote

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give every streamer the ability to use native polls

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Inspired by seeing a Skip a Song reward on one of the channels that cost 250k points. It's too costly to be worth and if one guy somehow buys that, it can be unpleasant to all other viewers.

The default option should be called "individual" and streamer can change it to be "collective".

F.e. collective reward costs 50k, you can pay only 5k to enter and when 10 people enter, reward is completed.

You can see the progress of a reward online in all rewards menu. If you enter and it's uncompleted, you will have an option to leave at…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The maximum prediction Submission Period is 30 minutes. This seems unnecessarily short, there are some predictions I run that could be open for longer.

Imagine a prediction that lasts across the full length of a game, or even an entire stream--these generally run for hours, not just 30 minutes.

Please raise the maximum Submission Period significantly, to at least 2 hours, or longer.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to be able to offer the facility to hold an auction to in effect buy and sell plots within Cities Skylines.

This would allow the viewers to effectively buy a home or business for themselves whilst I'm playing the game, so it would be named after themselves. This would create a fantastic involvement between viewers and the game.

They could then go onto my discord and agree a price with other players in order to sell their property for a profit, but we'd need a system to transfer points between users...

I feel this could be applied to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Instead of spending channel points to boost the stream, could the boost bar be filled a bit every time someone collects their bonus channel points? I love channel point rewards and I hate the idea of people choosing between boosting my stream or redeeming them for fun. This way people can fill the boost bar by actively watching, and still use their points for what they like.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?