Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

616 results found

1. Los moderadores son una parte importantísima en el canal y son los q mas puntos acumulan porque son los que mas tiempo pasan en el canal, para ellos es frustrante no poder participar

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It'd help me as the streamer, and I think chat would enjoy it too, if predictions stayed as drop downs at the top of chat during their duration similar to polls so that we could check what the details were. I like to let chat bet on my speedrun time, and often half-way through the run I don't remember the exact time they bet on.

Predictions have been a great addition to the stream, it adds a whole new layer to my content! Thanks for the new feature!

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am a small streamer so sometimes only one person will bet :( which means they get no return and just their points back. what about adding a really small % of free points back if they get the prediction right. or speeding up the multiplier for an hr if they are correct?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For variety streamers, it would be wonderful to be able to put certain channel point rewards into folders that can be turned on and off with the flip of a switch.

For example, I could put all my "Fallguys" rewards into a "Fallguys" folder. Then the entire folder could be turned on. When I play a different game, I could turn the folder off.

With the current system, we have to go through a huge list of rewards turning each individual reward on and off when switching games. The end result is that many streamers just have rewards that don't…

785 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So I like the idea, but just a few tweaks. I like how the challenge can just pop up and we have a couple days to complete it, but upon completion can we save the boost for the future? I got the challenge on my "friday" so I felt compelled to make sure I completed it within the time frame forcing me to stream on my day off. I did complete it but then the boost happened right away. I would love to see it for the next stream where I can prepare for it, kind of like a front…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Instead of spending channel points to boost the stream, could the boost bar be filled a bit every time someone collects their bonus channel points? I love channel point rewards and I hate the idea of people choosing between boosting my stream or redeeming them for fun. This way people can fill the boost bar by actively watching, and still use their points for what they like.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I've personally found great difficulty creating anything significant out of channel points simply because there isn't a way to be reliably notified when a prize has been redeemed. If they functioned in a similar way to Followers or Subscribers where it's API can be accessed, this could improve upon its function significantly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am no where close to being a partner, and this happened for me (average 12 viewers). I was so amazed when I got the oppurtunity for this. It was a bit tough to reach the goal, but you have 2 days. When I completed the Boost challenge it made my stream boost to 56 viewers. It only last about 10 mins. I feel like if this is going to be a thing, let the small streamer enjoy the Boost a little longer. I do not feel this option should be for partners.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The 'Get Custom Reward Redemptions' Endpoint requires the call to provide a reward ID and a redemptions id/status. This means in order to get a list of the last 50 channel point redemptions for a channel, you have to do a separate request for every single reward available on a channel.
    This seems way over complicated to just get the last redemptions on a channel.
    Ideally, you could call this endpoint and get the last 50 redemptions that include redemptions of any of the rewards. Then a parameter of offset could be provided to get more redemptions.
    Not sure why…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You can enter custom bets on a browser, but on mobile you can only bet in increments of 10. Please add a custom amount option while on mobile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What I am thinking would be a channel point booster that would allow everyone in the channel to reach a Twitch Specified Goal i.e Twitch would scale the amount needed. Once the amount of channel points were pooled by the community it would trigger a community channel points "hype train" during this time anyone using bits would receive a specific percentage off their bits 5% , 10% similar to when the heart events go on. They could also receive a price break on any gifted or purchased subs during this time. I think this would bring in a lot of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I wish you and the team would stop trying to push features like this. Instead of having a "boost" feature, why not work on a better way to make smaller content creators to be discovered?

Many have resulted in branching out to other social media and content creation platforms in order to funnel more viewers into twitch because of the over saturation of streams. Look at how addictive YouTube and Tik Tok are... Also look at how easy they are to just continuously browse and find new content. These are the things you should be focused on.

Honestly, Small streamers…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. During a boost, as it's described now, people can use up to 2,000 channel points. This isn't an issue for viewers with a lot saved up, but more casual viewers might have to choose between other channel point rewards and boosting. To fix this, making it so channel points spent on any reward during a boost contribute to the boost could help. This makes boosts feel less like a waste of channel points, and could make boosts more hectic and fun. However, if a streamer doesn't want this, they could maybe set a limit on the number of redeems that…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why can xbox earn channel points when watching but PlayStation cant? Also you can easily add the clickable channel points feature just make it so you click triangle or something. Please I beg!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Obviously there will be an option to pick if u want a maximum amount of channel point sent in a day for the community challenge. But there should also be an option to be able to send an infinite amount. Only being able to send 2k channel points a stream just doesn’t make sense at all.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This entire idea of Boost this stream is amazing. As a content creator I am more than happy and ecstatic at the thought of maybe having this on my own channel. Although I see this tools usefulness in aiding smaller streamers grow I feel that certain criteria should be in place before becoming eligible to have access to a boost. For example: You can't get boosts on your channel unless you are an affiliate, You can't buy boosts in anyway shape or form for yourself and you can't get boosted if you are a partner. I feel the most important…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show live via a Twitch Ambassador streamer or another Twitch official channel how this works.

If the boost system in any way can be used to over take those with a smaller audience, by having a 200+ viewer channel boost it's way in front of a 45 viewer channel, then there lies an issue.

I wanna see what it does before making assumptions if it's a positive feature or not; whether I want to support the feature or not. As of now, it seems fine but I would love a live feed demonstrating how it functions, and answers to questions…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I feel like this does favor big streamers. Like, sure you can scale it this way or that. But if you have 0-5 viewers, this won't do anything for you. Perhaps if you could accumulate these points and use them to raid a small stream?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How about a way where if a small streamer or struggling streamer donates to a charity twitch is featuring they get put on a rotating banner on Twitch main page for feature. Must average below 10 viewers on average. It can be daily or weekly and if its a lot of donations then weekly to be sure they get promoted. Promotion stays up depending on donation amount. Just a thought.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?